Stallion Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Where will you volunteer this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will you volunteer this year?

As we all start either making winter plans or counting down until spring, don't forget to consider working in volunteering. Want to go south, but don't have a horse that's ready - consider a warm weather trip that includes volunteering at a horse trial (along with whatever mix of golf, beach, antiquing or spring training baseball floats makes the perfect vacation for you).

I am lucky enough to get to spend some weekends eventing in Aiken this winter. I will also be volunteering at Red Hills and at Poplar (for a visit with RunForIt and CookiePony and the Georgia Marathon). In April, when I give my horse downtime (mostly because I don't trust the weather), I'll be at Fair Hill and back at Rolex again joining LAZ, bensmom, FlightCheck, Flutie and others. Later in the season, I hope to volunteer at Galway again (close to where my dad has retired). And as always, I'll spend some days at various of the events at Fair Hill and Plantation (both very close for me).
    Last edited by scubed; Dec. 12, 2013, 03:59 PM. Reason: because I somehow forgot Rolex!
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I moved to GA this summer, and was able to volunteer at Poplar as a XC judge, and am trying to fit in more time to do so. I'll be volunteering for my 5th year at Rolex in the spring. I'd love to meet some other COTH people down here in GA!

Comment

Ooh, pick me!

Being a mile from the CHP has its advantages, I'm usually competing or volunteering. I'll be out of the tack for 2-3 months for foot surgery next week so I plan to volunteer at the Pipe Openers this Winter, and definitely volunteering at the CIC in the Spring. Can't wait!
      Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman.

The Grove at Five Points

Comment

Being two miles from CHP has its advantages (and disadvantages). Not exactly sure what my role at CHP will be in 2014, but I am involved with the Carolina International.

I am also volunteering at Rolex again this year and will be at Pinetop Advanced in my first official position (albeit volunteer) as well.

And yes ACME is my neighbor. . .
        www.amiddle-agedmadwomantakesthereins.blogspot.com

www.pegasusridge.com

Comment

Schedule allowing, Groton House.
          You have to have experiences to gain experience.

1998 Morgan mare Mythic Feronia "More Valley Girl Than Girl Scout!"

Comment

Plantation! Hopefully I will be able to do more than just the CIC this year. I would love to volunteer at Fair Hill, but never seem to find the time.

Comment

Whaddya mean, Aiken? Aren't you playing with us in FL this winter????

Comment

• Original Poster

Sorry FlightCheck, will miss you in FL, but Keegan is at a stage where he will benefit from seeing more different things and the youngster that I am hoping to do an event or two with is with Caitlin Silliman, so Aiken this year.
                OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Comment

Depending on an upcoming MRI, that may be all I do in 2014. wanh, wanh. No matter what, I'd love to do the AECs again, and I usually help at a nearby schooling HT a couple of times a year.
                  "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

Comment

But, we will look forward to seeing Scubed at Red Hills!

As always, I will be volunteering at Red Hills and will also have a vendor booth there this year and I am going to be a sponsor. I will be leaning on the good nature of some friends and fellow co-conspirators in order to be able to do both. I've enjoyed my position of "Assistant Go-Fer Chair" too much to give it up!

Look forward to seeing folks in Tallahassee!!

Libby
                    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
                    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Comment

Oh, GREAT reminder and topic, scooby-do!! ;-P

And I did NOT know that ACME and pm were neighbours, how fun! Someday, I swear to cod, ACME, I still want to meet you! I have seen pm, but she didn't know it (oh, that doesn't sound creepy...) since I worked So8ths 3DE this spring (or at least I saw dad!).

My work schedule is SO unpredictable, it's hard to plan too far in advance, but I do know if I don't go up to Waredaca's T3DE, I will be lynched, so I'll be there, LOL. If I am not competing at it (sigh, prolly not) I'd like to make it down for part of So8ths, if work allows.

The rest, I'll pick up as I go!
                      Life doesn't have perfect footing.

Bloggily entertain yourself with our adventures (and disasters):
                      We Are Flying Solo

Comment

I'll volunteer at the one recognized event in Utah - Golden Spike Horse Trials in Ogden. I've helped set up the stadium course so often that I feel incomplete if I don't help!

Comment

Rolex for sure; other than that, the schedule is filling fast for the first part of the year. I have one weekend off in Jan, feb, march, and april. at least for now!

Comment

Pine Top Advanced, Rolex, and a week at IEA (I organize the 3 day as a volunteer) for sure. I generally try to pitch in elsewhere as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by wildlifer View Post
                              Oh, GREAT reminder and topic, scooby-do!! ;-P

And I did NOT know that ACME and pm were neighbours, how fun! Someday, I swear to cod, ACME, I still want to meet you! I have seen pm, but she didn't know it (oh, that doesn't sound creepy...) since I worked So8ths 3DE this spring (or at least I saw dad!).

My work schedule is SO unpredictable, it's hard to plan too far in advance, but I do know if I don't go up to Waredaca's T3DE, I will be lynched, so I'll be there, LOL. If I am not competing at it (sigh, prolly not) I'd like to make it down for part of So8ths, if work allows.

The rest, I'll pick up as I go!
                              Oh I hadn't even thought about the So8ths, I can totally volunteer at that. I would like to enter but I don't think I'll have enough time back in the saddle beforehand to get Otie properly prepared. But we could carpool

If you want to volunteer at the CIC I have a guest room/daughter-away-at-college room with your name reserved (it's not horrid, you can ask Third Charm, she was an impromptu guest during the Lucinda clinic).
                              Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman.

The Grove at Five Points

Comment

Will definitely be at Rolex. Looking forward to seeing everyone -- FlightCheck, Scubed, LAZ, etc. I will also being volunteering at Flutie's Wayne Eventing Derby -- please ask for better weather, Flutie. :-) After that, not sure. I do now have some conflicts on dates since my mare is a hunter princess. :-)

Comment

oooo, I might have to go to Red Hills this year for vacation. Great Question and should be asked and answered often. For me, I volunteer for our Area 1 newsletter, donate $ to events as often as I can, then I jump judge at any of the following - King Oak, Groton House, Course Brook and depending on how well we are competing, then I might do Millbrook...
                                  Live, Laugh, Love
                                  http://confessionsofanaaer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TimelyImpulse View Post
                                    I moved to GA this summer, and was able to volunteer at Poplar as a XC judge, and am trying to fit in more time to do so. I'll be volunteering for my 5th year at Rolex in the spring. I'd love to meet some other COTH people down here in GA!
                                    Weenie Newbie Georgia Eventer here! Conyers for the horse, Atlanta for me.
                                    Blog chronicling our new eventing adventures: Riding With Scissors

Comment

Originally posted by ACMEeventing View Post
                                      Oh I hadn't even thought about the So8ths, I can totally volunteer at that. I would like to enter but I don't think I'll have enough time back in the saddle beforehand to get Otie properly prepared. But we could carpool
                                      So8ths is da bomb - and I will be playing the role of groombabe again this year. Discount if you enter on opening day btw.
                                      www.amiddle-agedmadwomantakesthereins.blogspot.com

www.pegasusridge.com

Comment

I am just over spitting distance from Loch Moy, so will volunteer there again this year. Sadly no trip to the warm(er) south for me though.

Comment

Working...
                                        X