• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Any Eventers in SC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Eventers in SC?

If so, where are you in the state? Who do you train with?
    Shop online at
    www.KoperEquine.com
    http://sweetolivefarm.com/services.php
  • Original Poster

Seriously no one? Wow, this is even more depressing than I thought.
    Shop online at
    www.KoperEquine.com

Comment

I go to school at USC, its sad
      www.BurkeEquestrian.com

Comment

I'm in the upstate, but I actually train with a H/J and dressage trainer. However, she has done some xc obstacles in jumping derbies and such, and I'm only bringing my greenie along with the hopes of doing beginner novice this year.
        There are some event trainers in my area, but I am very pleased with my choice to take lessons with someone "outside the discipline."
        Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

Comment

vbunny - where are you in SC.
          I used to live in Easley (outside of Greenville).
          I have a friend who goes to school at Clemson -- she started an eventing team there.

Comment

No- there are none

Oddly, the state of SC is totally devoid of eventers. Is that the weirdest thing or what?

Comment

so wierd... if anyone knows of anyone send them my way. I ride with Bonnie when she is here, but besides that everything is in Aiken... to far from Columbia. Does anyone know a girl named Rebecca, she rides somewhere close to columbia and i was told she trains? Anyone know what I am talking about
              www.BurkeEquestrian.com

Comment

eventers in sc

No, we're here.

rennyben, I just saw Carrie, the woman who heads up the equestrian program at Clemson, schooling the course at F.E.N.C.E. a few weeks ago. Perhaps that was your friend that was with her.

Comment

Is there no one left in Blythewood or Aiken or Camden anymore? I know Camden doesn't have as many eventers but there used to be a pretty good number. When I was in pony club we used to jump judge at Farewell Farms and all of the big names where there and alot of folks from all over the state would come ride. I know they are not having these events anymore but I would not think that all of these people have disappeared in the last 10 years. (OMG...I was in pony club 10 years ago! )
                  There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

Comment

Aiken has a ton, especially in the colder months of the year. It is the "new" southern pines so I hear.

There are many eventers near tryon, nc/ landrum, sc. They are there, you just have to look a smidge harder in the warmer months.
                    GO TARHEELS!
                    COMH
                    http://community.webshots.com/user/funnyknuckles
                    http://community.webshots.com/user/funnyknuckles2

Comment

Please feel free to visit my website, craigthompsonevenint.com, or stop by the farm. While we think of ourselves as being in Aiken, our farm is about 45 minutes from the Columbia airport.

Comment

also in the aiken vicinity and operating year around are www.paradisefarmaiken.com and www.jbfarm.com, also www.fullgallopfarm.com. Bonnie Mosser has a place up closer to Columbia where she is during the winter months. Her new website is still in progress www.bonniemosser.com
                        OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Comment

Raises Hand!

Outside of Charleston. Have many students (most in Pony Club) that are hitting the event seen this year! Kathy Faulk, who was the barn manager at Fare Well Farm is still in Blythewood and still teaches/coaches. Will tell you that my area has been void of some eventers for some time but is definitly on an up-swing . We hardly have schooling events anymore which is sad. But if you are looking for coaches - try the local Pony Club in your area for recommendations or the website: www.scdcta.com.

Comment

Lonely in Camden

I live in Camden and work in Charlotte, NC (yup the insanity of eventing affects all parts of one's life). I train with Jennifer Holder at Thirdcharm Training Center in Midland, NC. Currently I do not own an active eventer and Jennifer not only has horses for lessons, she is kind enough to allow me to compete her horse.
                            There are some dressage and loads of H/J trainers in Camden - so far all that I spoke with run lessons during my work hours.
                            "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
                            Courtesy my cousin Tim

Comment

Last I heard, Kathy Faulk (who used to be the manager and trainer at FareWell Farm) was teaching out of a barn in Ridgeway. Ridgeway isn't far from Blythewood.

And Tiffani Loudon-Meetze was at Second Wind Farm in Blythewood. She has won some 3-star events. As far as I know, she's still there.

Comment

Chimene Evans has a really really nice place in SC, Stoneridge Equestrian Center in Liberty. According to her website http://www.stoneridgeeq.net/ "It is only 6 minutes from I-85 and 30 minutes from Greenville". I bought an OTTB from her. She has a huge indoor and some xc.
                                RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
                                http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
                                New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
                                http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

Comment

• Original Poster

Well that does make me feel better. I am in/near Camden and its quite depressing. I just haven't found enough people interested here. It sure does make me feel better to hear that things might be on the upswing. I'd love to back into that field and become an assistant trainer to someone again ( I love the training much more than the actual competition for some odd reason) and to maybe teach again. Because I am in Camden I have been limited to race horses and hunters and its just not the same at all. I have such a respect for the sport and I just can't seem to fall in love with anything else the same way.
                                  Shop online at
                                  www.KoperEquine.com

Comment

Lellie Ward--Paradise Farm

Growing up in southeastern Ohio, I was overwhelmed when I moved to South Carolina by the number of eventers that are here (seriously, southeastern Ohio was the armpit of eventing when I was growing up).

I live in North Augusta, but now ride on the east side of Aiken, with Lellie Ward, which would be about 45 minutes from Columbia. She is WONDERFUL, plus, she's in Aiken year-round.

I used to travel 3 1/2 hours (one way), when I lived in Ohio to work with an event trainer in Cleveland (who is also wonderful), so a 25 minute drive to Lellie's is a piece of cake. Plus, access to beginner novice through preliminary cross-country, a really nice outdoor, all-weather arena, and Lellie's tremendous experience as an instructor, trainer, and coach make it a no-brainer for me.

Her webpage can be found at: www.paradisefarmaiken.com
                                    Last edited by glfprncs; May. 3, 2008, 08:13 PM.
                                    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
                                    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
                                    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Charleston,SC here

I live in Charleston.. which as far as I'm concerned is about as far as you can get from the eventing world!! Nada here for the most part. The trainer I was riding with moved to KY last year.. so now there really is no one. Lessonlearned also lives in Charleston. I'll probably be out showing her horse some in the fall. But for the most part we'll be traveling elsewhere for lessons... because we have to.
                                      Custom Painted Brushes: spcustombrushes@gmail.com
                                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/SP-Cus...75042339173555

Comment

I live in Newberry, and while I compete only in dressage, love eventing as it was my first sport. There are lots of eventers in Aiken, which is where I go and take lessons. My trainer actually does coach some for the dressage phase. Aiken is such a great town and even though it is a drive, it is so worth it. The Aiken Horse, which has a site on line, is also a great resouce for information. There are some very nice farms up in Blythewood, but other than what has been mentioned, I don't know of anyone that events in that area.

Comment

Working...
                                        X