Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

JR-1

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jingles needed were for kcmel. She passed

A friend of mine was injured in a riding accident yesterday. She is in ICU with a head injury. The height of the jump was well within her and her horse's ability and below her normal competition height. Not exactly sure what happened.

Any good thoughts, prayers and jingles would be appreciated

when I originally posted this I didn't feel comfortable putting her name out there. However as a number of people now know COTH has lost one of own. kcmel passed away from her injuries on Friday. Melanie will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her. She was always kind, smiling and supportive.
    Last edited by SonnysMom; Oct. 13, 2019, 10:23 AM.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Jingles being sent. Sometimes it is so hard to be reminded of the risks all riders take as part of this beautiful sport and these beautiful animals.

Comment

Jingling!

Comment

I am so, so sorry this happened. Jingling!

Comment

So sorry! Jingling...
          When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them- Maya Angelou
          www.americansaddlebredsporthorse.net
          http://www.asbsporthorse.blogspot.com/

Comment

Many jingles from western NY. So sorry about your friend's accident.

Comment

Lots of jingles from Canada!

P.
              A Wandering Albertan - NEW Africa travel blog!

Comment

Jingles for your friend!!
                http://thepitchforkchronicles.com

Comment

Jingles!
                  Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Remember the horse does all the work, we just sit there and look pretty.

Comment

Many jingles for your friend.
                    If thou hast a sorrow, tell it not to the arrow, tell it to thy saddlebow, and ride on, singing. -- King Alfred the Great

Comment

Jingling!

Comment

Any updates? Jingles for your friend
                        "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by KBC View Post
                          Any updates? Jingles for your friend
                          Holding her own.

Thanks for the jingles.
                          Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Comment

Sending healing thoughts from Colorado.

Hang in there OP, I was unconscious for 3 days post horse injury. It was tough, but ended up OK in the long run.

Comment

Sending lots of jingles.
                              ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by skydy View Post
                                Sending healing thoughts from Colorado.

Hang in there OP, I was unconscious for 3 days post horse injury. It was tough, but ended up OK in the long run.
                                I am hoping for the same for her

Comment

I know.

It is a really tough wait for the people who love the injured person, and every injury is different.
                                  Hugs to you and all of those that care for her.

Comment

Lots of jingles from the Eastern MA herd.
                                    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
                                    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Comment

SonnysMom, I'm very sorry for your loss. While I didn't know her personally, we had many mutual friends. This is a tragic day for our horse community.

A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

http://elementfarm.blogspot.com/

Comment

Godspeed. She was parked next to us at our last event. She was a lovely rider and her horse was meticulously turned out which is no small feat with all that white.
                                        McDowell Racing Stables

Home Away From Home

Comment

Working...
                                        X