Sport Horse Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know the helmet thing has been done, but I've got a picture..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the helmet thing has been done, but I've got a picture..

I know the helmet bandwagon has been done over and over, but I have a picture that says a million words about the reason to use helmets:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1567647&ref=nf

The wearer hit the ground hard enough to be seriously injured in other ways, but her head was undamaged.

Here is a photobucket link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s24/helmet.jpg
    Last edited by LAZ; Nov. 2, 2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: Adding a photobucket link

FB won't permit me to see it
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" Immanuel Kant

Comment

• Original Poster

Maybe I need to make it public--I'll see what I can get done. It is the worst thing I've ever seen, helmet damage-wise.

Comment

• Original Poster

I've changed the settings so it should be accessible to everyone now.

Comment

Nope...can't see it. But I get the gist

Comment

LAZ, the helmet manufacturer of that helmet might be interested in that helmet. Don't throw it out, and I can't recognize it -- don't know the company -- but I would send the pix to someone in customer service or product management. They are interested in these impacts.
            Proud & Permanent Student Of The Long Road
            Read me: EN (http://eventingnation.com/author/annemarch/) and HJU (http://horsejunkiesunited.com/author/holly-covey/)

Comment

I can't see it either.

This post will tell you how to make an FB photo public.
              Ring the bells that still can ring
              Forget your perfect offering
              There is a crack in everything
              That's how the light gets in.

Comment

OMG, what a pic!

Comment

Can't see it! Want to!
                  Grab mane and kick on!

Comment

Can't see it either, and I have an active FB account and am signed in.
                    Life doesn't have perfect footing.

Bloggily entertain yourself with our adventures (and disasters):
                    We Are Flying Solo

Comment

• Original Poster

OK, let's try this. If it doesn't work I'll figure out how to become a premium member as I think everyone should see this picture.

Scroll through the pics until you see the helmet.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=4a9ea09fb9

The rider is OK in the head, damaged in the body.

Comment

I clicked the first link and it said content not currently available. I clicked the second link and there were 10 pictures...8 of jumps, one of a dog and one of a tractor.

Comment

I'm very curious about this photo now... but I can't see it. Same deal as the above poster on the second link. You can upload it to a photobucket account to avoid becoming a premium member...
                          Final Furlong Racehorse Retirement

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Ajierene View Post
                            I clicked the first link and it said content not currently available. I clicked the second link and there were 10 pictures...8 of jumps, one of a dog and one of a tractor.
                            Click on the weird thing between the gray horse and the Log jump. It's the helmet.

I'll see if I can figure out another photo service, but I am computer illerate, which is why facebook is easy for me--it is typically usable by 5 year olds...

Comment

Hey folks, let's try this: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...846.1071939050. LAZ, I just took your photo and gave it its own public album. Hope this works. It needs to be seen. Very sobering.
                              "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Comment

Shocked but glad that the rider's head wasn't injured, and jingles that her other injuries heal quickly!!!
                                "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Comment

THanks AME!
                                  Goodness - that looks like it must have been one horrible accident! Glad the helmet did it's job!
                                  Final Furlong Racehorse Retirement

Comment

• Original Poster

Thanks Amy!

Comment

That was a sobering photo, indeed. Thanks for figuring out a way to post it so it could be seen.
                                      If thou hast a sorrow, tell it not to the arrow, tell it to thy saddlebow, and ride on, singing. -- King Alfred the Great

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by retreadeventer View Post
                                        LAZ, the helmet manufacturer of that helmet might be interested in that helmet. Don't throw it out, and I can't recognize it -- don't know the company -- but I would send the pix to someone in customer service or product management. They are interested in these impacts.
                                        Retread--I sent it in the ambulance with the medics/rider so the docs could see it. I hope to get it back to send it to the helmet manufacturer.

I will say the medic looked at the helmet and said "it's a damn good thing she had that on".

Comment

Working...
                                        X