Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saddle brand/model suggestipns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saddle brand/model suggestipns

I want to upgrade from my Wintec 2000 for trail riding and low jumping (2 feet). Eventually for fox jointing third flight.
    The Wintec puts me in a chair seat. It's a 17.5 but I've lost about 30 pounds so I might go to a 17.
    I prefer a narrow twist and a deeper seat rather than a true close contact (I rode on CWD and that's too flat.)
    Horse is a warm blood/ Arab and he's in the wide Wintec gullet. I'd like to pay $1500 or less.
    Any suggestions? I wish I could access a fitter but can't.
    Last edited by FatDinah; Oct. 23, 2019, 08:27 PM.

I bought a Dover XC saddle monoflap. https://www.doversaddlery.com/circui...hoCHCoQAvD_BwE
    I really like it. It fits a variety of horses and is very comfortable. I live in a hot, humid area- saddles get trashed quickly because I sweat so much in them. Anyway, you can't beat it for the price. Several people have noticed it and commented on how well it fits. Price is $1099 and Dover takes returns.It's wool flocked.

Comment

Bliss/Loxley can do a saddle with an adjustable tree now. Wool flocked and I think can be done with any model. Sounds like that in the Foxhunter (deeper seat) might work for you? I believe that tree is under $1500.
      I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Comment

• Original Poster

Has anyone ridden in a County Eventer? I saw a 17 wide for $1000 on a site. It looked good for what I think I want.

Comment

Originally posted by FatDinah View Post
          Has anyone ridden in a County Eventer? I saw a 17 wide for $1000 on a site. It looked good for what I think I want.
          County makes excellent saddles but of course it needs to fit you and horse. Wool flocked so a saddle fitter can reflock and fine-tune the fit. You will find it a huge upgrade over a Wintec!

Comment

I tried a County Eventer once, and I honestly felt like I was riding on a 2 x 4. I wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.

Comment

• Original Poster

Has anyone had success sending in tracings for a saddle?

Comment

Working...
              X