Stallion Spotlight

Zucchero Gold - Wandres, Frederic - 838-BC18_REU2723-foto_reumann

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Are we candidates for eventing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAyers View Post
    Damn right the sun shines out my ass.

https://m.facebook.com/reed.ayers/po...3D&mdp=1&mdf=1

And for those who are afraid (regardless of division) this is what I tell me students: Life, fun, self confidence, self esteem live on the LANDING side of the fence so you better just go jump. It’s how I live this sport.

And the definition of a cocktail is literally “The first course served as an appetizer at a meal.” So, drink and eat whatever you want. Cocktails are always happening after XC!
    Omg that is amazing what a perfect picture

Comment

Here are my criteria for eventing for going BN and lower:

Do you have a pulse or are you currently dead? (and even that may not exclude you)
      At any point have you ridden a horse?
      Do you enjoy cocktails?
      Can you walk around an arena (both on and off a horse) 3 times?
      Has the horse been ridden at least a few times?
      Does the horse respond to a kick? Pull? Turn?

Then you are good to go.
      I screenshoted this and sent it to my hubby, who is getting nervous about his first BN at Warhorse this weekend, while his super groom (me) is away. It was a good reminder to him that he can sit up and breathe (and also choose to drop down to maiden today if the schooling doesn't go as planned 😂)

I think most people missed the ''and lower" part of your statement. With my old horse, going GAG would have been a massive accomplishment because he was rather terrified of being alone outside of a ring. With my new ride, BN sounds fun and she is less then a year off the track. I think it's so much about what you are on, that I took zero offence!

Comment

Here are my criteria for eventing for going BN and lower:

Do you have a pulse or are you currently dead? (and even that may not exclude you)
        At any point have you ridden a horse?
        Do you enjoy cocktails?
        Can you walk around an arena (both on and off a horse) 3 times?
        Has the horse been ridden at least a few times?
        Does the horse respond to a kick? Pull? Turn?

Then you are good to go.
        You are way politer about BN than LeGoff.

Also, at one time, long past, I committed the 'faux pas' of using the wrong B word, and was thoroughly trashed by the COTH community.

Still unrepentant!

Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Remember the horse does all the work, we just sit there and look pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by merrygoround View Post

You are way politer about BN than LeGoff.

Also, at one time, long past, I committed the 'faux pas' of using the wrong B word, and was thoroughly trashed by the COTH community.

Still unrepentant!
          What's the wrong B word? Baby Novice?

Comment

Originally posted by Groom&Taxi View Post

I was going to say something similar. I am not offended at all, but I am somewhere around year 5 on a journey of trying to get to a "cross rails and small logs on the ground" level event.
            Just wanted to say I have to agree with this getting to any Eventing competition would be a huge achievement for me. I have been riding since the age of 3 with the dream of doing 3 day eventing someday. I am 23 and I have yet to formally jump a horse. I spent the last 10 of those years with my own horse but not in a lesson plan just goofing around and my horse definitely did some eventing prior to me getting her since we "jumped" (rather ungracefully on my part) multiple ditches and logs in our time together and she also could care less about water and new advanced dressage movements that I did not know how to ask for. I'm back in a lesson program but not in the US and I'm probably going to have to wait till I can move back to the US and can afford a second horse before I can learn how to jump properly or get to an actual eventing competition. So honestly BN would be amazing for me as well.

Comment

I will add that at least around here....BN today is much much much different than BN 10 or even 5 years ago. No longer can you take a super green horse out at that level...and be able to have a good confidence building round. On our courses...there are no logs on the ground...everything is miniature of what you see at later levels. There will be several related distances. Houses, chevrons, fences with cut outs etc. A combination to a ditch. Houses with decent spread for the level. Stadium will have a two stride and bending lines. There really isn’t often a huge difference to novice except I plan on there being a one stride on novice. It is absolutely do able for most horses and riders as the height still isn’t substantial (for most horses—but I only take a horse once they are jumping 2’9” with some 3’ fences at home easily)....but you need to be prepared for it and need to have gone xc schooling a few times.
              ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

Comment

Working...
              X