Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

IMG_1001
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Does Ride On Video come to any Area 2 events anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Ride On Video come to any Area 2 events anymore?

I have several videos done by them from about 10 years ago (mostly x-country, but one show jump video), and I know they are still operating on the West Coast, but haven't noticed them at any Area 2 HTs for quite some time.

They do good work, but are definitely on the pricey side (and not everyone is going to spring for an $85 video of themselves cantering around a LL course), however, there is definitely a need and a market; I'm wondering whether they were unable to make a profit due to too few customers in the area? or for some other reason.

Has anyone used them lately in other parts of the country?
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

You can view all their videos and see where they have been recently here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rideonvideo/ . There are a ton of videos to sort through, but recently it looks like they've done AEC and some VI events. You can also go to their website and click on the menu (three bars in the left hand corner) and it lists all recent events.

Comment

Ride on video is awesome. I think it is a great deal at $150 for all three phases (they do an excellent job and are very timely). However, they are based out of southern California. They will go up to area VII, including Rebecca farm. They got to do the AEC's this year, being that it was in Colorado. Sometimes they will go to Flagstaff, AZ to do the Coconino ht, but it is very difficult to do because of Rebecca farms. I doubt they will go east, because they have an excellent base on the west coast.
      http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/p...r/DSC_1428.jpg

Comment

• Original Poster

"It's supposed to be hard...the hard is what makes it great!" (Jimmy Dugan, "A League of Their Own")

Comment

They are awesome! And it's worth every penny. Debi told me at Rebecca that they only do big events west of the Mississippi. I don't know if they used to go east, but they don't currently.

Comment

• Original Poster

Well, I found out who used to do the videos locally; it's RNSvideo.

Unfortunately they aren't anywhere near NoVa or MD - this is their schedule:

http://rnsvideomedia.com/?page_id=87

They ARE doing the VAHT in November, but that's about it for our Area 2 events...

Comment

Video by Patrick does some of the MD ones--Waredaca, Seneca, etc.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by Beam Me Up View Post
                Video by Patrick does some of the MD ones--Waredaca, Seneca, etc.
                Does he ever do Loch Moy?

Comment

Working...
                X