• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Your Horse: Bragging Rights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Horse: Bragging Rights

At my barn, people look at me funny if I start bragging about my boys. So I don't. There's something to be said about being humble and discrete.

But on the other hand, I often ask others about their horses... and they're too reserved to tell me much about them. My barn just went through an 80% turnover of boarders b/c they are now only allowing students. So I miss all the former folk, and after two months, I still don't know many of the new ones.

It's good to have a healthy appreciation of our horses and ponies. It keeps us motivated and it's just plain fun!

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD: Lets celebrate our love of horses. Tell me about your horse or pony, or mule for that matter , anything that you love about them, or something they did.

THE RULES:
    1. Only one reasonable paragraph per horse.
    2. Only three horses per post. (You can do multiple posts, but this is just to keep it from getting bogged down.)
    3. Only link one picture per horse.
    4. Feel free to comment on other's posts, but remember this thread is in the SPIRIT of MORAL BUILDING and the love of our horses. Offer constructive criticism only if the post requests it. (And request it if you want others to critique you etc.)

Reminders: Do not post an ad in any way shape or form. Do not link to an ad.

If this catches on, I'll post about mine, but I really want to know about YOUR HORSE.
    "Bold Words was classier than all his competition. Straighter knees and a slim, elegant neck." -Nan Mooney My Racing Heart

Why, so you can drive to Fla and steal him?
    T3DE 2010 Pact Group
    Barefoot Eventers Clique
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

Comment

• Original Poster

CBF, your gray is so cute! love his expression in the pic on your profile and his stripe/ snip. I might just drive all the way across the country to steal him.
      "Bold Words was classier than all his competition. Straighter knees and a slim, elegant neck." -Nan Mooney My Racing Heart

Comment

Clover Express: My horse is an imported Irish sport horse by Clover Hill. He did the 4'6 junior jumpers in his "hay day" and worth almost as much as my house but was cast and got injured. He was given basically 3 yrs off by my sister's best friend who was given him since he was useless as a junior jumper anymore. I bought him for only 3K Now we event and play in the jumpers for fun. He is my big baby and I get depressed if I don't see him for a day! He comes to me in the field and is very attached to me. He did 1 novice and then moved up to training. We just got back from FL and hope to go prelim this summer. I am aiming at a 1* next spring. He is older (14) so I am trying to fit everything in before he gets too old He has so much personality. He jumps like a giraffe but has scope to burn! Well, that's my baby boy!!

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot...91399_9679.jpg

http://photos-192.ll.facebook.com/ph...89769_4548.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/phot...89372_6063.jpg
        http://vccs.facebook.com/photo.php?p...2#pid=30189375
        http://community.webshots.com/user/CloverExpress08/

Comment

okay... i'll play. i LOVE bragging about my ponies

First... Fleck aka Flecken Awesome...cause he is. This horse is my love! He is just the sweetest, goofiest, rottenest, most willing, tryingest, funnest, horse ever! I have had him for three years now.. and I'm just amazed at how much he has changed my riding and brought me along. When I bought him we were "hoping" he could maybe go training... now i'm convinced he could go prelim! not so sure about me. He's just a big goober. Aside from his talent in dressage and jumping...he's just a fun guy. Always waiting for me in the pasture, always in a good mood, always willing to hop on the trailer and go off to another adventure. Now... he is an app, so if i get too bossy we can get into it, but once i stop and apologize and ask again...he's all for it. You really have to meet him to understand. he really honestly is like a golden retriever! here's a pic!
          so...this is not his best picture but it really shows off his personality!

such a GOOBER!!!

next...miss Roany aka Kiss my grits, miss behavior, crash-n-burn, hollys' heart, etc... i couldn't decide on a show name for long. She is my other love of my life...though in a different way. Roanys... well... she's a witch! really no way around it. I've had her for 17 years or so and she's just always been that way. I knew she loved me cause while she'd buck every ride she wouldn't buck me OFF... like others! and she still tries to kick and bite my hubby (supposedly) when he blankets her. she's 25!!! or so. But i love her. She was my first horse and I had a blast with her. I got to show off alot with her as... she bucked every single ride til she was 20. She's definitely not a snuggler like fleck, but i know she loves me. We have an understanding. She will be with me til the end of her time. Which...magic 8 ball said she'll live to 32. and she's grumpy enough to do it! She was perfect for me. Just when i was getting above her abilities and really wanting to do dressage (which... she was always so resistant but would have been a gorgeous mover) fleck came along and she got to retire. Still grumpy even in retirement.. and those odd days i hop on bareback, the witch still takes off with me bucking! hee hee.
          here's one of my faves of her!

whoo hoo. this was fun. i can't wait to hear about everyone elses ponies!

Comment

c_expresso: He's gorgeous! hee hee. jumps like a giraffe!! not quite!! he does look super scopey too! Fleck jumps like a giraffe too! for real!!
            very very cute!

Comment

Well, Froggy is my semi-rescue, who can do it all. He's 15.3-7/8 hands, of unknown breeding with some TB thrown in there. We trail ride, camp, and recently we evented together. He's funny, brave and loves to jump and swim--hence Froggy fits! Here's a picture of us at our first event in January.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...C0L0178&po=178

Sexy knees, huh?

No fair! C-expresso put more than one picture! Here's my favorite XC picture--remember, be nice, it's our first event! Yes--I know I'm a little perchy.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...C0L0178&po=101
              T3DE 2010 Pact Group
              Barefoot Eventers Clique
              http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

Comment

fun!!

I have two:

Savannah Punch aka Savannah is a 9 yr old OTTB whom I compete at the novice level. I got her when she was 6 months off the track and 5 years old. She is the most personable, non-mareish horse you will ever meet. She does everything: I can put total beginners on her and she will trot around and then I can jump on her and go school prelim fences. She will never to prelim (we think-who knows!) she is perfect for confidence and the lower levels. I plan on breeding her after I go to college to some nice stallions She also is trained in games, polocrosse, hunters, and driving. I don't have any recent photos but this is the most recent of us at waredaca going novice: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...tothewater.jpg

Landenburg aka Linus. I just bought him about 2 weeks ago. He is a 16h holsteiner gelding and 8 years old. He is super talented and I cannot wait to start working with him more. He will hopefully be my upperlevel horse(prelim ) when I move up from savannah. I haven't had a horse of this caliber before so I am a little bit frightened of the future!
                http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...0130081304.jpg

god that felt good! C expresso- i like your horse!

Comment

Originally posted by CBudFrggy View Post
                  Well, Froggy is my semi-rescue, who can do it all. He's 15.3-7/8 hands, of unknown breeding with some TB thrown in there. We trail ride, camp, and recently we evented together. He's funny, brave and loves to jump and swim--hence Froggy fits! Here's a picture of us at our first event in January.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...C0L0178&po=178

Sexy knees, huh?

No fair! C-expresso put more than one picture! Here's my favorite XC picture--remember, be nice, it's our first event! Yes--I know I'm a little perchy.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orde...C0L0178&po=101
                  OOPS I just saw the one link rule!! I'm sorry.

Everyone's horses are so cuteeeee
                  http://community.webshots.com/user/CloverExpress08/

Comment

OK

I love my pony or should I say my supposed to be pony who is about 16h now, he is a homebred Conn/TB 6 yr old gelding that is soooooooo much fun, we just did our first prelim
                    at Sporting days and he was fabulous!! here is a link to the pictures

http://hoofclix.smugmug.com/gallery/...149_a9txS-L-LB

HAve fun!!
                    Cindy

Make any mistakes going forward!

Comment

ooo I'm going to play.

Hey Mickey, aka Mickey, is my 10 year old OTTB, 15'3. I've had him 4 years, got him straight off the track. I'd never been around TB's before, hadn't really trained a horse properly, ever. etc. I've done probaly 95% of his training on my own without regular lessons. So, as you can guess, its been an interesting expeireance with alot of ups and downs. But latley things have really begun to click and make since. We successfully moved up to training level last summer. I know with someone else, who knew what they were doing, he'd be so much further along, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's gutsy and bold, honest, calm and hot all at the same time. he'll jump the moon. One of theses days we will come intouch with our inner dresage queens (and king?), and we'll be a force to be reckoned with. (I hope)
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...y/114_1460.jpg

Mandy is my little NSH mare. she's like 14'3, she's extremley observant, greenbroke, pretty much my pet, because she's hopefully in foal. (due in June) to a TB. its going to be a super cool cross.
                      She's eventually going to event., I hope. My mom thinks she's a nut, but she's a 1 person horse, and Im that person.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...y/113_1357.jpg (old pic)
                      -Chelsie
                      "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Comment

Oh I'm loving this!!

Hey all! Gorgeous horses!!

I have a 16.3+ 4 year old TB gelding- Stormin Fever out of Verreaux (we call him Verreaux- LONG story). I got him September 2007 and he has already grown almost a hand since I got him- he is a giant!! He is a huge lovebug, always in your pocket, nickers and comes when called, and a stubborn baby all in one! He is very quiet and I've taken him on trail rides and XC schooling and we are going to our first dressage show this Saturday (WEEE). I plan on doing dressage and eventing with him and maybe dabble in the hunters/jumpers and trails...
                        Do I have to pick just ONE picture? Ack this is going to be tough!!

OK this is just too darn cute not to share:
                        http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...WWWWWWWWWW.jpg

Comment

This is fun! What beautiful horses in these postings - i love the pics!

At the barn that I board, I feel like there is balanced conversation between everyone's horses and it makes for great discussion. The good and the bad (when its bad its us venting about our own issues and not really others)

Perrier, (photo in my profile) my 8 y.o. dapple grey, 16.1 h, homebred danish wb x arabian gelding is certainly not perfect but is the horse of my lifetime. Peri nickers pretty much when anyone walks into the barn, but will walk up to me out in the field (looking for carrots - but hey) and more affectionately stands at the gait for minutes after I turn him back out just staring at me. As I walk away, if I turn around, he puts his ears up. He is very willing under saddle and has been very successful with dressage so far. He likes to learn new things and seems to love jumping even though he is a bit timid by nature. We went on a xc schooling day yesterday and he tackled some new fences with alot of enthusiasm so I'm really looking forward to this year and more hopefully. Some days my partnership with Peri and just knowing how everything will be alright in life once I get to the barn to see him gets me through that day.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/22436...92273777cDPXgm Peri - day of birth
                          Me laughing and Peri smiling: http://pets.webshots.com/photo/25803...92273777OOZPpO

Caslan - Peri's dam - 22 y.o. grey, 14.3h, homebred arabian mare. The only word that accurately describes her is PISTOL. My parents had arabs when I was little so that is what I got to ride. Caslan was selected from the group (all trail horses really) because she has extremely elastic movement and is super athletic (polish/russian arab heritage) so off we went to our dressage, eventing, pony clubbing lessons. Perhaps we should have given it more thought that she put her ears back every time she was asked to canter but no big deal. Caslan packed me around several PC ratings, BLMs, horse trials, and even a few hunter shows. That mare was not an easy ride because she's ridiculously intuitive. One of those that you can't practice dressage tests on because she memorizes them. Can't really practice leg yields because she's expecting them. But she never ever refused a fence and is an ultimate lower level packer - for that I am forever grateful. She is now fully retired on my parent's farm living life to the fullest (alpha mare at 14.3 h dominating all of the (larger) hanoverians in her herd).

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/29753...92273777TyvNae Cas and I at the beginning of our partnership - BLMs
                          http://pets.webshots.com/photo/23200...92273777tEfkxR One of our last events
                          McKinley Farms
                          http://mckinleyfarms.wordpress.com/

Comment

Well I love talking about my horse. Just ask my husband, he gets tired of seeing him out the window AND hearing about him every night in the house! It's perfectly normal for horse lovers to talk about their horseys all of the time...geesh!

Lookin South is my 16 year old 16.1 1/2 APHA/TB cross (breeding stock) He came to me with a solid lower level dressage background and has really taught me a great deal about dressage. I love dressage because of him, every ride is a learning experience.
                            He is also a wonderful horse for lower level eventing, foxhunting and trailriding. He just has a great personality and he is so lovable, bold, athletic and sane. Everyone that gets to know him and rides him loves him.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...01555132ntzujM
                            Here he is:

Comment

cute cute cute!!!

i must say that looking south... i LOVE that name!

jlmkinley:you reminded me that I also fell in love with dressage because of fleck and that second pic is AWESOME!! it looks like it should be an ad for something. you guys are just like... on target!!!

everyone has such cute ponies!!

Comment

• Original Poster

My cheeks are hurting from smiling through everyone’s posts Ok here's my two guys:

My DH and I got Felix three years ago through an auction. He is an imported 1997 Westphalian 16.2H, but he had a soft tissue injury and the story of how we found out about him is too long to tell here. Felix is an absolute doll, nickers every time he sees us, head always over his gate ready to go out for a graze or a ride. He mostly likes to do h/j but we have both schooled him xc and he even went beginner novice when Trevor got a last minute cut. He had only schooled our small water "puddle" at home, so I was really proud of him for being a great sport about the water at the event (See the smile on my face?) The dressage judge told me it looked like he was just trotting along humming a little ditty in his head... and this is how he always is. Felix is a big pig, so even though he's a bit fat (don't tell the DH) he still gets a couple handfuls of grain everyday when we feed Trevor.

http://www.mccoolphotos.com/2006_sho.../_AMY8479.html

I got Trevor when I was a senior in highschool on a horse trade (one liability for another). Trevor (Bold Words) is a 1994 canadian OTTB 16H. I got him three months after he came off the track with a suspensory injury. He had 26 starts in UK and US, and one of his big wins was described in a novel by Nan Mooney! For better or worse I've done all of his training. His rehab went super! and I was able to do everything with him. I have had him for eight years now and we have a close understanding of eachother : ) He has done a little of everything, I have taken him hunting & roading as a guest, horsecamping, beachriding, h/j, event and he is super fun to gallop! The thing I love about Trevor is that he can act like a goofy crazy TB when he is laid up, or just not getting enough attention; and then with the snap of your fingers, after a week of work, he is practically bombproof (and back in shape too). He's been in regular work recently, but today we went on a hack out to the river and to get there we had to cross a bridge over a four lane busy freeway, pass cows, sheep, bicyclists, loose dogs, go under an eight lane Interstate, and pass w/in 50 yards of a recreational landing strip with biplanes taking off over head and he didn't even bat an eye... well maybe at the cows... but come on he's not a quarter horse!

http://calranunculus.wikispaces.com/.../TrevJump4.jpg

Comment

• Original Poster

Oooo that was really fun! And, I found out, that people do talk to each other at my barn... today someone asked me what kind of warmblood Trevor is, lol. She's actually a very savvy horse person, I just thought it was funny b/c I know his TB tendencies, and can't see much WB in him, personality or otherwise.

And now the fun part! What I think of your horses:

c_expresso, Clover Express is soo cute! You got a steal! Are you sure he's a horse? He looks like super-horse, needs a cape luv your pink boots too!

FLeckenAwesome, luv your pic of miss Roany, almost a romantic effect with the light. I have to tell you, my DH read your post and said something to the effect that Fleck might *just might* be as cute as his horse Felix- And I've never, ever heard him say this about another horse. Felix has the retriever attitude too, he tries to follow us through human doors, and he'll even chase his jolly ball if DH throws it for him From your other pics, Fleck looks like a dream to ride! My good friend in highschool evented her appy/TB up to prelim, go appies!

CBudFrggy, I am so jealous your horse likes to swim! haha Froggy is a great name! You guys look great at your the event, luv your horse's expression and his front end is awesome!

~Sarah~, Savannah looks like soo much fun! luv her dapples and Luv the mid drop pic! Great turnout too, I like the teal/dark green color. How do you get her so clean? I can't get the stains off my gray's tail and knees. Your new boy looks so sweet. Looks like he has a great personality. I bet you guys are going to have a lot of fun together.

Firefox, haha he's nowhere near a pony I love conn/TB cross, good choice on breeding. He looks awesome in that photo! Great clip job, his lines are so straight and he is so smooth and shiny. And I love the conservative turnout colors. His form is great, and so relaxed, floppy ears, is he blinking in that photo over the log cabin jump? you guys look great together!

HMickey, Your horse Mickey is so cute. OTTBs rock! they have such great personalities just like you describe: perfect for eventing. Mickey looks like he is having fun out there I love your red, white, blue colors! I have a friend that wears those, actually she has red, white, blue everything, everywhere lol. You guys look great together! Mandy is super cute too! Luv her dished face and her springy trot step, Hope she and her foal do well!

Samantha37, Your gelding is so cute relaxing in the straw in the sun. LOL, I love his sleepy expression. His blaze is very cute too!

jlmckinley, Love the pic of you and Peri laughing. And your bridle is so clean! Really cute foal pic! Hopefully Caslan has passed on her athleticism to Peri, her canter is beautiful and great tight knees jumping!

LookinSouth, Great pic of you and your boy. You guys look so relaxed together, I want to hack like that! Also, love his deep red chestnut color- but I'm partial to chestnuts

And after all this... my cheeks hurt even more You guys have great horses, and you all obviously keep them in great condition... so shiny and happy looking. Happy riding!
                                  Last edited by Granada; Feb. 19, 2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Sam (What the Heck) is my Irish TB. He is 14 this year. I bought him from a student of Phillip Dutton via Phillip, but he was bred by Bruce Davidson, so he's a Babamist. He's chestnut and so he's extremely sensitive. He is a big spook and often acts more like a three year old, but I enjoy it. Makes things more interesting. He used to do advanced and did a few CCI**'s, but they said he wasn't competitive enough. He is very compact and it makes doing combinations easy, but my guess is he wasn't fast enough. He is also a very careless showjumper, considering he's such a spook you'd think he was careful. We've done a ton of trainings and prelims mostly last year. My goal would be to do a CCI*. Last September he had hock surgery to remove OCD lesions which we knew he had when we bought him, but they had never bothered him until this past year. After a long recovery, we are now walk/trotting and eyeing Loudon HT's to start back up again.

Oso is my newest guy. I actually bought him from Ishi who posts regularly on here. He is an OTTB. He just turned 8 and is a very stunning black. He's a big boy, 16.3, which is mostly whithers. He feels like a boat compared to riding Sam, so it's been an interesting challenge. He is only cantering little courses right now and doing some BN cross country stuff, but I'd like to compete BN this year. I've only had him since October, so we are still getting to know each other, but he is my first OTTB and has been joy to work with. He just wants to please and really enjoys riding. If I give him a day off, he waits by the fence wondering when it's his turn, or gets into mischief like yesterday when he was racing Sam in the field and pulled a front shoe off. He's willing to try most jumps and isn't a dirty stopper. I think he is mostly enjoying being a horse now and still doesn't know quite how to act in the field. He just copies his buddies and follows them around like a puppy dog.

I've got pictures of both here -http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/Lindsay
                                    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Comment

Originally posted by Granada View Post
                                      He has done a little of everything, I have taken him hunting & roading as a guest, horsecamping, beachriding, h/j, event and he is super fun to gallop! The thing I love about Trevor is that he can act like a goofy crazy TB when he is laid up, or just not getting enough attention; and then with the snap of your fingers, after a week of work, he is practically bombproof (and back in shape too). He's been in regular work recently, but today we went on a hack out to the river and to get there we had to cross a bridge over a four lane busy freeway, pass cows, sheep, bicyclists, loose dogs, go under an eight lane Interstate, and pass w/in 50 yards of a recreational landing strip with biplanes taking off over head and he didn't even bat an eye... well maybe at the cows... but come on he's not a quarter horse!
                                      Granada- great pictures!
                                      I especially love Trevor! He sounds alot like my own horse
                                      I just love hearing that other people on this board do fun things with their horses like camping, cubbing and beach riding...oh and GALLOP! My horse is great fun to Gallop in the woods and fields too, I feel so safe on him. I could do without the snow balls and dirt hitting me in the face when I'm behind someone else but I'll put up with it cause there is nothing quite like it.
                                      South has brought smiles and giggles to others faces too when galloping....he just loves it.

Sometimes we all can get too caught up in the competition aspect of this "sport" and forget about the FUN part of horses.
                                      Last edited by LookinSouth; Feb. 19, 2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Original Poster

piaffeprincess98, Sam is so cute. I love chestnuts! Mine is sort of a goofball and sensitive too. My husband told me last year after coming home from a vet school class that the prof actually stated that "Chestnuts are genetically thinner skinned/ more sensitive than other colors" still not sure if this is true, not sure if I trust even a vet, esp research vets JK. Love his show name. His ears over the fences are so cute. And the pic of you guys over the white lattice fence is awesome! Those kind are so hard for me to jump, they're so bright and upright I can never see the distance haha, and I've never attempted one that big
                                        Oso is beautiful! Stunning, like you say, great conformation! and so black! Do you use that black as night sup? Luv the pic midair into the water!

Comment

Working...
                                        X