• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Kerrits breeches/tights..yay or nay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerrits breeches/tights..yay or nay?

What are your opinions on Kerrits stuff? I have 1 pair of the sit-tight lites, and I don't know if I should get the supreme ones or mayb the breathe tight II. My pair aren't very grippy but I didn't get them new so maybe that's part of it.

I'd like to get everyones reviews/opinions on their breeches, likes dislikes etc. I have heard they work well even when wet but don't have first hand knowledge so if you can speak on this feel free

I ride a bucking bronco and I love the Sit tight supreme breeches. They're super sticky and not too expensive. The only draw-back is they also stick to your skin on the inside, but this also keeps you extra stuck to the saddle.
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Comment

I always wondered what the Kerrits breach was like? I have the F.I.T.S breaches and really love them..... they are super sticky once broken in, but are a bit pricey.

The Kerrit's supreme look very similar in design to the FITS but cost much less.

Comment

Microcords!

I love the microcords! They don't have the ridiculously sticky seat, but are breathable and have enough grip to help you out in the saddle.

I bought one pair of the sit-tights and hate them, too sticky and sweaty for me. I haven't tried the new sit-tight or breathe-tight II with the channel rib yet.
        TPR!
        Thoroughbred Placement Resources, Inc
        www.goodhorse.org

Comment

Originally posted by horse-habit View Post
          ...very similar in design to the FITS but cost much less.
          Understatement of the year!

I love Kerrits; they're all I wear. I have the microcord bootcut breeches, the fabric is great and holds up SO WELL. I have also the regular fabric breeches, and while I agree that the patches stick to your skin in addition to the saddle, it doesn't bother me much. I don't think I sweat more in them, which I've heard/seen other people state, I think they just think they do because of the patches sticking a little.

I almost got the sit-tite or breathe-tites, but remembered that "oh yeah...I ride a pony I have to convince to canter" and decided against it.
          COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Comment

I absolutely hate the sit-tites. They don't breathe at all, so they're only suitable for cold weather wear with long undies underneath, and even then, I felt like I was sliding in my skin - strongly dislike them. I would never buy another pair.

I did try on the Breathe-Tites at my local tack store, and while they're a bit lighter in texture, they still felt yucky to me - they don't seem like they'd breathe as well as my FITS. I didn't care for them at all.
            "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Comment

LOVE, LOVE my Sit Tight Kerrits

I have two pairs of the Kerrits Sit tight tighs and a pair in heavy for the winter.

I also have an "exuberant" green bean and love the stickyness. They do stick to everything though including the leather seats in the car.

I've had mine for two years. One pair is the surpreme fit. They've held up well and I wear them atleast twice a week.

Comment

I HATE the sit-tights. Only wore them once, I couldn't even post they were so sticky. Luckily I got them on sale.

The microcords used to have leather seats, a year or two ago they changed to a clarino-type fabric but kept the cost the same. I think they're a bit overpriced for not being leather.

Comment

They are not my favorite. I have the microcords and I find them thin and the fit just "ok". I don't think they are really worth the money. For the same money you can buy those Riding Sport full seats from Dover which I've really liked, especially the euro seat ones. They have lasted, look new after a year or two (and were my primary winter breech), where as the kerrits are starting to show wear around the ankles up my calf around the seam and I've had them less than 6 months and they have maybe 12 rides on them.

Comment

I have just the regular classic tights. I love them and they have lasted forever. I don't know your body build but I am old and where the low waist ones don't work these look fine.

Comment

I have two pairs of their summer tights and one of their winter. They have all lasted a long time and still look great. I really love the winter ones...windproof and oh-so-warm and amazingly comfortable; I could wear them all day, and I'm usually someone who takes riding clothes off as soon as I'm done riding.

Comment

The great thing about Kerrits is there is something for everyone. If you try a style and it is not for you, try another one. And, if there is something you are looking for and can't find, go to www.kerrits.com and suggest it- they are always open to suggestions!

Raaben- on a side note, Kerrits is an Oregon based company and very proud to be located in the Pacific North West.. if nothing else give them a try since they are "local" for you!!!

Comment

I love them...

But, the ankles on my new Sit Tight Supremes are extremely small, and I don't have big feet or high arches - I wear a small, and I have a size 7 foot. It was bad enough that I almost can't get them on (or off!). I think it would be nice if they covered the elastic on the ankles like they do on the waistband - the elastic on mine seems a little abrasive.

Otherwise, I love them. And I love their Flow rise tights - the lightweight, super stretchy fabric is awesome!

Comment

Heinz, I agree about the ankle elastic. It's not just the new ones IME that are tight and kinda owie sliding on and off; all mine are like that. Thankfully I don't notice once they've been on for a while.

And YES YES YES, the f-low rise is perfect for me. I think I mentioned in another thread that they are all I wear because I have a short waist, but a ummm "bubble butt," so they work great for me. Low enough in front to not look like old man pants up to my boobies, but high enough in back for proper coverage of the boot-eh.
                            COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Comment

DW has Sit Tights and zip front FITS. She likes the sit tights for dressage but likes the FITS a LOT more in general. I suspect she'll have a white pair of FITS some time soon. I think she likes the grip fine, just took some getting used to b/c they were soooo grippy.

Her issues with the Sit Tights are related to getting them on in the heat and humidity of the south. At the Area III Champs this weekend, Friday morning's discussion was, "how the heck and I going to get these on???" lol.

If given the choice between FITS and Sit Tights, no question, she'd pick the FITS (they are like 3.5 times more expensive...) She was looking at the new ones though and might order a pair.
                              www.foxwoodfarms.biz
                              "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."
                              -Member of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique!
                              http://community.webshots.com/user/wlrottge

Comment

some have zippered ankles. How stupid is that? you get to nestle a hard little zipper in that nook behind your ankle, then pull your boots on over it. Nice. And how stupid was I to order 2 pr online and not notice?

Comment

I like them very much.

Comment

Originally posted by JackMallory View Post
                                    I really love the winter ones...windproof and oh-so-warm and amazingly comfortable; I could wear them all day, and I'm usually someone who takes riding clothes off as soon as I'm done riding.
                                    I have one pair of the winter ones and I LOVE them; I plan on getting a couple more for next winter .

Comment

• Original Poster

I guess the new ones have coolmax in them I however can't find them anywhere, does anyone have the new ones that can speak about them?

Comment

I've never tried the full seats, but I love the lightweight knee patch tights with the drawstring waist. I could live in them. The ankles are a little tight, but the stretchiness and feel from the saddle is beyond compare.
                                        "Rock n' roll's not through, yeah, I'm sewing wings on this thing." --Destroyer
                                        http://dressagescriblog.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                        X