Sport Horse Spotlight

Flamenco head 2 (web)_300DH

Real Estate Spotlight

3255 Davidsonville Rd  Barns

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry. She sounds like a wonderful rider, friend, and asset to the world. She will be missed.
    Facta non verba

Comment

I'm so sorry. She will be missed here as a kind and helpful soul.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post
        A friend of mine was injured in a riding accident yesterday. She is in ICU with a head injury. The height of the jump was well within her and her horse's ability and below her normal competition height. Not exactly sure what happened.

Any good thoughts, prayers and jingles would be appreciated

when I originally posted this I didn't feel comfortable putting her name out there. However as a number of people now know COTH has lost one of own. kcmel passed away from her injuries on Friday. Melanie will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. She was always kind, smiling and supportive.
        Holy crap I had no idea it was her. Condolences to all who are missing her.

Comment

Her services are next weekend, not this coming weekend. If you all want to send flowers or something to her memorial. Have someone private message me and I will give you the address of the place we are having the memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by bradt99 View Post
            Her services are next weekend, not this coming weekend. If you all want to send flowers or something to her memorial. Have someone private message me and I will give you the address of the place we are having the memorial.
            Thank you for this offer. I know that you will be hearing from people who respected and miss your aunt, even if they did not know her personally.

Comment

How awful. My condolences to her family, and friends. Most of us on COTH knew what a class act she was- and I always looked forward to her contributions. I will miss her presence here. Major hugs to her family/friends.
              AETERNUM VALE, INVICTUS - 7/10/2012

Comment

If anyone wants to know when the memorial is, just message me.

Comment

Bradt99 I sent you a message

Comment

I’m so very sorry to hear this... I loved reading her posts here. She will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends.
                    Last edited by Guyot; Oct. 16, 2019, 08:37 PM. Reason: typo
                    http://www.windsweptfarmllc.com

Comment

Thank you. I will be with her again one day and I know I will.

Comment

I would've traded places with her in a heartbeat.

Comment

Oh no...so sorry to read this thread. kcmel was one of my favorite contributors on Coth. Always positive and seemed to have a such a lovely soul.

My condolences to her family and friends.
                          "Anyone who tries to make brownies without butter should be arrested." Ina Garten

Comment

I would've traded places with her in a heartbeat.
                            I know. We all feel that way when we lose someone we love, but we have to carry on, and just keep their memory close to us as we go on through life.

Comment

I'll never forget, we were in California and went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant together. It was fun. We were in her Volvo on I-5 going to the restaurant.

Comment

I’m sorry for this loss. I send condolences to all that knew her and hope for peace as they cope with the shock of suddenly losing her.

Comment

I'll never forget, we were in California and went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant together. It was fun. We were in her Volvo on I-5 going to the restaurant.
                                  Good memories! I have good memories too, of the people that I have loved and lost.

Always remember them, and live the best life you can (be kind to others and be kind to yourself) because that is what they wanted for you.

I realize that my loved ones, who are now gone, would want me to remember them in the good times that we shared, even if we didn't get to see each other as much as we would have liked, because we lived so far away. I have such happy memories of the times I spent with them.

Comment

bradt99 , my absolute favorite quote for times like this, the one that got me through the toughest times when my father passed, is:

"Do not you know a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

Relish those memories. Talk about her all the time. She's still here, she's living in you and through you. Make her proud.

Comment

My condolences. I keep coming back to this, and kcmel (as I knew her).

Comment

Will someone do me a favor? Can someone please find her last post on here and send it to me.

Comment

• Original Poster

Will someone do me a favor? Can someone please find her last post on here and send it to me.
                                          This is what I found:

St Augustine starter trial in Chesapeake City MD (Oct 26th) is a nice soft training move-up. I did Radnor last year and didn't think it was too bad (and I am a wimp!), but I heard others describe it as a mini-prelim. Last year the training at the fall Plantation starter was nice and inviting, but I don't think you can count on it.

https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...a-level-area-2

I went under member list, looked up kcmel and checked recent activity.
                                          Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

Working...
                                          X