• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Related: Area VII Unrecognized Events / HT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related: Area VII Unrecognized Events / HT

I am an Adult Ammy just starting in Eventing.

How do I find unrecognized events and HT to get started? I know about the Derby series at Aspen and there is a Pony Club show in March -- What else?

I found those through listing every facility I could think of, going to the website and looking at the calendar. I know about Flying Changes but neither of the shows I found were listed there.

I am also a member of Adult Riders, and get the yahoo group weekly digest.

Is there somewhere else I can look?

I know Whidbey Island runs a 1 day event. There's also a one day at caber farm.
    And herron park (mt) does a couple 1 days a year.
    I think Stanton Farm (in Idaho) has a schooling show in late summer.
    I believe Inavale has at least 1 schooling show.
    I don't know how to find info about these other than just looking at show websites maybe? I've heard about all these from word of mouth and having been at the recognized shows at these places.
    Last edited by PuraVidaEventing; Jan. 25, 2011, 11:31 AM.
    http://eventer4life.wordpress.com

Comment

Area VII events

the Adult Riders is teh best source!!

Check out North Region Pony Club page

Lake Oswego Hunt in Portland hosts 2 combined Tests (March and May) and two Event Derby competitions (July and September)
      http://www.lakeoswegohunt.com/

Mieka Disher at Pole Star (North of Seattle) has a series in August

Comment

Inavale usually has a derby or two, and this year they are planning on hosting two 1-day schooling HTs. They always put stuff up on their website.

http://inavalefarm.com/Activities/Activities.htm

Doesn't look like they have a derby scheduled for this year so far.

I am glad for this thread...I would like to go to some low-key schooling HTs this year

Comment

I am glad for this thread as well, and I live on the east side of the mountains.

Does anyone know of anything over here?

I know about the Deep Creek Derby in Medical Lake in early June, and the Hopeful Horse Trials at Stanton Farm at the end of June.

And that's about it as far as schooling.

There has GOT to be more.
          http://albigears.blogspot.com/

Comment

Baywood Pony Club One Day HT at NWEC - May 15
            Lincoln Creek Back to back one day HT - July 30-31
            Skagit County Pony Club event derby - July 30
            Back to School HT @ Caber - August 27

The date hasn't been set yet for Meika Decher's derby. Generally it's held in May but was postponed last year due to weather.

Equestrian's Institute is holding their hunter pace and clinic at the WA Horse Park May 14 & 15

Where is the Pony club one in March?
            Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Comment

There's also 3 one day events over in Missoula, MT
              http://missoulaequestrianpark.org/calendar.html

I've been going to these for the last 5 years or so, lol, it's a nice starter course, run well, the footing is always pretty decent.
              Then there's Herron Park events in Kalispell, MT
              (this is 2010, but I'm sure it'll be updated, and the dates are always similar)
              http://www.flatheadeventing.org/calendar.html
              Herron Park is AWESOME, the course is very well maintained, the event has always been well run when I've gone. It's farther from Washington than Missoula, though...works better for Montana people
              http://eventer4life.wordpress.com

Comment

Here's a couple more:

French Creek Derby - no location set yet - 8/27
                Whidbey Island PC one day horse trails - 9/24-9/25
                Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

Comment

Donida Farm has combined tests and schooling shows on a regular basis. Last year they had courses with a few x-c jumps included.

Comment

• Original Poster

March Ponly club show.

Found on Happ's Calendar page:
                    Lincoln Creek Pony Club
                    Open Show Fundraiser for
                    St. Jude Children's Hospital
                    March 19 -20

No more info than that.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by albigears View Post
                      I am glad for this thread as well, and I live on the east side of the mountains.

Does anyone know of anything over here?

I know about the Deep Creek Derby in Medical Lake in early June, and the Hopeful Horse Trials at Stanton Farm at the end of June.

And that's about it as far as schooling.

There has GOT to be more.
                      Check out Tulip Springs
                      They have April 23-24 Tulipsprings H/J/Derby
                      and a bunch of clinics.

Comment

Derby at Polestar Farm

I've got to chime in here... I'm glad to see French Creek Pony Club's derby mentioned in this thread! We hold a fun derby the last weekend of August at Meika Decher's Polestar Farm in Lake Stevens, WA. The derby this year is August 27.

Meika will also be holding another XC Clinic the day after the derby on August 28. Overnight stalls are available.

This derby is all about a fun and relaxing atmosphere! It gets better and better every year, and we have a few more improvements in store for 2011. Profits from the derby support our club, and allow our kids to go to summer camp each year. PM me if you'd like more information!

As already mentioned, the NW Region of Pony Club maintains a nice calendar with all kinds of events around the Puget Sound. There are plenty of one days listed.

Comment

• Original Poster

Ok, i made this list for myself, and thought I would share. It is all the stuff mentioned in this thread. I hope all info is correct, but I am not the most careful typist, so check the dates & etc before you plan.

Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), February 5
                          Aspen Event Derby, February 12
                          Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), March 5
                          Aspen Event Derby, March 12
                          Lake Oswego CT, March 13
                          Lincoln creek Open Show at Happs, March 19, 20
                          Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), April 2
                          Tulip Springs H/J/Derby , April 23, 24
                          Aspen Event Derby, April 30
                          Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), May 7
                          EI hunter pace and clinic - Wa St Horse park, May 14, , May 15
                          Baywood Pony Club One Day HT at NWEC - May 15,
                          Lake Oswego CT, May 15
                          Deep Creek Derby , June 4,
                          Inavale One day HT & PC Rally, June 5
                          Hopeful horse trials at Stanton Farm, June 24, 25
                          Lake Oswego Event Derby, July 24
                          Skagit County Pony Club event derby - July 30, (is this PC only??)
                          Caber Farms, August 19, 20, 21
                          Back to School HT @ Caber - August 27 , 28
                          French Creek Derby – Polestar Farms, August 27
                          Lake Oswago Event Derby, September 11
                          Whidbey Island PC one day horse trails, September 24, 25
                          EI Horse Trials - Wa St Horse park, September 16, 17,18
                          Last edited by IMAX; Jan. 27, 2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMAX View Post
                            Ok, i made this list for myself, and thought I would share. It is all the stuff mentioned in this thread. I hope all info is correct, but I am not the most careful typist, so check the dates & etc before you plan.

Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), February 5
                            Aspen Event Derby, February 12
                            Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), March 5
                            Aspen Event Derby, March 12
                            Lake Oswego CT, March 13
                            Lincoln creek Open Show at Happs, March 19, 20
                            Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), April 2
                            Tulip Springs H/J/Derby , April 23, 24
                            Aspen Event Derby, April 30
                            Donida Dressage Schooling shows (with Eventing Dressage), May 7
                            EI hunter pace and clinic - Wa St Horse park, May 14, , May 15
                            Baywood Pony Club One Day HT at NWEC - May 15,
                            Lake Oswego CT, May 15
                            Deep Creek Derby , June 4,
                            Inavale One day HT & PC Rally, June 5
                            Hopeful horse trials at Stanton Farm, June 24, 25
                            Lake Oswego Event Derby, July 24
                            Skagit County Pony Club event derby - July 30, (is this PC only??)
                            Caber Farms, August 19, 20, 21
                            Back to School HT @ Caber - August 27 , 28
                            French Creek Derby – Polestar Farms, August 27
                            Lake Oswago Event Derby, September 11
                            Whidbey Island PC one day horse trails, September 24, 25
                            EI Horse Trials - Wa St Horse park, September 16, 17,18
                            This is great, thanks for combining everything so far!
                            Blacktree Farm
                            Lessons, Training & Sporthorse Sales.
                            Blacktree Studio
                            Graphic Design, Web Design & Photography.

Comment

Working...
                            X