Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Aiken Saddlery thief.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiken Saddlery thief.

Aiken Saddlery posted a video on their FB page of a lady stealing. She's been identified as Helen Brew. She's since deleted her personal FB page.
    I remember following her over on the UDBB, she use to post about her eventer Sebastian.

https://www.facebook.com/11514901519...890677?sfns=mo

I just saw this video on FB. What a sleaze ball.

Comment

Wonder if she then sold the stuff on Facebook. People are idiots to not think there are cameras everywhere. The horse world is so small. Now everyone is going to know!
      Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Honestly, all the stuff sold on equestrian FB groups "new tags still on" has always made me suspicious. Who goes out buying let's say 6 sets of jumper boots in various sizes that they can't use? I suppose some stuff comes out of liquidations, but I am sure much of it is boosted.

Here in my city, about a decade ago the police shut down a long-running Saturday "garage sale" that was all shoplifted clothing, brand new with tags, and shoplifted to order in some cases. Of course employee theft is the huge one, especially if the employees are involved in inventory control and can smudge their tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post
          Wonder if she then sold the stuff on Facebook. People are idiots to not think there are cameras everywhere. The horse world is so small. Now everyone is going to know!
          It is also amazing how much everyone doesn't know. A known thief continues to get grooming jobs and has a decent online following. Definitely always good to do your research and check references. I am a freelance groom, and no one has ever checked me out, pros and amateurs alike...luckily for them I am squeaky clean but there are definitely others who aren't.

Comment

I remember the subject of the OP, so that tells me it was probably a remembering for the wrong reason. I know one person in my area famous for her sticky fingers and no one would press charges. And she would move along and shaft someone else.
            _\\]
            -- * > hoopoe
            Procrastinate NOW
            Introverted Since 1957

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post
              Honestly, all the stuff sold on equestrian FB groups "new tags still on" has always made me suspicious. Who goes out buying let's say 6 sets of jumper boots in various sizes that they can't use? I suppose some stuff comes out of liquidations, but I am sure much of it is boosted.
              I have some friends that do this as a hobby, and NWT always sells easier than used. A couple friends make a good chunk of change doing this. They scour the clearance at SmartPak etc. I've done it with a few items...and also have found items 9months later I never used & figure they should stop collecting dust. I don't necessarily think it's nefarious in this day and age.

Comment

Her FB photo had a photographer's watermark cropped out when I looked at her page. Class act.

Comment

Oh man, I read her posts for years on the UDBB. That's crazy. I think she was eventing at Prelim?
                  http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Scribbler View Post

Here in my city, about a decade ago the police shut down a long-running Saturday "garage sale" that was all shoplifted clothing, brand new with tags, and shoplifted to order in some cases. Of course employee theft is the huge one, especially if the employees are involved in inventory control and can smudge their tracks.
                    I agree. There's a couple people on a (non-horsey) FB yardsale group I belong to that are like this. Always "New with Tags" or "cut the tags off to try on and can't return it" . One lady claimed that she ordered 10 Victoria's Secret bras, cut the tags off all, washed them, and THEN decided to try them on. Uh, no. We all know you stole the bras, lady!

Comment

Looks like Aiken Saddlery has taken the video down.

Comment

I love how some people in the comments on the video were insinuating that calling this woman out was in some way an act of bullying.

No. Sometimes, you have to own up to your own stupidity. She chose to steal, and got caught. The resulting public backlash is her own creation.

Hope she ends up in jail.

Comment

Locally, there was someone who started a blanket cleaning business. They never returned the blankets, sold them. I wish people had contacted the authorities because this person continues on as a trainer. It's anazing to me how many frauds are in the equine industry in some way/shape/form and they continue to operate. Now that social media is up you can see some of the drama but it's useless & taken down unless people report items as stolen etc. which is often a hassle people don't want to do - and at that point it's he said she said. Hopefully this woman gets caught. Really rotten.

Comment

Originally posted by LovieBird View Post
                            Looks like Aiken Saddlery has taken the video down.
                            As so they should have. They put it up just to ask for help in identifying her. They did and now there is a warrant for her arrest. IMO, Aiken Saddlery needs to let law enforcement pick it up from here. It's not their place to mete out punishment and defamation for someone on FB.
                            The armchair saddler
                            Politically Pro-Cat

Comment

Meh, I heard of someone stealing from the tack tents at Kentucky a few years ago.

And of someone running a tack store and not actually ordering things people bought.

People like that should be put on blast.
                              http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yup unfortunately it happens more than you think.
                                Jacobson's Saddlery, LLC
                                www.thesaddlefits.com
                                Society of Master Saddlers Qualified Fitter

Comment

Originally posted by enjoytheride View Post
                                  People like that should be put on blast.
                                  I get why they took it down (it seems more professional).
                                  But I have to agree with the thought that keeping the information out there is best for everyone else in the long run.
                                  You (general) might have a chance of realizing that person you are thinking of hiring has a history of stealing or such.

Comment

Originally posted by trubandloki View Post

I get why they took it down (it seems more professional).
                                    But I have to agree with the thought that keeping the information out there is best for everyone else in the long run.
                                    You (general) might have a chance of realizing that person you are thinking of hiring has a history of stealing or such.
                                    Um... maybe but IMO, no.

If the purpose of sharing the video to identify the individual, then should, as it sounds like it was, taken down once the person was identified.

Since this sounds like an impending criminal case (arrest warrant issued), this individual is entitled to the same thing we all are, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Maybe yes, you want a heads up that someone is a sleaze ball. In a video, you only know what you see, the person in the video can't defend their actions and for all you know (not saying this is what happened in this case), the video has been altered.
                                    Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

At least one of the commenters posted the alleged thief's contact info. More than one called for fairly heinous punishments. If folks could put aside their mob mentality/need to be a judgey pants, the interwebs would be a much better place. I'm glad Aiken Saddlery posted the video. I'm even more glad they took it down when they did.
                                      Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Comment

I agree with Where'sMyWhite and Jen-s. Good on Aiken Saddlery for using the video to get the person identified and then letting law enforcement, rather than the internet mob, deal with the situation.

Comment

Working...
                                        X