Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

Backyard3
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Badminton Entries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the most interesting comments I heard about the course this year (on the livestream, I think, and I'm paraphrasing) is that there were very few "arena fences," meaning any questions on flat ground that could be set up in the arena at home and schooled ahead of time. Interesting way to define real cross country questions. The other really interesting thing to speculate about is the higher number of horse falls there might have been on course without the MIMs clips. It really seems that they helped to make the day.

Comment

• Sorry. Meant Wiggy. Too many "iggy's" lol

Comment

• that is OK. I Sure do remember twiggy! she is probably old enough to be WFP's mom! don't know anything about
        'wiggy'!
        Another killer of threads

Comment

• Did anyone pay attention to Tim Price's first ride on Bango? They recapped his ride on their website, but watching the live stream was amazing - he knew it wasn't gonna happen and dialed it way back to give the horse the schooling ride he needed before retiring. I thought it was an amazing show of horsemanship.

Comment

• I wish they had asked him if it were a tack malfunction on bango. Bango was off the the races and had no halt in him.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Larksmom View Post
              that is OK. I Sure do remember twiggy! she is probably old enough to be WFP's mom! don't know anything about
              'wiggy'!
              https://www.britisheventing.com/abou...holson/results

Wiggy's (Candida) Competition record.
              ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Thanks, Equibrit. I got a good laugh out of twiggy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Equibrit View Post

https://www.britisheventing.com/abou...holson/results

Wiggy's (Candida) Competition record.
                  I thought maybe you all were talking about Iggy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQvUBf5l7Vw
                  Yvonne Lucas
                  Red Moon Farm
                  redmoonfarm.com

"Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect." - Jim Wofford

"Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant." - Jim Wofford

Comment

• goodmorning - WR & JC no longer together. He was broken!!!

Comment

• OK, I am still half asleep, but WR and JC? Who dat?

Comment

• Larksmom Come on keep up lol!
                        Waylon & Jenny

Comment

• Original Poster

Sorry - I always think anybody called Waylon should be singing about his broken heart and his dog.
                          ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

• Originally posted by Equibrit View Post
                            Sorry - I always think anybody called Waylon should be singing about his broken heart and his dog.
                            Get him drunk enough...he probably would! I actually think it is a good name. Nice guy and nice rider....I’m sure he will be just fine. I personally hate all the “drama” and honestly it was a number one reason I wanted a job outside of the horse world. The real world is small enough....the horse world is microscopic!
                            ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

Comment

• My dog is named Waylon.
                              "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
                              Thread killer Extraordinaire

Comment

• Originally posted by goodmorning View Post
                                I wish they had asked him if it were a tack malfunction on bango. Bango was off the the races and had no halt in him.
                                According to the recap on their website, written by Jacky Green, Bango just bolted. I was really shocked, because Bango handled all the excitement at the trot-up just fine (when Tim waved down a loose horse), and when Tim won Burghley last year on Ringwood Sky Boy, he rode Bango back into the ring for the award ceremony because he's the calmer one. Here's Jacky's account---and by the way, her reports are usually hysterical.

"Uno [Bango] looked normal, behaved normal and then as Tim saw a forward one at the big ditch and brush at Fence 2 he took it with his customary scope and then bolted! All of a sudden Tim is pretty much out of control on track and that is not a nice place to be. “The fences will back him off” said someone knowledgeably in the tent but we knew better…. Uno has 6 star scope!

"Uno can run off with his head high, or when Tim anchors him, put his chin on his chest and still run off. Tim managed him as far as the bogey coffin when he jumped in, ballooned the ditch and never really got his eye on the angled log on the right hand side side for a drive past and 20 on his card.

"As only Tim can, and on only a horse like Uno you can do, Tim decided that instead of the walk of shame home accompanied by the Beaufort Hunt outrider, he would school round the course as far as the bottom of the lake so he could trot back to the stables. I have never, ever, seen anyone school round Badminton but Tim put Uno in a hand canter ( which is his safe place) and popped the fences until he got to the bottom of the lake where he splashed thorough, went past the triple bar and then did a few trot circles in front of the house before walking back to the yard.

"Uno now thinks that the lake at Badminton is easier than a BE 90 and finished full of confidence. He also cannot understand why every other finisher is so tired tonight! Tim has lots of bit options and plenty of plans so its onwards and upwards and no harm done to horse or rider."

Comment

• Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Bango. He was completely unflustered being charged at by a very excited horse at the jog, but from what I saw on the livestream (and based on the commentary) he was getting very strong cross-country, although I didn't see him bolt.

Horses will be horses...
                                  Check out my latest novel, Pride, Prejudice, and Personal Statements!

Comment

Working...
                                  X