• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

My Horze.com Product Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone live close to the canadian border, preferably in Montana (below Alberta), or anyone willing to do an order then ship it up to a fellow rider in Canada? I'd love to get in on some of these deals, but they don't ship to Canada!
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Will add that I purposely washed my breeches (the Grand Prix full seats) in warm water and dried them in the dryer (which I never do with my breeches) and they shrunk a perfect amount for me. They were quite long on me, and baggy all over, now they fit wonderful.

Comment

• I got my stuff today!

First impression: everything is very nice, and good quality!

I ordered:

http://www.horze.com/B-Vertigo-TIM-W...&cgid=Blankets
        1200 denier 400 fill stable blanket- very nice quality, will try it on tomorrow and see how it fits. pretty color too

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Reflectiv...iding-blankets

nice quality, water proof blaze orange quarter and shoulder sheet so we don't get shot this year

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Silver-Co...=Allround-pads

http://www.horze.com/Saddle-Pad-w/Fu...=Allround-pads

Both saddle pads are SUPER nice- worth paying full price even- very cool. I feel trendy They may be a little short for the forward flap of the monoflap, will try them out tomorrow.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Tessa-Lad...weaters-shirts

Very plush, runs true to size. Nice looking enough I may not wear it to the barn.

I also got a crochet ear bonnet- couldn't find it again on the site-very nice, has a "Z" embroidered on it, ears aren't too big.

Over all super please with Horze, even more pleased that every thing was 50% off! Super steal of a deal!!!
        Unrepentant carb eater

Comment

• I got my Fleece lined t/o sheet in the mail yesterday and I really like it.

I ordered the light green with what I thought was yellow trim, but in person the green is more cameo/army green and the trim and fleece lining is more of a pumpkin orange. But nothing offensive and I still quite like it. Praying it fits.

ETA: Update - It fits like a glove! ♥ Horze!
          Last edited by wcporter; Nov. 17, 2012, 10:00 PM.
          Barn rat for life

Comment

• OK--I finally caved and bought into the "Horze, It's a Lifestyle" 50% off deal!! My box arrived embellished complete with ample "HORZE" tape.

So I got a LOT of stuff for just $75. 2 pairs of winter gloves, bell boots, splint boots, and shipping boots.

The winter gloves I bought were these: http://www.horze.com/Horze-Gloves-w/...=4&cgid=Gloves

and these: http://www.horze.com/Horze-Fleece-wi...=9&cgid=Gloves

Both fit well and I can ride in the fleece ones--the Thinsulate ones are warm, but a little chunky for riding. But my hands are always frozen in the winter, so I usually do all my tacking up with thick, warm gloves--so those will be my pre-ride gloves. For the price, both were very good quality.

I bought the shipping boots: http://www.horze.com/Horze-Transport...=19&cgid=boots

They are really nice and good quality. Of course--they are regularly priced at $88 which I think is right in the middle of the "Shipping Boot" price range spectrum--but for $44 bucks--can't be beat.

The bell boots are a little flimsy--so I will reserve judgement and see how they hold up. That being said, I bought some really nice Eskadron bell boots this summer for about $32 (almost 4x's what I paid for these) and they didn't hold up very long so price doesn't always equal durability.

Lastly were the cheapo fleece lined splint boots. They are only $13.95 at full price, so I wasn't expecting anything high quality. They met that expectation! They are actually kind of lightweight (which I like) and fit around the leg well but did run a little "tall" for both of my horses, so I am not sure if I will use them much.

So unfortunately, I am now roped in and will be trying to use my 50% off "code" again tonight and order some breeches and saddle pads (there's no such thing as too many saddle pads, right??)

Comment

• I also jumped om the Horze bandwagon, after holding out for ages.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Base-Flee...&cgid=Blankets
              Super cute, took a gamble on the size for colour I wanted and ended up being a touch small for Princess Poneh, will work for her slightly smaller cohort.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Active-Ch...&cgid=Breeches
              really like these, nice thick fabric. I do think they run about half size large as I ordered my normal size and they fit well while my other breeches are a bit too tight.

http://www.horze.com/Horze-Rovigo-Al...gid=Saddlepads
              I got the full size which was a mistake as it is ridiculously large. Otherwise nice pad. I wish the site had measurements!
              for more Joy then you can handle
              http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NSRider View Post
                Does anyone live close to the canadian border, preferably in Montana (below Alberta), or anyone willing to do an order then ship it up to a fellow rider in Canada? I'd love to get in on some of these deals, but they don't ship to Canada!
                I can do that for ya, if you want to make an order and have it shipped to my (Wisconsin) address, and then I can send to you for shipping cost. Let me know!
                High Quality Tack Resale

Comment

• So returns seem to be fairly easy, if you contact them on the website don't assume the email didn't go through if you receive a bounce message back. I emailed them like three times, whoops.
                  for more Joy then you can handle
                  http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I got my second order yesterday. I really like the base fleece especially for the money! My draft cross normally wears a 78 in Rambo and I ordered a 78 hoping it would work. It's probably a little smaller than expected, but not so bad that it needs to go back. It's a little more narrow through the shoulders than Rambo and is a little shorter on the sides but I'm planning on using it under his TO so that's not a huge deal. It's great for length along his back though and any larger would probably be too far down his tail.

I also ordered the tendon boots everyone has been raving about. I was not expecting them to fit my horse because he has a decent amount of bone, but they fit really well and seem like good quality for the money. I'm a little sad that they don't have a just red. Not some dusty pink-ish red, just red so it would match our XC colors.

I also ordered the hoof dressing brush and it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, like it may hold the entire bottle of Keratex big. While I haven't used it with the Keratex, I'm a little worried that it will be too big and I'll end up wasting it. I guess I'll just stick with the little plastic airport container I have, but for $1.50 with the discount, I'm not going to cry and will probably find something else I can put in it at some point.

Comment

• Can I Just Rave About my Horze Blankets....

After half way through the winter season, I am in love with my two Horze blankets.

I have these:
                      http://www.horze.com/Horze-Avalanche...,en_US,pd.html
                      http://www.horze.com/Horze-Royal-Equ...,en_US,pd.html

And they are awesome!

They fit my (big) horse like a glove and are the only ones I've found so far with more than enough drop that don't leave him looking like he's wearing a mini skirt.

Plus, with continuous wear, they've held up great, and my horse lives out 24/7 with a bunch of rowdy geldings.

The mid-season rug is only 150g, but it keeps him dry and comfortable from temps in the low teens to the high 30s. I went out one night to check on him, when it was blowing like crazy with a windchill easily in the single digits, stuck my hand under his rug, and he was nice and cozy. I was kind of amazed. Plus, on the days that the day-temps climb above freezing, and I cant get out to switch him to a T/O sheet, it breathes enough to keep him from over-heating. For $90 bucks (with the 50% off deal), I am so psyched I got such a kick a** blanket!!!

My BO was a bit skeptical of this "unknown" brand with a funny name, but she has come to admit she is impressed with the "Horze."

♥♥♥ Horze!!
                      Barn rat for life

Comment

• I have now seen 5 of our big Horze Avalanche Combo Winter Rugs rip in some way or another. One is missing a strap on the neck, two have large holes in the butts (one thanks to my horse, no idea where the other one came from) and then 2 more are tearing at the buckles. They are good blankets for cold weather but this is the first winter using them and they are already falling apart!
                        "I'm too sexy for my blanket, too sexy for my blanket, these mares-they should take it..." (J-Lu) - Featuring The Skypizzle Pony aka Classic Skyline

Comment

• Since this thread got bumped back up, I'll review the bridle I got from the Horze. The one that others raved about but I was kind of unimpressed when it arrived -- I think it is the Venice model although I don't recall for sure. I decided to keep it since it was cheap and would be an extra for rainy days, etc. Used it for the first time yesterday and the keeper on the noseband was broken by the end of my ride. Just a keeper, but sure made me concerned about the rest of it...I don't think I'll be using it again.

I still really like the Silvia denim breeches I got, and only complaint there is the fit varied a bit between colors. The dark granite fit great, but the navy are loose in the oddest place -- the lower thigh and around the knee. I am going to wash them in warm and actually dry them, which I never do to breeches, hoping the legs will shrink a bit. Did not enjoy the rubs I got from them today!

Comment

• Horsepoor... you should see if you can return that bridle!
                            AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

• I've got the Horze Happy Go Lucky Bridle (http://www.horze.com/Horze-Happy-Go-...,en_US,pd.html) and it is much nicer than I expected. I was hoping for a temporary fix (and it was $20 with a half off coupon) and I was VERY surprised how nice it is. The noseband is a bit flimsy, but seeing as I don't ride with mine super tight, its not a big deal. I also got the Sporty Tall Boots (http://www.horze.com/Horze-Sporty-Ta...,en_US,pd.html) since I literally wore through the bottom of my Blundstones, and was also pleasantly surprised. Again, had a 50% off coupon so put them at $50. Feels like tennis shoes that happen to be tall boots. I wear them 6 days a week and they are, so far, holding up perfectly.

Comment

• is there a 50% coupon code that is active now?
                                "There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse." - Robert Smith Surtees

Comment

• I have been wearing my breeches a lot & like them quite well.
                                  No issues with the cooler I bought & I have been using it regularly.

I have not used the rain sheet much, but so far so good. She has not been turned out in it, but I use it to walk down the road to arena if it is storming, so we can't comment as to its durability.

I also have the reflective blaze orange riding rug. The velcro seemed to be put on a strange angle so the wrap around her chest is a bit odd, but it works fine & I really like it for walking along the road at night. It also seems to entertain people when they see us with it.

Other stuff I have that has been fine: under the helmet cotton head wrap thing, mittens, hoof brush. I sent one jacket back b/c it didn't fit my ape long arms & I wasn't thrilled with the appearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippolyta View Post
                                    Other stuff I have that has been fine: under the helmet cotton head wrap thing, ...
                                    This reminded me of one thing I got that I LOVED this winter -- an under helmet head cover that goes over my neck and ears, but mine is more a nylon rather than cotton. I wore that riding in the wind and cold and it was great - fleece makes me sweat too much and this was just perfect to keep the heat in, cold out, and not change my helmet fit too much. And I could still hear, which was good.

As for coupon codes, I haven't seen any since the happynewyear one expired but have seen several threads here and elsewhere requesting a new one...but no sign of one so far.

Comment

• I bought these:
                                      http://www.horze.com/Horze-spurs%2C-...,en_US,pd.html

And these:
                                      http://www.horze.com/Horze-Exclusive...,en_US,pd.html

The spurs are nice, but I think they'd be better for a horse that only needs a little encouragement. I have used them on two lazy horses and just don't receive what I ask for. They're fine with my trainer's Prince of Wales spurs, which I am buying. But the really round end, not doing much.

Straps are nice as well. 4 stars overall.
                                      Proud member of the COTH Junior (and Junior-at-Heart!) clique!

Comment

Working...
                                      X