• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Inavale Roll Call...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inavale Roll Call...

I know you're out there!

Who all is headed to Inavale next weekend?

We're gearing up. Had a FABULOUS lesson yesterday and confirmed that we are, in fact, more than ready and IF we can just keep the warmup claustrophobia situation managed it should go well. If not, well... I don't expect a great dressage score! Which is a little frustrating, since he's got really superb flatwork.

Have fun Heinz! Wish I could go but not this time. Are you going to the Young Riders' Benefit in Chehalis? I'll be there.

Glad you had a great lesson; I also had a fab lesson yesterday, I think my mare is finally getting it. Her work ethic has improved dramatically and no teeth knashing at all!
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Comment

My stable is taking somewhere around 8 ponies!

It'll be my first recognized and second event ever (BN). My horse is a stress bucket but also a jumping machine so as long as I can keep us both calm we'll have a good run.

And, if all three phases go well, I'll move up to Novice for Whidbey Island HT!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Mtn trails View Post
        Have fun Heinz! Wish I could go but not this time. Are you going to the Young Riders' Benefit in Chehalis? I'll be there.

Glad you had a great lesson; I also had a fab lesson yesterday, I think my mare is finally getting it. Her work ethic has improved dramatically and no teeth knashing at all!
        It depends on how things go this weekend. We have some problems with crowds and he's been a big stress ball if the arenas are too close together or too near the warmup. He's the opposite of herd bound, I guess! If we can manage the warmup OK and I can keep the lid on in the ring, he's got really superb flatwork. If not - I expect a mid-40's score.

We were able to make some headway with the bossy redheaded old man. He's almost TOO scopey and he knows he can just launch out of almost any situation. Kinda scary when Theresa starts talking about him going Intermediate someday - but he needs to be able to take direction. Bouncing a one stride on XC is NOT going to end well if he misses or slips.

I hope to stay topside this time. Will see if I can get the helmet cam set up, too. We're running Training and I'm anxiously awaiting ride times and course maps!

Comment

Me!

IF it's the same set up as last year: I loved the set up. My horse also is not so great about stressful warm-ups. We posted our worst dressage ever at Aspen after a crowded indoor warm-up and actually getting bumped into right after the called me to go down! *and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Aspen and will be there again in the fall, I just know the warm up situation is difficult for my beastie.

Anyway, last year Inavale had the dressage out in the grass. The rings were in one corner with the warm up free to use the rest of the area. They're "near" each other, but it's a pretty big field with plenty of room. Additionally, last year you could also use the outdoor arena, which was less crowded. My guy was much greener then and I was a little worried so I chose to ride first in the outdoor and then head out to the general warm-up. This year I'll probably skip the outdoor. My guy warmed up fine at NWEC which had way less warm-up space than Inavale.

Here's to good weather! Thus far, (fingers crossed) the forecast is good. Is everybody planning to go to the competitors' party? It was great last year, but it didn't seem like many were there- barbeque, pulled pork, beer on tap, and a live band...

I drive Hazel, a buxom, blonde, older, F-350 dually hauling a sad, sad, red-neck slant load (It's the next project, but it's been too wet at the beach to sand/paint). I ride Macintosh, Big, bright, plain, bay TB with a crescent moon on his forehead. Wave if you see us!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by CupcakeTough View Post
            I ride Macintosh, Big, bright, plain, bay TB with a crescent moon on his forehead. Wave if you see us!
            Have you by chance been at any of the ODS league shows in the last year or so? I recall a bright bay TB named Macintosh...

I'll be at the dinner. Bought tickets for me and my SO, then he left - so I'm bringing my groom-friend!

My gelding is Red (think I entered him as Caliente, at least that's what he's recorded as!). He's a bright chestnut paint, white face with one blue eye, belly spot and three splashy white stockings. I drive Frankie, aka Frankenstein - a white Ford with a seriously cracked windshield and a primer'd fender, attached to a white 3H Silverado BP.

We held it together at NWEC, but barely - cantered both trot lengthenings, jigged through the freewalk and he was in general just a big tense nerve ball! I'm hoping I'll have time to get him out to hack and lunge throughout the weekend and maybe he'll chill somewhat. It's so frustrating because he is really on point at home, starting to work Second level now. Our XC warmup at NWEC was literally freewalk around the parking area, no way no how he could handle the warmup area. And we danced and bounced our way over to the start box. Good thing neither one of us absolutely requires warmup jumps!

Comment

We are going to school over at Polestar instead this weekend. My trainer's mare came up lame yesterday, but we think it's just a heel bruise. We're in the process of getting everyone ready for Whidbey HT. We have 9 BN, 1 Novice and 2 Training horses at Whidbey (yikes!). Hubby is running Whidbey and I was on the fence until my mare decided to blow the mother of all abcesses, and we just got hind shoes back on after two weeks of being dead-arse lame (grumble).

We'll be at Whidbey (I'll be the tall girl, running around like a chicken with my head cut off). We are planning on also Rebecca, the YR Benefit in Chelais, and definately Aspen. My trainer was a working student at Aspen for awhile and I've never been. The pics of their XC look really cool.

Hubby's horse is a big bright bay with 3 socks, named Top Shelf. Hubby is the one that's easier to spot, he's 6'2", *maybe* 170# and has a mouth like a sailor (because he IS a sailor- )!

Good luck this weekend, guys! I can't wait to hear all about it!
              Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
              Top Shelf "Charlie"
              Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

Comment

• Original Poster

For anyone who is as challenged as I and has been looking at Inavale's website waiting for times...

Here's a link to ride times/entry status.

http://eventingscores.com/eventsr/in...0611/index.php

I'm hoping to get the helmet cam up and adjusted properly for our run this time.

Comment

I'll be at Whidbey, too, barring any disaster (fingers crossed). Last year, 1 day before Whidbey, he punctured his tendon sheath and we entered into a loooong summer, fall, and winter of recovery. So, I'm feeling a little antsy at this time.

Heinz, last time I did a league show was well over a year ago, so I don't think it's me you're thinking of. But I passed you in the dressage at NW and said hello.

My pony, being an off-tracky, is actually pretty darn chill in warm-up areas, crazy situations, and he's very easy to pony off of. He also does not care if you bump into him (with the exception of when someone comes at him head-on apparently), so if you want a buddy to ride around with and try to settle Red, let me know. If you PM me, I can send you my cell.

Comment

• Original Poster

Yes, I remember seeing you at NWEC! I was a bit frazzled at that point. My goal for this weekend is just to keep the lid on! I ride at 2-ish Friday and am going to try to get him out Thursday evening and then again Friday morning, in the hope that repeat exposure will help him settle. I may have to take you up on that offer. I'm hoping we don't cause a scene, it's pretty embarassing to be the person on THAT horse, pitching a fit in the warmup!

Comment

Might go down to watch and get some ideas for stadium jump building - they always have the coolest jumps!
                      www.TackMeUp.com
                      'What's in your trunk?'
                      Free tools for Trainers and Riders

Comment

Honestly, if you're going to be THAT horse, it's best to be that horse at an event. My horse, 3 years ago when I took him to his first event (unrecognized, but at a recognized facility), did not keep 2 legs on the ground at a time. We exited the dressage arena at E. The judge politely stood up and asked if I would like to come back in and finish my test and then actually gave me a few pointers when we started to lose it again. Obviously, we were eliminated, but I got to finish, and ride the next phases. People were insanely kind about moving out of our way as we flew about and I hollered apologies. Later they gave me a ribbon for stickability and lots of applause

Years and years ago, I was at an event where Amy Tryon's young horse had a complete meltdown in the dressage. Trust me, the comments in the peanut gallery had no criticism, only pity, and "good for hers" for sticking a particularly interesting maneuver. I think we've all been there.

And I think we'll be arriving in the evening on Thursday- long drive from the WA coast, but since it's light, I'll probably be hacking around, so keep an eye out- or I'll just look for a chestnut and white blur streaking by

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz 57 View Post
                          For anyone who is as challenged as I and has been looking at Inavale's website waiting for times...

Here's a link to ride times/entry status.

http://eventingscores.com/eventsr/in...0611/index.php

I'm hoping to get the helmet cam up and adjusted properly for our run this time.
                          I found those, but what I really want are course maps!

Not a fan of the ride times. My trainer's ride times are very close to mine, not sure how much she's going to be able to warm me up. Oh well, I'll mostly be focusing on getting my horse to relax, and she can't do that for me!

Comment

• Original Poster

Bahaha. Bouncing up and down is more likely!

He tries to be good, and I've yet to actually run into or over anyone, he just tends to get jiggy and hoppy at the walk. He's happiest cantering. Trotting doesn't QUITE keep his attention, but it's better than walking!

One good thing about eventers - we all know a crazy dressage horse can still make a kick ass XC horse!

I'm dying for course maps, too, Solstice. I've been pouring over the 2010 map and wondering if this year will be similar.

Comment

My SIL will be there! I so wanted to go and groom for her, but I'll be in DC/NYC this weekend. She's not in your division this time, Heinz--she's in Sr. Training 1 (you're in 2, right?). Have fun and ride safe! Be on the lookout for a tiny blonde, riding a huge solid chestnut CC machine, show name Belvedere.
                              Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Comment

Are you using your own helmet cam, or renting one? I saw a booth for them at Aspen, I was hoping they'd be at Inavale too...

And on that subject, does anyone know if there will be video recording services? I emailed the secretary about it, haven't gotten a response yet. I might just be missing where its posted on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvincrowe View Post
                                  My SIL will be there! I so wanted to go and groom for her, but I'll be in DC/NYC this weekend. She's not in your division this time, Heinz--she's in Sr. Training 1 (you're in 2, right?). Have fun and ride safe! Be on the lookout for a tiny blonde, riding a huge solid chestnut CC machine, show name Belvedere.
                                  Hey CC, your SIL is great! She did a bang up job braiding for me and when I tried to pay her she didn't want to take anything but I was able to force $20 on her. I just assumed I'd pay her her rate but she wouldn't have it. Really really nice person.
                                  Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by solstince View Post
                                    Are you using your own helmet cam, or renting one? I saw a booth for them at Aspen, I was hoping they'd be at Inavale too...

And on that subject, does anyone know if there will be video recording services? I emailed the secretary about it, haven't gotten a response yet. I might just be missing where its posted on the website.
                                    I've got my own - I need to tweak the little mount a little, I can get it angled right but I don't feel like it's super solid up there. It's the Veho Muvii Pro, I think. Cute little thing, not HD but I really didn't think I was going to care to see every blade of grass on a run anyway. I think its 1024x680 or some such. I've used it at home and the quality is great watching it on my laptop.

If they didn't mention it, I'm guessing there won't be video. Action Taken Photography will be there, though. Depending on your ride times, I might be able to video you if you'd like. I ride at 2:18 Friday and 11:56 Saturday.

And yes, Calvin, I was thrilled to see I'm not in your sister's division!

Comment

Bravo will be there.

Bravo will be ridden by Jordan McNabb of Twin Palms combined Training in Loomis, CA. This is their first time together in competition. His regular rider is Erin Serafini whose been showing him in Open Prelim.

But Erin is moving to Mexico to be with her husband and Jordan is his new rider!!

I wish I could come but I have too many horses and kids at home.

Good luck Jordan and Bravo!!!

Good luck to everybody competing and safe rides for All!!
                                      Chris Misita
                                      www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
                                      To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
                                      Victor Hugo

Comment

One good thing about eventers - we all know a crazy dressage horse can still make a kick ass XC horse!
                                        Word.

Dressage- That pesky part that interferes with our jumping fun!
                                        Steppin Not Dragon "Bella"
                                        Top Shelf "Charlie"
                                        Check out the Military + Horses fb page!

Comment

Working...
                                        X