Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_1001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Best riding tights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best riding tights

OK gang, what are the most comfy and flattering riding tights out there?

I don't want: belt loops, zippers, shiny or thin materials.
    I do want: supportive, average rise, mid-weight and comfy.

Something that does not show every lump. Prefer silicone knee patch, silicone full seats are a bit too grippy for me. Ideally $100 or less. I've tried the Smartpak piper silicone tights but they are thin and slightly shiny-- meh at best for me. I also already have the kerrits icefil for super hot summer days, but they do show some lumps bc they are thin and don;t have that nice compression feeling. What others are out there that folks love?

Please help this late 30's, size 10-12, comfort-seeking, lump-avoiding gal out.

Noble Outfitters Balance Riding Tight. I got a pair on sale this past summer and wish I'd bought 4 more pairs. By the time I decided I wanted more, they were no longer on sale. Personally I'm not sure I'd pay $80 (full price) for a riding tight, but if I were going to, it would be these. I'm 5'10", size 8, and the Mediums fit me well. The fabric is supportive without causing me to break a sweat just pulling them on, they're flattering (I think they have a bit of a bum lift effect...), cool (I live in FL), and seem durable so far--more durable than the few other types of riding tights I've had. Plus they have a large thigh pocket. I think there's a 5-pocket version too, maybe with silicone knee patches.
    Custom and semi-custom washable wool felt saddle pads!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/PellMellFeltPads

Comment

I was gifted a pair of Kerrits tights, and while they may be the MOST comfy and flattering stretchy pants I own (and I LOVE stretchy pants), I find they are super slippery in the saddle and I find myself having to constantly readjust my position. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
        Noble Outfitters Balance Riding Tight. I got a pair on sale this past summer and wish I'd bought 4 more pairs. By the time I decided I wanted more, they were no longer on sale. Personally I'm not sure I'd pay $80 (full price) for a riding tight, but if I were going to, it would be these. I'm 5'10", size 8, and the Mediums fit me well. The fabric is supportive without causing me to break a sweat just pulling them on, they're flattering (I think they have a bit of a bum lift effect...), cool (I live in FL), and seem durable so far--more durable than the few other types of riding tights I've had. Plus they have a large thigh pocket. I think there's a 5-pocket version too, maybe with silicone knee patches.
        I second these. They do have belt loops, but definitely don't need a belt. The thick waistband/high waist is SO flattering. I am waiting for the next sale to buy 5 more!

Comment

• Original Poster

Two votes for the noble outfitters --I will def scope them out. The Kerrits Flo-rise tights DO look comfy but I did wonder about the slip factor. A little slip is fine but a lot of slip is no bueno for this ammy. Any others? Has anyone tried the Aztec equestrian performance tights? I saw those in my google searches.

Comment

My favorites are Irideon, but I like their full seats. These: https://www.smartpakequine.com/pt/ir...at-tight-16182

(I just got a pair of their 'Synergy' knee patch tights and they are cut *way* slimmer.)
            --
            Wendy
            ... and Patrick

Comment

I feel like buying riding tights and breeches is far more challenging than it should be. I have sent so many pairs back this year. Tights especially - I am firmly in between a small and medium in both Irideon and Kerrits, where I can't breathe in the small but the medium is gaping. I'm giving up and buying a pair of non-riding leggings on sale for the super-hot days where the thought of my Pipers makes me sweat...

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Natalie A View Post
                I feel like buying riding tights and breeches is far more challenging than it should be. I have sent so many pairs back this year. Tights especially - I am firmly in between a small and medium in both Irideon and Kerrits, where I can't breathe in the small but the medium is gaping. I'm giving up and buying a pair of non-riding leggings on sale for the super-hot days where the thought of my Pipers makes me sweat...
                Right?! I mean the running industry, Lulumon, Athletica, etc has it down...and jeggings are a HUGE thing...why are there so few quality options for equestrians? I would go the buy the regular legging route but the pain from the seams... :/

Comment

They don't have the silicone knee patch, but I really like Horseware's riding tight. They have large thigh pockets and large vents, which are lifesavers in the Louisiana heat. Even better, they're inauspicious enough that I've worn them to work and the grocery store without people even noticing..

Comment

Originally posted by juliep View Post

Right?! I mean the running industry, Lulumon, Athletica, etc has it down...and jeggings are a HUGE thing...why are there so few quality options for equestrians? I would go the buy the regular legging route but the pain from the seams... :/
                    I was going to suggest Lululemon! I wear mine all the time to flat/hack. Way more comfortable and flattering than any riding tight, and I find them more comfy than breeches, too. The seams are flat, so they aren't poking you anywhere. Haven't jumped in them, but honestly doubt I'd notice a difference - and this is coming from someone that likes a full seat breech :-)

Comment

I've switched over almost exclusively to riding in my workout leggings. They are cheaper, more comfortable, higher rise, and last longer than most breeches. I've never had a problem with the seams causing pain. I don't like Lululemon at all- high price and their quality isn't at all what it was before. Some of my favorites are Workout Empire and IAB MFG. Both companies usually have really good sales and discount coupons. Stronger is another brand I like, although I don't find their leggings *quite* as squat proof.
                      Last edited by weixiao; Jan. 25, 2019, 07:22 AM. Reason: ETA I jump in mine all the time too and I have a tan pair Id show in

Comment

Originally posted by Potato View Post

I second these. They do have belt loops, but definitely don't need a belt. The thick waistband/high waist is SO flattering. I am waiting for the next sale to buy 5 more!
                        Adding my vote for the Noble Outfitters. Love them. I've just never been a fan of Kerrits tights even though other people love them.

Comment

Another vote for Noble outfitters, I like the balance tights better than the 5 pocket ones, so flattering and very well made.
                          Also not slippery at all.

Comment

• Original Poster

OK -- going to bite the bullet and order a pair of the noble outfitters. I'm a fan of wide waistbands and really anything that supports and tucks me in a bit here and there. I will report back and if those don't work, I may try the lululemon tights for versatility's sake. Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions!

Comment

I'm sitting here in a pair of Kerrit's fleece tights...only complaint is that they are just cut a bit too low in back; may try Noble Outfitters next since so many like. them here. I often do my runs in the Kerrits and thus justify the cost. On the other hand, I've thought about trying my regular tights for riding...may do that now.
                              ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Comment

juliep If you need a size L (not sure if you're a M or L in their sizing?) and haven't bought them full-price already: https://www.horseloverz.com/english-...-riding-tights

ETA: looks like that site has some other colors on sale as well (in multiple sizes) in the regular Balance Tights as well if you don't like the 5 pocket design.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Cbonadeo View Post
                                  juliep If you need a size L (not sure if you're a M or L in their sizing?) and haven't bought them full-price already: https://www.horseloverz.com/english-...-riding-tights

ETA: looks like that site has some other colors on sale as well (in multiple sizes) in the regular Balance Tights as well if you don't like the 5 pocket design.
                                  Thanks, Cbonadeo ! That price is great.

Comment

goode rider for sure. they have a bit of thicker material compared to most riding tights (evens out everything!) and suck you in nicely. they also have silicone patches. they're the closest thing i've come to a riding tight that feels like a quality legging. the only complain i have it the inseam is pretty long but if you're short, you could have them hemmed.

Comment

Sticky Seat tights are great. I just bought a pair of their winter (PolarFleece) tights, and they're great.
                                      "The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions." --Dostoevsky

Comment

Tropical rider and buckwild

Comment

Working...
                                        X