Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

DSC_0001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

PanAms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PanAms

    Mexico has named its team.
    EN article says US and Canada will name their teams next week.
    Very eager to know who will be selected to the teams.

    I am happily surprised to hear that Canada will not wait until just before the plane leaves, to name the team.

  • #2
    Does anyone know why Daniela Moguel wasn’t put on Mexico’s team? Did she not apply for consideration?

    Comment


    • #3
      For USA...Who do you think?? Philip, Boyd, Frankie, not sure who the fourth will be...neither Lauren, nor Buck nor Will Colman has come through at big championships...Jim Wofford says the rider needs "Sunday afternoon nerve"...and not sure who else has that nerve.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Sharon View Post
        For USA...Who do you think?? Philip, Boyd, Frankie, not sure who the fourth will be...neither Lauren, nor Buck nor Will Colman has come through at big championships...Jim Wofford says the rider needs "Sunday afternoon nerve"...and not sure who else has that nerve.
        I would think both Liz Halliday-Sharp and Doug Payne would be in contention for a a spot.

        Comment


        • #5
          Dougs horse was checked after Kentucky so he is a likely candidate.

          Canada said they would announce last Friday so of course, they are already delayed. Pretty sure Karl Slezak, Dana Cooke, JP and Colleen Loach are on the team. Thats my guess...not my choice for all 4 lol
          Boss Mare Eventing Blog

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sharon View Post
            For USA...Who do you think??
            I admit I haven't looked into the team structure for this time around yet (how many riders? Have we lost the drop score yet? This seems like something Divine Comedy might know...) but if I was making the team, I'd take:

            1. Boyd Martin and Tsertserleg
            2. Doug Payne and Vandiver
            3. Buck Davidson and Carlevo
            4. Frankie Thieriot-Stutes and Chatwin

            Unfortunately, this is with the knowledge that we still need Olympic qualification. As much as I'd love to send development riders/up-and-comers, this is not the time to mess around. We need people that will complete, and complete well.

            This means combinations I'd love to send for experience (Lauren Kieffer and Paramount Importance, Liz Halliday-Sharp and Deniro Z, Will Coleman and Off The Record, etc.) are off the table because, frankly, that's really not a fair amount of pressure to put on them at this stage in their partnerships. It might not be fair for Frankie either, but with her record lately if she's declared I don't think there's a way they can justify leaving her home.

            ....and yes, I know I've left off Phillip. That was intentional given the nature of his horses and the level of this championship, though there's no way selectors will agree with me.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd be pretty surprised if Tami wasn't on the pan am team with either Fleeceworks Royal or Mai Baum.

              Don't forget that we'll also be putting a team up at Aachen in July, which I have a gut feeling will include Liz and Doug. Just a guess but Deniro Z and Vandiver seam like a good fit.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marigold View Post

                I admit I haven't looked into the team structure for this time around yet (how many riders? Have we lost the drop score yet? This seems like something Divine Comedy might know...) but if I was making the team, I'd take:

                1. Boyd Martin and Tsertserleg
                2. Doug Payne and Vandiver
                3. Buck Davidson and Carlevo
                4. Frankie Thieriot-Stutes and Chatwin

                Unfortunately, this is with the knowledge that we still need Olympic qualification. As much as I'd love to send development riders/up-and-comers, this is not the time to mess around. We need people that will complete, and complete well.

                This means combinations I'd love to send for experience (Lauren Kieffer and Paramount Importance, Liz Halliday-Sharp and Deniro Z, Will Coleman and Off The Record, etc.) are off the table because, frankly, that's really not a fair amount of pressure to put on them at this stage in their partnerships. It might not be fair for Frankie either, but with her record lately if she's declared I don't think there's a way they can justify leaving her home.

                ....and yes, I know I've left off Phillip. That was intentional given the nature of his horses and the level of this championship, though there's no way selectors will agree with me.
                Would they seriously run Chatwin again so soon??? Surely not?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Is Wofford a selector or a commentator? Lack of proven Sunday afternoon nerves has not kept some of the big names off US teams in the recent past.

                  Will the US send proven 5* horses to a what, 3* event? Last PanAms they sent the big name riders with some of their slightly lower level horses. Wikipedia says there are four riders per team, and that is how many riders Mexico named.

                  ETA: US Gold medal winning PanAm team in 2015 was Marilyn Little and RF Scandalous (also individual gold), Lauren Kieffer and Meadowbrook's Scarlett, Boyd Martin and Pancho Villa, and Philip Dutton and Fernhill Fugitive.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

                    Canada said they would announce last Friday so of course, they are already delayed. Pretty sure Karl Slezak, Dana Cooke, JP and Colleen Loach are on the team. Thats my guess...not my choice for all 4 lol
                    So I believe the athletes may have been told "on or around June 14th". The EC website actually states June 19, will be the announcement. https://www.equestrian.ca/events-res...mes/ridetolima

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post
                      Karl Slezak, Dana Cooke, JP and Colleen Loach are on the team.
                      Jessica Phoenix with Dr. Sheldon Cooper? I would not choose Pavarotti after their performance at WEG.

                      I think your list above is missing Foxwood High and Selena O'Hanlon. I was listening to a podcast where she said the horse's owners were all about teams, so I think that's a good possibility as long as he's ok after whatever kept him out of Badminton.

                      Who are we missing that might be in the running? I would think not just heavy-hitters, but those who can jump XC clear with few or no time, and show jump well. Going by that criteria, and reviewing the 2019 high performance list, I am eliminating Waylon Roberts & Lancaster, Hawley Bennett-Awad and Jollybo, Lisa Fergusson & Honor Me, even though these are all 5* horses with some good results.

                      Karl Slezak's horse Fernhill Wishes seems to get quite a few time faults on XC but has a good SJ record.

                      Shelby Brost and Crimson an outside chance (last two outings were good, but a run of XC issues prior to that).

                      Mike Winter might be an outside chance but El Mundo picked up a 20 at Tattersalls, so I don't think the results are there right now.

                      Sadly Sabrina Glaser and Rembrandt fell at Bromont so I think that puts them out of the running too.

                      Brooke Massie and Serendipity are putting together some good results but with a question mark or two (eliminated in dressage last year at Bromont, a frangible pin penalty at this year's Bromont).



                      Blugal

                      You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I believe that Foxwood High is out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by canuckeventer View Post
                          I believe that Foxwood High is out.
                          Bummer, hope he recovers well.
                          Blugal

                          You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Blugal View Post

                            Jessica Phoenix with Dr. Sheldon Cooper? I would not choose Pavarotti after their performance at WEG.

                            I think your list above is missing Foxwood High and Selena O'Hanlon. I was listening to a podcast where she said the horse's owners were all about teams, so I think that's a good possibility as long as he's ok after whatever kept him out of Badminton.

                            Who are we missing that might be in the running? I would think not just heavy-hitters, but those who can jump XC clear with few or no time, and show jump well. Going by that criteria, and reviewing the 2019 high performance list, I am eliminating Waylon Roberts & Lancaster, Hawley Bennett-Awad and Jollybo, Lisa Fergusson & Honor Me, even though these are all 5* horses with some good results.

                            Karl Slezak's horse Fernhill Wishes seems to get quite a few time faults on XC but has a good SJ record.

                            Shelby Brost and Crimson an outside chance (last two outings were good, but a run of XC issues prior to that).

                            Mike Winter might be an outside chance but El Mundo picked up a 20 at Tattersalls, so I don't think the results are there right now.

                            Sadly Sabrina Glaser and Rembrandt fell at Bromont so I think that puts them out of the running too.

                            Brooke Massie and Serendipity are putting together some good results but with a question mark or two (eliminated in dressage last year at Bromont, a frangible pin penalty at this year's Bromont).


                            well like I said, not my choice of riders lol just going by what I have heard through the grapevine.

                            Because we need this, I would pick Karl, Colleen, Dana or Hawley, and Brooke.

                            Colleen I think it our strongest team rider (next to Selena). Woody I believe is out, not sure but he was off before Badminton. Brandons horse was foot sore at Bromont so didn't present (he would be an obvious choice for me otherwise). While Brooke is young and inexperienced, her horse is beyond honest and with some time and training she may get to be the polished up and comer we need. Plus her horse is by the same sire as my two so I'm really biased lol
                            Boss Mare Eventing Blog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I hope this isn't off-topic, but speaking of horses who were withdrawn from major competitions and haven't been back out (Foxwood High), whatever happened with Under Suspection? She and Lynn were going so well together before she had a swelling near her girth just before LRK3DE that kept her out.... I really hope she is okay.


                              Comment


                              • #16
                                US TEAM ANNOUNCED
                                https://eventingnation.com/u-s-annou...an-games-team/

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I am thrilled that Doug will finally be getting his "pink coat!" I think that this is a very good team. I am thrilled to have some new to the team riders going! This is the first time, in a long time, that I have been excited about one of our Teams.
                                  When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I think this is an awesome team!! Fingers crossed for sound ponies and getting that Olympic qualification!
                                    No Trouble
                                    2/2/05 - 7/29/13
                                    Rest In Peace my quirky brave boy, I will love you forever.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      That is really strong team, awesome for the US!
                                      Boss Mare Eventing Blog

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Auburn View Post
                                        I am thrilled that Doug will finally be getting his "pink coat!" I think that this is a very good team. I am thrilled to have some new to the team riders going! This is the first time, in a long time, that I have been excited about one of our Teams.
                                        Ditto!! This is a really cool team!! And Liz is certainly a strong traveling reserve. I hope there will be a livestream somewhere!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X