• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

So anyone puting on a Mini Event in WI this year?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So anyone puting on a Mini Event in WI this year?

Title says it all! Would love to take my students to a mini event as a few of my H/J kids want to give eventing a go. And the more that come over to the dark side with me, the more events I get to go to We use to have one only 30min from me, but they haven't had it in over 10 years

Me, me, me. We will be hosting an eventing competition
    July 28, 2012. It will be an Eventing Derby this year, a
    combined course of stadium and cross country jumps.
    The whole is aimed at those who are starting or restarting
    or more advanced riders who have a horse who needs
    some experience. Levels are Introductory (18"), BN and
    Novice. No water but land is rolling hillsides and there
    is one small bank.

We have been hosting little schooling level horse trials
    for 20 years now. Most of our riders do come from either
    western Wisconsin or eastern Minnesota, but we welcome
    riders from all over. We have had folks from Iowa, South
    Dakota, the UP of Michigan and one from Germany (was visiting a local). Folks from the other side of Wisconsin
    are very welcome. Our farm is 15 miles south of I-94
    and just a bit west of Menomonie (the Otter Creek exit).

Overnight stalling is available on farm or nearby and
    there are other courses in the area which riders coming
    from further away might choose to school on Sunday for a full weekend of eventing fun.

Anyone with interest feel free to email or PM me and I
    will be happy to send show announcement and answer
    any questions. Love to meet more WI eventers.
    Robin from Dancing Horse Hill
    Elmwood, Wisconsin

Comment

• Original Poster

Robin, could you email me the information? vmattson@mattsontraining.net Would love to (as long as I have a new truck and trailer!) Bring the four that want to go to a mini event, eventing derby!

Comment

Fox valley saddle associatation in Hampshire IL always puts on a good show (they actually do 2-3 minis a year). Depending on where you are in WI it's a short drive. I live in SE WI (Mukwonago) and it takes me just over an hour to get there. Highly recomend them for beginners!
        Harmonys Maestro: 1992-2008 RIP
        Harlequinn - redhead extraordinaire

Comment

Wayne Eventing Derby, April 13-15 at Lamplight Equestrian Center. Find information and entry blank at www.mauijimhorsetrials.org. This s a low key way to start the season and this year is including a division for horses who have never competed. Additional prizes at Novice and Beginner Novice for the highest placed Thoroughbred sponsored by the Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program

Comment

Check out Geneva Equestrian in Lake Geneva, WI.

http://genevaequestrian.com/

You can also make arrangements to go and school their XC course for a fee.
            Inese

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks everyone! We are aiming for some starting in July. Now if only I can find a truck we like and a trailer since I finally sold mine! My little H/J kids, ok one kid and an adult are about to become eventing converts! And the one adult swore up and down that she would never event. Now she can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Couture TB View Post
                come over to the dark side (
                Ahem..... don't you mean come over FROM the dark side?

Comment

Fun!! We're looking for some too! The derby sounds like a blast! I did the FVSA 2 years ago and loved it! Silverwood has a pre-novice division now too. I'm hoping to get my new girl in the mini event championships this fall! That's my goal at least :-) So please post any you know of! The WDCTA has a list of some on there so check that out too! We should all try to meet up! I'll be the one on the 13.3hh shrunken Clydesdale. She's just started under saddle so we'll probably be the out-of-control pair:-). I'll be the one laughing and screaming that I have no brakes! LOL
                  Please excuse the typos...I'm always on my iPhone and autocorrect is not my friend. Yes I mean mares autocorrect...not mates.

Comment

Don't worry about the brakes, Keg, we only send one
                    rider out on course at a time and the course is entirely
                    in fenced area so your mini clyde won't get out on the
                    road if she decides to take off.
                    Elmwood, Wisconsin

Comment

Just sent my entry in for the baby to go to Wayne!
                      (Hopefully no snow this year with the baby).

Comment

Yay for fences! LOL I just heard about the Derby within a Derby at Wayne in 2 weeks. Does anyone know if there is canter in the test? We're barely walk/trotting well yet and she hasn't learned to canter except for a but following a horse on the trail. So excited for this year!!
                        Please excuse the typos...I'm always on my iPhone and autocorrect is not my friend. Yes I mean mares autocorrect...not mates.

Comment

To those who have asked for more information about the
                          Dancing Horse Hill Eventing Derby July 28. I will get back
                          to you next week. Just now my SO is heading for the
                          hospital and I am a bit distracted. Please be patient.
                          Elmwood, Wisconsin

Comment

I'm planning on entering my greenie in the 2' division at Wayne. I'm SO excited!! He's eight and has been shown extensively on the app circuit in hunter under saddle (and saddle seat! LOl!) but he's pretty chicken over fences he hasn't seen before. My friend who'll be riding him for me said it's a great show to start him at. She had a lot of fun with her horse last year, even with the horrible weather. Praying Mother Nature cooperates this year for us!
                            It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

Comment

Hi this sounds great as i am new to mn. wil be starting a late bloomer greenie. would like to know more pm me thanks!!

Comment

Couture, saw 2 possibilities on your area website. There's the eventing derby held in Wayne at Lamplight (April) which sounds like it's held in a show jump arena. There's also the cross country derby (May) held in Wayne which takes place on a cross country course with show jumps as a part of the course. Both sound like fun for greenies on up. Why not check 'em out on your area webpage.

Comment

Robin, when you get a chance pm me the info too. I would love to come to your show!

Anyone else know of any other schooling events in the northern half of the state? I would love to attend more.

Comment

Check out www.idcta.org. There is a fantastic schooling show series, including mini events & combined tests (many in northern IL).
                                    No Trouble
                                    2/2/05 - 7/29/13
                                    Rest In Peace my quirky brave boy, I will love you forever.

Comment

Working...
                                    X