• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Haddad and Winyamaro in Berlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haddad and Winyamaro in Berlin

Catherine Haddad has riden a young Grand Prix horse on a high placing in Berlin on the weekend. He is Winyamaro, bei Walt Disney and is nine year old. We are very happy to see freestyles from Mrs. Haddad!

Hier is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVE0cq1zqWI

thank you for posting this. What a TALENTED horse!!!!!

Comment

Really fun music, thanks for sharing!
      Ellie and Werther Blog

Comment

Love his markings, love her brown coat and tack. Nice horse, nice riding.

Comment

There is also a great video of her training Winyamaro on dressagetrainingonline.com

VERY fun to watch!

Comment

Cute horse. Love the brown shad.

But -- (and please excuse the railbird sniping here) -- I love CH. She's really grown as a rider... but what the heck is going on with her position and aids? The yanking in the piaffe and the exaggerated leg aids really drove me to distraction. And would somebody please tell her to move her spur up to its proper position? Then maybe she won't need to move her whole leg to use it. Gosh, I'm sorry, but I thought, in this particular video, she looked like she needed a lunge lesson.

Perhaps its a very tough horse?

Comment

Very green GP horse, grosser aids. Theoretically, those will become more refined as the horse is stronger and better tuned.

Your question does make me wonder about the new breed of 9 year old GP horses. Clearly, there can't be a level a year to develop the horse. So, the horse can't really know the movements or have them assimilated into his muscle memory (this horse looks like a 9 year old GP horse, not very developed muscle wise). So, the rider has to really help carry the horse. In this case, I thought she over-rode some of the piaffes, and the lifting was maybe not as helpful as it was distracting.

Comment

• Original Poster

15-9-15

Mrs Haddad rides on a 9 year horse. She presents 15 one time change, 9 two time change ON A BENDED LINE, 15 one time change. She do not make a mistake! The changes are straight and very forwards. Who can make this on so a younger horse??? Let her move her legs! She can ride.

Comment

Originally posted by magdelene View Post
                  Mrs Haddad rides on a 9 year horse. She presents 15 one time change, 9 two time change ON A BENDED LINE, 15 one time change. She do not make a mistake! The changes are straight and very forwards. Who can make this on so a younger horse??? Let her move her legs! She can ride.
                  Agree. But I'm sure Steffen and Ravel could have.
                  “Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”

Comment

great ride, super-cute horse.

But I must admit, I don't care for the music. It's loud and clutzy. It sounds like traffic noise at a busy intersection. Maybe it's just that they play it so loud, but I felt my heart rate go up.

I wonder if it doesn't just add to the stress level of the horse to have to listen to that ruckus...

Comment

Magdelene , what is your connection with "Mrs" Haddad?

I notice most of your posts are about her.

Comment

"the new breed of 9 year old GP horses"

Reiner Klimke brought all his 'old' breed of GP horses out at 7 1/2 or so. This is nothing new, in fact, 9 is usually a horse that's been showing at GP for two years. I think Haddad actually has a slower schedule than many.

And I don't actually think Haddad looks like such a slob. It's a horse that is starting showing at this level. What you see in the ring at this point, is really someone schooling their horse at the show, and it is always this way. There is nothing unusual about Haddad's ride.

A green GP horse is just as green at his level as a training level horse is when he starts showing training level. There's no difference.

The horse is very relaxed, loose and has huge movement. Haddad gives clear, straightforward aids the horse cannot mistake. This helps to build his confidence. He doesn't have to be confused about what he's supposed to do. I don't think he is as strong as he will be; every GP horse has some area that will develop more. How people do this...it's intriguing.

The incredible thing about seeing the horses when they begin at this level, is watching them develop. It is just fascinating.

These horses come out at this level to get used to the test and to competing and producing this test. This is a necessity. One can't just stay at home and school, the horse needs to get used to producing this test at a show, and it takes a lot of time. The judges appear to be VERY familiar with this and they seem to know what to expect and how to score it.

They develop over time, we see (if we watch) things changing, muscles getting stronger, horses getting better schooled, being ridden with lighter and more invisible aids - honestly I can't think of anything that is more educational and a better experience.

The most fascinating thing is that things change so quickly. You don't see the horse for three months, already the trainer has changed so much and you get to see it evolve, and it's an object lesson in training your own horse. I love it.

Comment

This video brings up an interesting debate. Personally I think she is a lovely rider and seems sympathetic to her horse, but, with STIRRUPS THAT LONG (she couldn't lower her heel if she tried) your seatbones are really carrying all your weight, and you have no 'spring' to help your horse carry you. On the other hand, of course the SRS doesn't ride with stirrups at all . . . opinions ?
                          "Capture the horse's confidence to obtain his consent." -General L'Hotte

Comment

That is incorrect. In fact it's very incorrect. The Spanish Riding School riders ride with stirrups. Look at their performances sometime. Look at them training horses daily. Stirrups, stirrups, stirrups. Feet IN stirrups.

How do these statements such as in the previous post get started and gain credence when their logic is based on incorrect information?

The only ones riding in performance/training with out stirrups are doing the school jumps where the horse leaps in the air; this is traditional. The stirrups are removed so they can't brace in the stirrups as the horse leaps. It is felt this would throw the horse off balance, and yes, quiet honestly, despite the given reason, they do get tossed around a bit doing those school jumps without stirrups.

The only exception is the eleves who receive a period of instruction riding on the longe line without stirrups or reins. Also tradition. And perhaps student might occasionally be instructed to drop his stirrups while riding later, with reins, as an exercise to deepen his seat. The goal and the norm is to ride there with stirrups.

As for 'she couldn't get her heel down if she tried', this is not Hunt Seat, where the Gods are petitioned daily to help one find a way to get one's heels lower, and a great many people think that at every second a dressage rider should be immobile, even when riding a green, distracted, strong young horse at his first couple GP tests, which is just not realistic. Further, it is just some people's style all the time, to use their lower leg fairly obviously to get the tempe changes. It helps horses to have obvious aids and helps them focus. The most crucial thing is to get all the changes, and if I felt my horse's attention drifting away to the lovely fat mare walking away from the ring, I'd be doing same. And a youngster's attention is ALWAYS drifting away. The leg is NOT pressed on the side, but merely moved, and it helps some horses to be ridden that way.

I think it's very ironic to complain about how Catherine Haddad rides. She rides better than anyone else here, and she rides better than most of the other riders in the entire world, except for a handful of people and she is grimly and meticulously with her typical thoroughness, whittling down that handful every time she unloads a horse at a show. I think that's a fairly decent achievement. Might also be interesting to consider that there are no fellow competitors at her level criticizing her. Instead, they're laying awake nights trying to figure out how the hell to beat her.

Comment

Nicely written SLC
                              “Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free til they find someone just as wild to run with them.”

Comment

Good for Catherine
                                Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

Comment

It's going to be a very, very interesting year.

Comment

Originally posted by slc2 View Post
                                    It's going to be a very, very interesting year.
                                    Why?

Comment

This is a great ride - thanks for posting it! Don't forget that Catherine is riding on a postage-stamp of a saddle. She's in the saddle completely on balance and not knee rolls or "sticky"/"cushy" leather. She has a very educated seat and leg. You just see it more in her tack.

I also love the brown coat. Nice!
                                      Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Comment

Saddle

Originally posted by J-Lu View Post
                                        This is a great ride - thanks for posting it! Don't forget that Catherine is riding on a postage-stamp of a saddle. She's in the saddle completely on balance and not knee rolls or "sticky"/"cushy" leather. She has a very educated seat and leg. You just see it more in her tack.

I also love the brown coat. Nice!
                                        What kind of saddle is she riding in? After watching the video and really looking at the saddle, you're right. There is NOTHING to it. I would fall off riding a horse like that without my knee rolls and thigh blocks...

She is really amazing to me... Go Catherine!
                                        Lori
                                        Fly Teddy Fly!
                                        Connemara's Rock!
                                        RIP Reilly Go Bragh

Comment

Working...
                                        X