Stallion Spotlight

C-Quito1

Real Estate Spotlight

CR groom space
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Amy Dragoo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Dragoo

So some dirtbag stole all of Amy's cameras and equipment.

The eventing community is rallying around to give her a hand.

Eventing nation and Facebook have info about how to help.

Amy is amazing - I am so sorry this happened to her!

Just wanted to get it out there.
    I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong.
    Frederick Douglass

Very sad to hear! I don't know her, but it looks like many are willing to help out.

On another note, why would you leave extremely expensive equipment in a car over night? I would be scared to do that, no matter where I live or what it is. Hopefully they can catch the culprits.

Comment

Ecogold is donating to Amy 50% of proceeds this weekend. Check out their website ecogold.ca
      Ride on!

Comment

Never ever leave valuables in your car - been there done that. Hard lesson learned for her. Insurance would easily cover this.
        Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post
          Never ever leave valuables in your car - been there done that. Hard lesson learned for her. Insurance would easily cover this.

It will. Just takes time to pay and meanwhile, she doesn't earn a living. But she will be fine. Just hate to see it happen to a good person but she even says at least they are things that are replaceable.

Cool about Ecogold's offer. Was all the incentive I needed to buy the saddle pad I wanted!
          ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

Comment

Originally posted by bornfreenowexpensive View Post
            It will. Just takes time to pay and meanwhile, she doesn't earn a living. But she will be fine. Just hate to see it happen to a good person but she even says at least they are things that are replaceable.

Cool about Ecogold's offer. Was all the incentive I needed to buy the saddle pad I wanted!
            Insurance will replace it. But these things take time and Rolex is coming. Never mind all the editorials for magazines like practical horseman and dressage today.

Amy is one of the funniest people I've ever met. She deserves the help.
            Originally posted by PeanutButterPony
            you can shackle your pony to a lawn chair at the show...so long as its in a conservative color.

Comment

I'm sorry for the theft. Just noting that cameras can be borrowed from others or rented commercially. My guess is that she didn't have ALL her lenses. Mr. IF who is a good amateur must have a 30 bodies and at least as many lenses at home. I have a boarder who is a pro and she will rent lenses for competitions. So I'm sure something can be worked out prior to Rolex.
              Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
              http://www.ironwood-farm.com

Comment

I just want to note, Amy is not shaking a can and asking for donations. She just made a funny post on Facebook and offered a special on Photos. Because she is a good and fun person....she has a lot of friends and they wanted to do things to support her. It's what friends do. And it's nice to see small businesses helping each other out. It is things like this that can really set a small business back as opposed to others.

To me....if you feel like buying some goods and want a good excuse to put you over the edge...this is one for me. But if not...don't feel guilty either. And yeah....good lesson for us all about leaving things in our car.
                ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

Comment

Thank you, BFNE. Was just going to point out that she's not starting a Go Fund Me page or asking for ANYTHING. She's a self-sufficient, awesome person who had something bad happen and is doing what she can, on her own (i.e. Putting her products on sale to raise some quick money) to get through this.
                  I evented just for the Halibut.

Comment

I've never had insurance fully cover anything. From car to house to work equipment. So for those who blithely say "insurance will handle it", yeah they pretty much do, but it still ends up costing the insured time, hassle, and money.

And to those that stole the equipment, may the fleas of a thousand camels invade your crotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gestalt View Post
                      I've never had insurance fully cover anything. From car to house to work equipment. So for those who blithely say "insurance will handle it", yeah they pretty much do, but it still ends up costing the insured time, hassle, and money.

And to those that stole the equipment, may the fleas of a thousand camels invade your crotch.
                      That's part of it, but even renting replacement gear is a huge expense above owning your own equipment - especially when you don't just need it for a day. Many places require credit guaurantees for the total value of the equipment. I think we all know photography is not generally a rich business.

Amy (deservedly) has a ton of friends who want to help. No need to help if you don't see fit and she isn't the one asking - her friends are - because sometimes you want to make good things happen for good people.
                      Originally posted by PeanutButterPony
                      you can shackle your pony to a lawn chair at the show...so long as its in a conservative color.

Comment

Very sad--I hope she isn't down for long. She appears to have taken down the licensing requirement for those of you who haven't bought one. I was able to view some proofs I hadn't see yet (The good: my horse is adorable. The bad: my position sucks. But I will try to find a picture or two to buy).

Comment

Oh man, that sucks.
                          ~Veronica
                          "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
                          http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Comment

• Original Poster

I plan to buy a couple of pictures that I was not sure I wanted.

I like Amy, and I just want to show her a little support.
                            I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong.
                            Frederick Douglass

Comment

i hope we all support small business women in need! i did - pictures came already!
                              Proud & Permanent Student Of The Long Road
                              Read me: EN (http://eventingnation.com/author/annemarch/) and HJU (http://horsejunkiesunited.com/author/holly-covey/)

Comment

I ordered some digital ones. This one of my baby horse and my trainer made me laugh!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sara_wally.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	9139198

Comment

Working...
                                X