• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

WEG: Mandatory Outing Tuesday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEG: Mandatory Outing Tuesday

Surprised no one has developed a thread yet on this! Our team is about to be picked!
    I found a phone number and called today, the New Jersey Horse Park is the site of the mandatory outing on Tuesday, July 18. Dressage is scheduled to start at 8am, stadium at 11am, and cross country in the afternoon but the time wasn't determined when I called this morning. Spectators are welcome and encouraged, at $10/carload.
    There are 12 horse and rider combinations set to perform. You know who they are...
    Whose going?
    Proud & Permanent Student Of The Long Road
    Read me: EN (http://eventingnation.com/author/annemarch/) and HJU (http://horsejunkiesunited.com/author/holly-covey/)

Wow, that sounds like something I'd really like to see. Wish I were closer--going to be in NY this week but way too far to drive down, plus I have to work all day.

Someone go and give us updates!
    Click here before you buy.

Comment

Oooh... I would love to go...

Is it just like a regular **** event but with only 12 competitors? Is XC shorter-- i.e. how do they test the horses/riders without sapping their energy for the WEG?
      SportHorseRiders.com
      Taco Blog
      *T3DE 2010 Pact*

Comment

For this last outing its fun if you just want to see top horses and riders. The dressage will still be competitive but you will notice the rider's "schooling" the horses in the test more, the show jumping is pretty much the same, but you'll notice the big changes at x-c. Most riders aren't going for time as they have nobody to impress. The main point is to see where horses and riders are with fitness and soundness. Past that its schooling time for the riders and making sure that the horses look in top shape.

Comment

I'll be there

I leave on Monday to groom for my daughter for the week.

The format is a CT with a XC school. They will be judged in the dress. and sj, and will jump 25 or so XC jumps. One rider will be on course at a time because all of the team selectors will be there watching,(and selecting), so I would think that everyone will be putting in their best efforts. On the XC they will be allowed to rejump a jump if they feel it will improve. The the vet evaluations will be held on Wed and Thurs. The 10 riders to travel will be selected Thurs or Fri.

Comment

Is the dressage, sj, and XC all at the advanced level? Or do they, for example, ride over lower XC jumps at a slower time to save wear and tear?

Comment

It is a test

My understanding is that it is a test to show the selectors who is ready and who is not. I am fairly sure that the jumps will be advanced.

Comment

Training Session in Virginia

Has anyone heard anything more about the training sessions??? Which horses are going well, etc?

Comment

Just thought I would post the short list again.

Stephen Bradley of Leesburg, VA, riding Brandenburg's Joshua, an 11-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by Southern Edition Farm, LLC
                  · Jan Byyny of Purcellville, VA, riding Task Force, a 15-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by J.C. Chester
                  · Will Faudree of Southern Pines, NC, riding Antigua, a 17-year-old Australian thoroughbred gelding, owned by Will Faudree
                  · Rebecca Holder of Mendota Heights, MN, riding Courageous Comet, a 10-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by Tom Holder
                  · Bonnie Mosser of Kennett Square, PA, riding Jenga, a 13-year-old English thoroughbred gelding, owned by Bonnie Mosser
                  · Karen O'Connor of The Plains, VA, riding Upstage, a 15-year-old New Zealand thoroughbred gelding, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Richard Thompson
                  · Nathalie Pollard of Chatsworth, GA, riding West Farthing, a 13-year-old British Sport Horse gelding, owned by Nathalie Pollard, Carl Bouckaert and Stephanie Bouckaert
                  · Kim Severson of Keene, VA, riding Winsome Adante, a 13-year-old English thoroughbred gelding, owned by Plain Dealing Farm, Inc.
                  · Amy Tryon of Duval, WA, riding Poggio II, a 14-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by Amy Tryon and Mark Hart
                  · Amy Tryon of Duval, WA, riding Woodstock, an 11-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by The Woodstock Group
                  · Heidi White of Aiken, SC, riding Northern Spy, a 13-year-old English thoroughbred gelding, owned by Heidi White
                  · John Williams of Southern Pines, NC, riding Sloopy, a 14-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by John Williams, Mary Delton and Robert Boeckman

Alternate:
                  · Sara Mittleider of Kuna, ID, riding El Primero, an 11-year-old thoroughbred gelding, owned by Sara Mittleider

So, can we assume that Amy Tryon has made the WEG squad? Theres 1 spot taken...only 5 more to choose.....
                  Last edited by fastpace; Jul. 14, 2006, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Does anyone have the website/email/whatever that gives the information for the mandatory outing? I want to forward it on to a friend since she might be interested in going.

Comment

Tuesday? Well, maybe I will pack up the wee ones and go! I have a double stroller that doubles as an all terrain vehicle.

Anyone local to me going? Care to carpool (with me and two wee children?)

Just have to be back by 4pm to meet up with cosmosmom - hey! OOOooooo, Cosmosmom, maybe you should take the day off work and come with us!!?? Do you like children?

Edited to add that unless the weather looks dangerous, we are going! I will be the ragged old blond chick with two children in a blue double stroller. I will bring camera and take notes as best I can. Tho' hard to do while wheeling double stroller.
                      Last edited by Reynard Ridge; Jul. 14, 2006, 04:12 PM.
                      Chronicles of the $700 Pony
                      The Further Adventures of the $700 Pony
                      www.blithetraveler.com <-- My Blog

Comment

• Original Poster

Witchy Brown, you are looking at the only thing on the web with information about this very important day. I called someone on the phone at a number I found in a calendar listing in Horse Talk of New Jersey. (oops sacrilege, mentioning anothe publication on the COTH board...sorry, List Gods.)
                        Gossip: one of the listed pairs has not been at the training session and it is not known if she will be there Tuesday, either.
                        And Amy Tryon is in England where her mandatory outing was that advanced horse trial she did with Poggio and Le Samuri; she won't cross the pond for Tuesday from what I gather --
                        $700 Pony I really wish I could go so you will HAVE to report for all of us.
                        We are in the process of helping Sara get ready too -- we wish her the very best of luck.
                        Please keep tuned in and keep bumping this thread -- we will have news on things that will be happening posted here each day I hope.
                        Proud & Permanent Student Of The Long Road
                        Read me: EN (http://eventingnation.com/author/annemarch/) and HJU (http://horsejunkiesunited.com/author/holly-covey/)

Comment

Which listed pair??!!??

Please post full gossip, not partial!

Comment

Woodstck has dropped off the short list. Sara has been moved up. 12 riders for 10 spots.

The TS went well for Sara. They all did a mock dressage test for Brian Ross on Wed. Robert Dover warmed everyone up. They don't actually tell who won, or was 2nd, etc. Sara just said that she had a very nice ride. It was a much better test than KY. She did say that Tony got several 8's.

Thurs was a condioning day for her horse. Some riders are jumping with CMP on Sat. Sara will watch the jump schools and pack to move up to NJHP on Sunday evening.

Comment

I wish someone were keeping a diary or something. It'd be so much more fun to be able to follow along more closely. It would also be fun to have an idea of what the selectors are thinking. I'm looking forward to whatever is posted here!
                              Sportponies Unlimited
                              Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Comment

Holy cow, it is so GRIPPING!! Tell MORE!!
                                I've chosen MY team of favorites, have YOU?
                                Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Comment

anyone know the order of go for tuesday.

Comment

http://www.horseparkofnewjersey.com/index.htm

Mini-update. Cross country is at 2pm.

I have to say I am pretty excited! I am hoping to be able to stay the whole day.
                                    Chronicles of the $700 Pony
                                    The Further Adventures of the $700 Pony
                                    www.blithetraveler.com <-- My Blog

Comment

are spectators allowed on july 17, the schooling day?

Comment

introduce yourselves

I am off to NJHP in the morning to do the groom thing. Please find us and introduce yourselves on Tuesday. I won't get there in time on Monday to meet anyone. I don't have any ride times, but I am sure that I will be there all day braiding, brushing, feeding, cleaning, or walking, the horse.

Comment

Working...
                                        X