Sport Horse Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maryland peeps - need pre-purchase vet recommendation (also posted in dressage forum)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland peeps - need pre-purchase vet recommendation (also posted in dressage forum)

Hi - I need prepurchase vet recommendation. Does anyone know a specific vet at Unionville Equine or New Bolton Center? The other names given to me are Hope Batchelor or Equine Vet Associates. Really need advice for a great repurchase vet - thorough exam for a 5 year old. The area is Colora which is near Darlington or Port Deposit. TIA!

I'd recommend Kevin Keane in Cochranville, 25 min from Colora. He's an upper-level eventer as well as an accomplished sports medicine vet so I think he can offer a really good perspective. He's very honest, forthright, and down-to-earth. Just so you know, he's on crutches at the moment so although he's still working, his associates are helping him with most of the hands-on stuff.

His practice: www.sportsmedicineassociatescc.com
    Building and Managing the Small Horse Farm: http://thesmallhorsefarm.blogspot.com

Comment

• Original Poster

Hi - Have you used Kevin for prepurchase exams? He was actually recommended by the seller along with the UnionVille Equine clinic. I just don't have a name from the clinic of a person to use there. Thanks so much for replying!!!

Comment

I have used Dr. Keane for lameness exams and really like working with him. I would use him for a PPE. My trainer also recommends Mark Donaldson/Unionville Equine for PPE.
        Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

Two thumbs up for Mark Donaldson from Unionville Equine Associates. Two thumbs up for Kevin Keane. Hope Batchelor...not for a pre-purchase.

Comment

• Original Poster

You guys are awesome! So helpful!!!!!

Comment

Make that a third for Kevin Keane. I don't know the other two but Kevin is really highly regarded and does a super job with lameness issues.

Comment

I assume I know where you are purchasing from and they use Unionville as their regular vet. One not mentioned on here that is fantastic is Equine Veterinary Center in Fair Hill. Both Kathy and Chuck are fantastic and very realistic vets who will do a thorough job and not nickle and dime you.
                Wouldst thou like the taste of butter and pretty dress? Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Comment

Working...
                X