Sport Horse Spotlight

IMG_6002

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Original Poster

I will be there with my husband and my trainer.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

• I'll be there. At least 2 friends I know I think are coming as well

Em
      "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Comment

• Great, you all may meet my aunt whose name is Nancy and my cousin Sarah. I wish I could go, but I have school studies. I went to the one here in TN.

Comment

• I will be there.

Comment

• Let me know how the service was today.

Comment

• Original Poster

The memorial was very nice. There was a good turn-out.
              Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

• Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post
                The memorial was very nice. There was a good turn-out.
                It was a great day. So nice to see everyone we know and to meet so many others including Mel's family. And OMG her sister looks JUST LIKE HER, only blond and shorter but her voice is almost the same.

Lots of real people who were sad but celebrated her life well.

I also was touched by Gordon (her husband) describing her last day. It was all just very touching. And I didn't realize that at her last event (2 weeks before she fell) she finished 1st and 2nd. That's really awesome. And her hubby said that she went out on top. So true.

But I still miss her.

Em
                "Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." ~2001 The Princess Diaries

Comment

• Originally posted by Xctrygirl View Post

It was a great day. So nice to see everyone we know and to meet so many others including Mel's family. And OMG her sister looks JUST LIKE HER, only blond and shorter but her voice is almost the same.

Lots of real people who were sad but celebrated her life well.

I also was touched by Gordon (her husband) describing her last day. It was all just very touching. And I didn't realize that at her last event (2 weeks before she fell) she finished 1st and 2nd. That's really awesome. And her hubby said that she went out on top. So true.

But I still miss her.

Em
                  Do you remember how he did describe her last day?

Comment

• Originally posted by bradt99 View Post
                    Do you remember how he did describe her last day?
                    There's a video Brad. I believe it's coming to your family members.

They videoed everything that was said.

Em

Comment

• I wish I could've been there. We had a lot of food after the memorial here. Was there food there? lol.

Comment

• Melanies facebook was activated 10 hours ago. I hope Gordon isn't try to deactivate it. I still would like to have her facebook for memories.

Comment

Melanies facebook was activated 10 hours ago. I hope Gordon isn't try to deactivate it. I still would like to have her facebook for memories.
                          If you feel that way just reach out and talk to him.

Or send him an email.

Emily

PS: Yes there was a lot of amazing food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xctrygirl View Post

If you feel that way just reach out and talk to him.

Or send him an email.

Emily

PS: Yes there was a lot of amazing food.
                            I wrote him a couple of weeks ago asking him what was exactly wrong with her, because they said she started to breath on her own again. He hasn't written me back yet. He knows, because he was there with the doctors. I wonder if the MRI showed something very serious or her x-rays showed something that wasn't right, but when they took her off the ventilator completely, she just died. So it's confusing for me and a lot of her family members. Something starting to breath on their own would regain conscience I would think, but she didn't.

Comment

• Brad, sometimes people who are critically ill, but improving, have a complication. Pneumonia, sepsis, pulmonary emboli, kidney failure, heart irregularities, and many other complications can occur suddenly and unexpectedly. I don’t know anything about Melanie’s history, but I have seen people get very sick or die suddenly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKB View Post
                                Brad, sometimes people who are critically ill, but improving, have a complication. Pneumonia, sepsis, pulmonary emboli, kidney failure, heart irregularities, and many other complications can occur suddenly and unexpectedly. I don’t know anything about Melanie’s history, but I have seen people get very sick or die suddenly.
                                Thanks for telling me that, but I just wish I can go back in time and stop it from happening. Maybe they will figure out time travel one day in my lifetime.

Comment

I wrote him a couple of weeks ago asking him what was exactly wrong with her, because they said she started to breath on her own again. He hasn't written me back yet. He knows, because he was there with the doctors. I wonder if the MRI showed something very serious or her x-rays showed something that wasn't right, but when they took her off the ventilator completely, she just died. So it's confusing for me and a lot of her family members. Something starting to breath on their own would regain conscience I would think, but she didn't.
                                  Breathing on her own means very little, especially when a person has severe injuries. I know that you have read about other people that have had serious injuries and that, in their case, breathing on their own was a good sign. That is not always the case. Your Aunt's injuries were not the type that she could survive.

It is just not that simple. Every brain and spinal cord injury is different. Perhaps, when you learn in school more about the anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system you will understand how every injury and every persons outcome from the injury is different. They really don't teach that until you are in college or studying a medical specialty. And then, all you will learn is that "it depends".

I understand that trying to process your Aunt's death is a struggle.

Try to take comfort in the fact that she had excellent medical care and that everything that could be done for her was done. She was loved by so many people, you included. You can be assured that everyone concerned did their utmost to save her.

Hang in there Brad. I have lost loved ones. You never forget them, but the pain of their loss becomes a little easier to bear over time and fond memories take the sharp pain away. It takes time and it hurts. You aren't alone. Most all of us have been there.

Comment

• I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Our family was okay, we just didn't talk about it. It's still too hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by skydy View Post

Breathing on her own means very little, especially when a person has severe injuries. I know that you have read about other people that have had serious injuries and that, in their case, breathing on their own was a good sign. That is not always the case. Your Aunt's injuries were not the type that she could survive.

It is just not that simple. Every brain and spinal cord injury is different. Perhaps, when you learn in school more about the anatomy and physiology of the central nervous system you will understand how every injury and every persons outcome from the injury is different. They really don't teach that until you are in college or studying a medical specialty. And then, all you will learn is that "it depends".

I understand that trying to process your Aunt's death is a struggle.

Try to take comfort in the fact that she had excellent medical care and that everything that could be done for her was done. She was loved by so many people, you included. You can be assured that everyone concerned did their utmost to save her.

Hang in there Brad. I have lost loved ones. You never forget them, but the pain of their loss becomes a little easier to bear over time and fond memories take the sharp pain away. It takes time and it hurts. You aren't alone. Most all of us have been there.
                                      Thank you for that, what I wouldn't give to see her one more time .

Comment

• Hi Brad. Happy Thanksgiving.
                                        Thanksgiving was fine here.
                                        The holidays can be hard when people we love are gone, but we have to be thankful for loved ones we still have around us.

All the best wishes to you. Hang in there!

Comment

• I will never understand how this happened and I probably never will. The jump was well within her and the horses ability. I just wish someone had video of the accident.

Comment

Working...
                                          X