Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

6571 Vermont Hill Rd. Wales NY. Krystal Dern-53
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Birthday Horse Riding!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Horse Riding!

Hey! I'm a newcomer here and just wonder anybody knows how to make a birthday party for a babygirl with horse riding? Is it safe? Should I take special equipment? How to organize it at all??

Just wanna thank everyone for joining this conversation! With your help and after reading a few articles like https://www.evababygear.com/first-birthday-gift-ideas/ I've come up with the best BDay Party for my princess Btw it's gonna be her first BDay! So, we've decided to have a photo shooting at the Zoo dressed up in the middle ages clothes and then in cowboy (cowgirls) style! Based on these photos we gonna create our own storybook describing this marvelous day as a fairy tale or a comics, we haven't decided yet Thanks again! Wish me luck!)
    Last edited by Rose333; Jun. 18, 2019, 04:23 AM. Reason: extra info

Your best bet is to find a birthday place that has pony rides or can bring a pony to your house. Depending on how on old the baby is, like under 3 I would wait until they are older.
    Last edited by gottagrey; Jun. 13, 2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

What gottagrey said.
      If the baby is under 5 you will be safest with a Petting Zoo type of party with baby animals - lambs, dwarf goats, miniature horses - the children can interact with safely.
      *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
      Steppin' Out 1988-2004
      Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
      Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
        What gottagrey said.
        If the baby is under 5 you will be safest with a Petting Zoo type of party with baby animals - lambs, dwarf goats, miniature horses - the children can interact with safely.
        Oh, that's a pretty good idea! But I don't know how my baby would react to other animals

Comment

Originally posted by Rose333 View Post

Oh, that's a pretty good idea! But I don't know how my baby would react to other animals
          How do you know how the baby would react to a horse, either?

Comment

In most areas you can find a lesson barn or petting zoo type place or two that offer birthday parties. Some will hold your party at their facility and some will bring ponies to you. I agree that I would wait until a kid is at least 3 or 4 to do a pony ride party. They need to be able to sit up and hold their head up and their heads need to be big enough that they can wear a helmet. Plus if you're going to spend the money it's nice if they are old enough to remember it. Check the place out ahead of time. Look for safety - the facility doesn't need to be fancy, but should be in good repair. They should have helmets for the kids. Ponies should be in good weight with decent fitting tack. For little kids ideally you have someone leading the pony and someone walking alongside (can be a parent). If you aren't sure how to evaluate these things and you have a friend who rides or has horses, take them along to check it out.
            Flickr

Comment

Have old is 'babygirl?'

Small children have overly large heavy heads and weak necks. I cannot emphasize this enough. I am not a proponent of very early riding, and possible sudden movements, at all. I have grandchildren and I love to make them horse crazy, but I wait!

Horses, ponies - they swing their large heads around and it can really scarce some children. #2 reason, best to wait.

And I have the pony … I still wait until they have strength, their own balance and aren't scared.

We have a local 'Zoo'Opolis' https://www.zoo-opolisexoticpettingworld.com/

Oh sorry even this suggests 5 and older....
              The cue card kid just held up an empty cue card. For a minute there I thought I had lost my sense of humor. --- Red Skelton

Comment

Originally posted by pony grandma View Post
                Have old is 'babygirl?'

Small children have overly large heavy heads and weak necks. I cannot emphasize this enough. I am not a proponent of very early riding, and possible sudden movements, at all. I have grandchildren and I love to make them horse crazy, but I wait!

Horses, ponies - they swing their large heads around and it can really scarce some children. #2 reason, best to wait.

And I have the pony … I still wait until they have strength, their own balance and aren't scared.

We have a local 'Zoo'Opolis' https://www.zoo-opolisexoticpettingworld.com/

Oh sorry even this suggests 5 and older....
                Yes! There's a video people keep sharing on Facebook with a kid who looks to be 3 at most "barrel racing". The people sharing it think it's adorable. All I can think is oh, god, that kid is going to have whiplash and TBI from cumulative concussions. My kids pulled some crazy stunts during their giant head phases and lived to tell about it. But this child is bouncing like she's trying to hold onto a jackhammer. It can't be good .

Comment

Wanderosa Yup, I had the same thoughts watching that video.
                  Little girl in pink on a buckskin mini.
                  Totes adorbs standing still, but at the trot.

Rose333 even if your baby, to all appearances, loves horses, getting up close to one IRL can change that love to fear.
                  Horseowning friends' toddler begged for a pony ride at Fair.
                  But when they put her on a pony - with Dad standing right there, holding her - she screamed to get off NOW!
                  *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
                  Steppin' Out 1988-2004
                  Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
                  Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

Comment

Maybe get the baby a rocking horse for the birthday instead of a pony ride, something she can enjoy for a longer period of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X