Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

Photo1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Catalpa Corner Charity Horse Trial and the Elusive CindyCRNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalpa Corner Charity Horse Trial and the Elusive CindyCRNA

Damn, but this COTHer is elusive. I was greeter on Friday (nearly all day, and checked in nearly 197 horses), and finally got to meet her - ever so briefly. A long haul from Kansas and she pulls into the driveway looking perfectly coiffed and very chic! I make four trips to the barn over the two days, and spend time admiring her big gorgeous bay and miss her every time. He, of course, was sure I had treats. Hopefully, next year I will have better luck and be more accessible (i.e. less volunteering).
    pace, path, balance, impulsion and ??

Don't panic! Ralph Leroy Hill

Hahaha!! I looked like a hot mess! There were people there I knew and hardly got to see them! 197 people!!!! Oh my Lord!! When I started going to this show 5 years ago it was 120. I know it gets so busy there. Thanks again for a great show and volunteering!
    "Punch him in the wiener. Then leave." AffirmedHope

Comment

Hi Cindy Fellow eventer from the barn here!

Comment

I am just really glad the show is growing! I do not want the sport to die out in the Midwest. Now we just need to get more here in Nebraska.
        Jacobson's Saddlery, LLC
        www.thesaddlefits.com
        Society of Master Saddlers Qualified Fitter

Comment

• Original Poster

We parked over a 100 trailers on the property. Note the four new permanent barns (56 new stalls) with good ventilation; wash racks adjacent. We developed a traffic plan so people could drop off their horse and gear and then drive (forward!) to the designated parking areas. Four volunteers managed parking. Every time a trailer pulled in I was praying it had more than 1 horse in it! Dressage had the entire field to itself; stadium was relocated closer to the barns and squared off (no more skinny rectangular courses). John Staples built a challenging stadium course that required adjustability, but was eminently doable.
          Attached Files

Comment

The new permanent barns are lovely!! Special thank yous definitely go out to Susan and Megan for working so hard to be sure everyone had a great experience!! & the sweet fence judge who ran right over to give me a hug when I popped off on xc!!

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Chouteau View Post
              The new permanent barns are lovely!! Special thank yous definitely go out to Susan and Megan for working so hard to be sure everyone had a great experience!! & the sweet fence judge who ran right over to give me a hug when I popped off on xc!!
              LOL. She was checking for broken bones while Brian O'Connor was asking whether it was code green or code red. But seriously, everyone had a great time. they take good care of the jump judges.

Comment

I was there as well. Ran BN. Horse was not compliant and was bucking in the warmup and tried to take off whenever we cantered on xc. Had to trot much of the darn course, got overpassed (embarrassing), and then horsey was an angel for stadium the next day. Bummer for those that came off!

Comment

I have had a "Catalpa curse" as I fell off in 2009 then came back in 2018 and fell off again. This year my goal was to finish (starter), my stirrup leather broke on cross country but I was determined to finish. Everyone on course was so kind as I was trying to turn my neck strap into a stirrup leather. The parking situation this year was fantastic (and we brought two horses in one trailer haha). I love Catalpa and I will hopefully be back next year to tackle beginner novice!
                  Captain Crown~ 2009 OTTB~ My <3 horse

Comment

Originally posted by Trak_Eventer View Post
                    Hi Cindy Fellow eventer from the barn here!
                    Hey girlfriend!!

Comment

Originally posted by CorazonLock View Post
                      I was there as well. Ran BN. Horse was not compliant and was bucking in the warmup and tried to take off whenever we cantered on xc. Had to trot much of the darn course, got overpassed (embarrassing), and then horsey was an angel for stadium the next day. Bummer for those that came off!
                      My guy was exceptionally dick-ish in warm up, bucking and bolting everytime a horse went out on cross country. If you, your entire family and your horse were almost run over by a 17 hand Holsteiner, that was us! The antics continued as he refused to get anywhere near jump 2!

Comment

It was a great show this year. Both of my sons rode and had a great experience! It was very well run, the courses were very inviting and the staff and volunteers did a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by 24eventer* View Post
                          It was a great show this year. Both of my sons rode and had a great experience! It was very well run, the courses were very inviting and the staff and volunteers did a great job!
                          Agreed ! I have always liked this venue and glad to see they are growing.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by CaptainCrown09 View Post
                            I have had a "Catalpa curse" as I fell off in 2009 then came back in 2018 and fell off again. This year my goal was to finish (starter), my stirrup leather broke on cross country but I was determined to finish. Everyone on course was so kind as I was trying to turn my neck strap into a stirrup leather. The parking situation this year was fantastic (and we brought two horses in one trailer haha). I love Catalpa and I will hopefully be back next year to tackle beginner novice!
                            I could see you from where I was at fence 1. We couldn't figure out what the problem was and didn't realize that the leather broke (did not just slip off). Kudos to the resourceful use of the neck strap, and for completing the course! Hope to meet you in person next year.

Comment

I enjoy this event as well, although I found it a bit strange that the XC courses were exactly the same as the prior year. Anyone know why?
                              No Trouble
                              2/2/05 - 7/29/13
                              Rest In Peace my quirky brave boy, I will love you forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Carried Away View Post
                                I enjoy this event as well, although I found it a bit strange that the XC courses were exactly the same as the prior year. Anyone know why?
                                The plan was originally to have the courses changed this year. However, weather didn't cooperate at ALL - the area had a terribly wet and cold spring/early summer, so moving fences would have torn up the ground too much. The owners also use many parts of the showgrounds for hay, so have to plan around that as well. By the time the ground could have held up to moving fences, it was too late to fill in bare spots (from where jumps would have been removed) so the decision was made to leave the course (almost) the same as last year. They also needed to rebuild the Starter course, as they didn't run Starter at the recognized show last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X