Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

BHCH10
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Badminton loses title sponsor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badminton loses title sponsor

https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news...sorship-667658

The classic 4*s are showing the effect of FEI meddling--IMO. Eventing at that level isn't as attractive as it used to be for high dollar support.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Wow, didn't see that one coming.
    Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by vineyridge View Post
        [The classic 4*s are showing the effect of FEI meddling--IMO. Eventing at that level isn't as attractive as it used to be for high dollar support.
        But, are these big name/dollar sponsors dropping support because of FEI meddling or because these events, as many other sports, are slowly loosing spectators/fans or the demographics of spectators/fans is changing and no longer matches the desired demographics.

I watch another sport having to do nothing with horses (at least of the 4-legged variety) and over the last few years, major title sponsors at different levels and at different venues have changed and no FEI involved at all.
        Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

Huh, well, we could always bring back Whitbread!
          Originally posted by PeanutButterPony
          you can shackle your pony to a lawn chair at the show...so long as its in a conservative color.

Comment

• Original Poster

Rolex has switched to supporting show jumping almost exclusively. The Grand Slam contract expires etiher next year or the year after, and my prediction is that it won't be renewed. Heck, even the FEI has dropped eventing from FEI TV. (See Pippa Cuckson's articles on Horse Canada.) Longine's doesn't support eventing much, if at all.

Eventing was going great guns before the Great Recession and has never fully recovered, while the other Olympic disciplines seem to be doing as well as before 2008. The next Great Recession will probably kill eventing with the FEI's help.

I've read that Badminton is the single biggest sports event in the UK as far as spectators go. And many of them are affluent and would buy Mitsubishi pick-ups since European manufacturers don't produce and sell pick-ups in Europe. That is, if they wanted pick-ups.

Maybe Mitsubishi was freaked by the FEI "other requirements" for the 5* events.
            "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
            Thread killer Extraordinaire

Comment

The article states 2018 was record breaking with over 185,000 people attending.
              Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

As happens in any business, things change. A new person arrived as top man at Mitsubishi UK early this year and he has different ideas from his predecessor. Thanks to them for all those years of support.

However, senior management at SsangYong UK was previously in Mitsubishi UK and the brand is now the main sponsor for Blenheim Palace Horse Trials, extended another 5 years this year. SsangYong seems to be steadily building up a portfolio of equestrian sponsorship around the country, which suggests eventing is seen as a good target market for their vehicles.

British Eventing (BE) is generally in a good place and is working hard to promote the sport with sponsors. Both Badminton and Burghley are amongst the top 10 annual sports events in the UK .

https://www.britisheventing.com/libr...compressed.pdf
                Last edited by Willesdon; Oct. 12, 2018, 04:45 PM. Reason: clarity
                "Good young horses are bred, but good advanced horses are trained" Sam Griffiths

Comment

Originally posted by Where'sMyWhite View Post

But, are these big name/dollar sponsors dropping support because of FEI meddling or because these events, as many other sports, are slowly loosing spectators/fans or the demographics of spectators/fans is changing and no longer matches the desired demographics.
                  I believe the loss is actually more to do with the company direction. They are no longer putting the Shogun which is their big 4x4 into the uk which will tow 3.5t. Instead they are concentrating on urban market and SUV. Bigger market....

Whoever mentioned Whitbread - they changed tact years ago sold most of their breweries and traditional pubs and have a massive coffee and food empire. Coffee makes more money! I dont think badminton would be their target audience.

Badminton is badminton, doesnt matter what the FEI does.....
                  The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsgame View Post

I believe the loss is actually more to do with the company direction. They are no longer putting the Shogun which is their big 4x4 into the uk which will tow 3.5t. Instead they are concentrating on urban market and SUV. Bigger market....

Whoever mentioned Whitbread - they changed tact years ago sold most of their breweries and traditional pubs and have a massive coffee and food empire. Coffee makes more money! I dont think badminton would be their target audience.

Badminton is badminton, doesnt matter what the FEI does.....
                    Exactly right!!

Comment

That was kinda where I was going with my question. Rather than assuming Mitsubishi was bailing because of FEI wanting to get a feel for a more 'accurate' picture of why Mitsubishi is taking a different direction with their sponsorship.

What both of you said makes sense. I was making a bit of a leap on why which appears my guess was partly wrong (different reason) but still "correct" that FEI wasn't the driver.

Been watching NASCAR for many, many years and their title sponsors, both for the different levels of competition as well as different teams constantly change having nothing to do with the governing body.
                      Maybe the reason I love animals so much is because the only time they have broken my heart is when they've crossed that rainbow bridge

Comment

Working...
                      X