Sport Horse Spotlight

Sir Donnerhall_02Beelitz

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SonnysMom
    started a topic Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

A friend of mine was injured in a riding accident yesterday. She is in ICU with a head injury. The height of the jump was well within her and her horse's ability and below her normal competition height. Not exactly sure what happened.

Any good thoughts, prayers and jingles would be appreciated

when I originally posted this I didn't feel comfortable putting her name out there. However as a number of people now know COTH has lost one of own. kcmel passed away from her injuries on Friday. Melanie will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. She was always kind, smiling and supportive.
    Last edited by SonnysMom; Oct. 13, 2019, 10:23 AM.

• KBC
    replied
    Originally posted by CindyCRNA View Post
    I left comments on my friends facebook page for a couple of years after she died. You can still post on their FB page.
    Glad I’m not the only one, sometimes I just want to share something that I know they would of enjoyed or appreciated.

For one friend in particular I pop in often to tell her how her courage has inspired me to fight a battle of my own.

Leave a comment:

• CindyCRNA
    replied
    I left comments on my friends facebook page for a couple of years after she died. You can still post on their FB page.

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    Someone said here that their was video of the service and I don't think I've seen it yet.

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    For those of you who went to the service in PA, how was Gordons spirit considering everything? I mean could he walk okay, stuff like that?

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post

I would reach out to your uncle again. You know he has some health issues. And I am sure he is suffering from Melanie's loss also. He has probably received a lot of emails and texts that he needs to reply to and may have missed yours.
    As far as why her Facebook keeps showing recently active I am wondering if Melanie and your uncle share a computer. The way my home computer is setup I automatically am signed in to a lot of programs including Facebook. If he just clicks on the tab that has Facebook open for Melanie it may trigger Facebook's algorithm to show her as active even if he is done nothing on her page.
    my husband and I never log off her home computer unless our antivirus software forces a restart
    I know and his health problem is strange, because he and Aunt Melanie never could figure out what was wrong with him when she was alive. They went to the doctors and everything. He has severe back pain and doesn't know what's causing it.

Leave a comment:

• 2DogsFarm
    replied
    Originally posted by bradt99 View Post
    No, I don't think he likes me anymore I wrote him an email a month ago and still hasn't replied back.
    Maybe try calling your Uncle?
    Realize he is grieving just as you are.
    As a longtime widow, I remember those first few months being a blur.
    Adjusting to life without your longtime partner is difficult.
    Tasks that used to be routine (like checking email) sometimes get sidelined while you piece together your new Normal.

Leave a comment:

• SonnysMom
    replied
    No, I don't think he likes me anymore I wrote him an email a month ago and still hasn't replied back.
    I would reach out to your uncle again. You know he has some health issues. And I am sure he is suffering from Melanie's loss also. He has probably received a lot of emails and texts that he needs to reply to and may have missed yours.
    As far as why her Facebook keeps showing recently active I am wondering if Melanie and your uncle share a computer. The way my home computer is setup I automatically am signed in to a lot of programs including Facebook. If he just clicks on the tab that has Facebook open for Melanie it may trigger Facebook's algorithm to show her as active even if he is done nothing on her page.
    my husband and I never log off her home computer unless our antivirus software forces a restart

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    Originally posted by Xctrygirl View Post
    Probably your uncle. Have you spoken to him?

Em

Leave a comment:

• Xctrygirl
    replied
    Probably your uncle. Have you spoken to him?

Em

Leave a comment:

• Jenerationx
    replied
    FB won't give out passwords, but if someone had that, they could be on. They also memorialize accounts when someone is deceased.
    https://www.facebook.com/help/275013...elpref=hc_fnav

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    A question? My aunts facebook account has been active lately. Could someone who knew her password be on it and would FB give out her password to a surviving family member? It says she was last "on" 10 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post

Even if there was video I would hope nobody would watch it. It would not help anybody to see that video because it would not change things. Nobody wants to watch a loved one be badly injured or killed and have that visual as a memory whether it be in person or on video viewing it.

All of us that knew Mel miss her.
    Her poor instructor having to see that, it must of been awful.

Leave a comment:

• SonnysMom
    replied
    I will never understand how this happened and I probably never will. The jump was well within her and the horses ability. I just wish someone had video of the accident.
    Even if there was video I would hope nobody would watch it. It would not help anybody to see that video because it would not change things. Nobody wants to watch a loved one be badly injured or killed and have that visual as a memory whether it be in person or on video viewing it.

All of us that knew Mel miss her.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    I don't think that would help really.

It takes time Brad. Best holiday wishes to you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    I will never understand how this happened and I probably never will. The jump was well within her and the horses ability. I just wish someone had video of the accident.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    Hi Brad. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Thanksgiving was fine here.
    The holidays can be hard when people we love are gone, but we have to be thankful for loved ones we still have around us.

All the best wishes to you. Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    Originally posted by skydy View Post

Breathing on her own means very little, especially when a person has severe injuries. I know that you have read about other people that have had serious injuries and that, in their case, breathing on their own was a good sign. That is not always the case. Your Aunt's injuries were not the type that she could survive.

It is just not that simple. Every brain and spinal cord injury is different. Perhaps, when you learn in school more about the anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system you will understand how every injury and every persons outcome from the injury is different. They really don't teach that until you are in college or studying a medical specialty. And then, all you will learn is that "it depends".

I understand that trying to process your Aunt's death is a struggle.

Try to take comfort in the fact that she had excellent medical care and that everything that could be done for her was done. She was loved by so many people, you included. You can be assured that everyone concerned did their utmost to save her.

Hang in there Brad. I have lost loved ones. You never forget them, but the pain of their loss becomes a little easier to bear over time and fond memories take the sharp pain away. It takes time and it hurts. You aren't alone. Most all of us have been there.
    Thank you for that, what I wouldn't give to see her one more time .

Leave a comment:

• bradt99
    replied
    I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Our family was okay, we just didn't talk about it. It's still too hard.

Leave a comment:

• skydy
    replied
    I wrote him a couple of weeks ago asking him what was exactly wrong with her, because they said she started to breath on her own again. He hasn't written me back yet. He knows, because he was there with the doctors. I wonder if the MRI showed something very serious or her x-rays showed something that wasn't right, but when they took her off the ventilator completely, she just died. So it's confusing for me and a lot of her family members. Something starting to breath on their own would regain conscience I would think, but she didn't.
    Breathing on her own means very little, especially when a person has severe injuries. I know that you have read about other people that have had serious injuries and that, in their case, breathing on their own was a good sign. That is not always the case. Your Aunt's injuries were not the type that she could survive.

It is just not that simple. Every brain and spinal cord injury is different. Perhaps, when you learn in school more about the anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system you will understand how every injury and every persons outcome from the injury is different. They really don't teach that until you are in college or studying a medical specialty. And then, all you will learn is that "it depends".

I understand that trying to process your Aunt's death is a struggle.

Try to take comfort in the fact that she had excellent medical care and that everything that could be done for her was done. She was loved by so many people, you included. You can be assured that everyone concerned did their utmost to save her.

Hang in there Brad. I have lost loved ones. You never forget them, but the pain of their loss becomes a little easier to bear over time and fond memories take the sharp pain away. It takes time and it hurts. You aren't alone. Most all of us have been there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X