Stallion Spotlight

0201171029b-1

Real Estate Spotlight

Front cover shot
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

FEI Eventing Nations Cup™ 2019 | Le Pin-au-Haras (FRA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEI Eventing Nations Cup™ 2019 | Le Pin-au-Haras (FRA)

Anyone out there in COTH land watching also? Today was XC, very exciting. I've been there as a tourist, so I know the course landscape is hilly, more so than it appears on TV. There have been several beautiful rides, several scary ones and many very scary falls. (I yelled 'that was your fault!" at those riders, scaring my dogs) Tomorrow is show jumping of course, so I can't wait. Anyone else, anyone? Bueller?

Yep! Watched xc 3*S and L + the 4*/Nations Cup. Great xc action on all 3! Watched the SJ of the 3*S this morning: A win for Gwendolen Fer and Traumprinz with Tom Carlile/Cestuy La de l'Esques in second place and Karim F. Laghouag/Triton Fontaine in third place.
    SJ of the 3*L starting in 20 min and the 4* later mid afternoon.

Comment

speaking of Tom Carlisle, whatever happened to Epsilon? I know he had a bad case of colic. Did he recover? Or not?
      Another killer of threads

Comment

I believe that Epsilon had recently had a second operation but is still with us. He is a very beautiful horse.
        "Good young horses are bred, but good advanced horses are trained" Sam Griffiths

Comment

My memory tells me that it was an infection, not "simple" colic. But I could be misremembering.
          "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
          Thread killer Extraordinaire

Comment

I didn't know further than what I read in EN. He is a fabulous horse regardless.

Comment

Terrible website, but - full results; https://www.worldsporttiming.com/res.../schedule.html
              ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Original Poster

Thank you Equibrit I appreciate that info

Comment

UPSILON is slowly recovering from a neurological infection. Never had colics. Here is some news from Tom's FB page: First in-hand grazing outing. Tom and his team help him fight his way to recovery but he will probably never compete again...
                  On gagne petit à petit en équilibre et rectitude 💪🏻 #gettingbetter #upsilon #nevergiveup #walkofchampions #champion #petitapetit

Comment

Apparently a mutation of the herpes virus that effected his neurological system.
                    https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news...illness-682081
                    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

That diagnosis could also ruin his career as a breeding stallion unless and until he doesn't shed virus in his semen. The thing about herpes is that it is basically incurable since the virus remains hidden in the body for decades or forever.
                      "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
                      Thread killer Extraordinaire

Comment

I would think they have a tank full and are more concerned with his welfare.
                        ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

I see this morning that Tom went 1-2-3 at Haras Du Pin, different division.

CCI3*-L

Thomas Carlile takes first, second and third in the CCI3*-L. Photo courtesy of Haras du Pin.

One, two and three horses on the podium! Not many riders have ever done such a tremendous performance. On top of riding a large number of horses, nine in the day yesterday competing in different classes, Thomas Carlile totally mastered this long format series. He’s used to international podiums, but wouldn’t have bet on it before the competition.

“I didn’t have it on mind when I arrived. I knew Birmane and Bary Louvo were to fight side to side for the lead as they have already competed at this level. I’m particularly satisfied with Zanzibar Villa Rose Z who is only 7. He started eventing last year. He qualified this year for the Mondial du Lion and I wanted to see him on a long format here. He’s the conformation of a 5 star horse and has a great form. I thought the long format would better suit his gallop. And I was right. The show jumping test is his weakest point, he needs to be collected after the cross country. He has perfectly recovered after the cross country and avoided the difficulties today. He totally deserves his 2nd place,” Tomas said.

On the lead before the SJ phase with Birmane, Thomas couldn’t avoid the 4 penalty points. “I think that Birmane’s rider‘s been less efficient today than Bary’s one,” Thomas adds laughing. “She’s slightly better than the other two but I cut the curve to number 8. I paid it full. She’s had a few slight muscles problems in spring and it’s her 2nd competition since. She has to find her reflex back. Even if she’s a great show mare, she‘s sometimes overconfident. I wanted to give her an easy course to run for her confidence and strengthen her with the distance,”

It was thus all the podium places for Thomas with in order Bary louvo, Zanzibar Villa Rose Z and Birmane, leaving fourth place to Kiwi Andrew Nicholson with Spanish horse Argentino BK, and Belgian Senne Vervaecke finished fifth with Jeno.
                          from Eventing Nation.

Comment

Working...
                          X