• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Incredible incredible horse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Gawd,
    How can anyone disect this amazing creature?

all around - hello??? Your posting on a dressage forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those that like him probably dont give a rats buttooie if he'd hack out.

But I will bet my bottom dollar that he does.

Comment

i haven't been on any 3 yr olds of this calibre, but did ride a lesser sort of 3 yr old of similar breeding, but not same quality, around at a big show in the warmup area a couple weeks ago.

shocking, really, the difference that carefully selected temperament can make in how readily a 3 year old accustoms himself to a show area. shocking. he just puffed himself up and said 'well, look at me!' and did his thing. not a nervous bone in his body.

of course, it makes a big difference who is riding the 3 year old, too, and who starts him. an experienced rider with years of show experience and years of experience with this sort of horse inspires a horse and calms him, and correct aids and retaining the attention of the animal make a huge difference in how they behave at these things.

of course the girl who had trained the one i tried, is a former YR now very quickly establishing herself in the top shows in the usa, and it was nothing for her to bring a 3 year old to a show. she's been doing it for a very long time. these people are very good at what they do.
      Last edited by slc2; Nov. 29, 2006, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katarine View Post
        IThose of you bothering to converse with Too Simple, save your breath. She would argue that Miller Lite and CheezWhiz is far superior to champagne and caviar, if only because she just got a good deal on the former, at Costco.
        Yeah, and what good is White Star and caviar if you can't pack it on a trail ride?

Two Simp and Daydream ... I'm all for versatility. I have a horse who won under saddle breed classes, halter classes, did great at our first dressage show AND trail rides like a champ. But he isn't a stallion quality WB with gaits like that.

The horse is a heart-stopping mover and looks to have a good mind, besides. Can't you just appreciate him for that?

Comment

in the trot he steps to the outside of his track with his outside hind.
          Lengthen will be hard for him if he is not completely straight.

HAHAHAHHAAA!

freakin amazing. Perfect breeding and a little help from God.

and anyway...why would you want to WASTE a horse like this on trail rides???

Boy I bet he can JUMP! Holly Cows!
          http://kaboomeventing.com/
          http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
          Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Comment

And if he does all that at THREE, just exactly how long has been working under saddle, and how long will he stay sound?? Or is that why dressage horses commonly receive hock injections as part of normal and customary care?
            gee, I had no idea that dressage horse were commonly getting hock injections.
            Humans don’t mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. –Sebastian Junger

Comment

Bogey, don't feed the troll!

Comment

Geez guys... I don't particularly agree with Two Simple's thoughts, but can't we disagree like a bunch of adults?

I mean really, with the nasty comments, some of you might as well be calling her a no-nothing-redneck-Arab-owning-trail-rider.

Are the parallels to Miller Light and Costco really relevant or necessary?

It reeks of the same elitist snobbery that chases so many people off this board. I agree he's beautiful, but do we have to go to the "if you disagree, you clearly know NOTHING" argument? I thought I left that behind in 7th grade.

Comment

Well, for me personally, I like a nice all round horse that's safe on the trails and will pack my kids around the ring on the odd occasion when they feel like getting on a horse.

But it really is totally irrelevant whether this horse could/would be able to do that job, because there are millions of nice, quiet trail horses out there, and only a handful of absolutely top level competitive dressage horses. Which means that nice quiet trail horses are relatively cheap, and horses like this are unaffordable for ordinary mortals anyhow, so it's not like there's any chance whatsoever of some amateur snapping up this boy and turning him into a trail horse!

I will never own a horse like this, I will never even sit on a horse like this, and at my age I feel no particular desire to.

But I hope I never get so old and bored that I can't look at a horse like this and feel my heart beat a bit faster, and feel a tingle down my spine. Horses like this are like a piece of sculpture by Michelangelo - you don't have to have it sitting in your living room in order to appreciate it and feel the world is a better place for its very existence.

You don't have to ride a horse like this to be thrilled by its presence.

Comment

Originally posted by mp View Post
                    Two Simp and Daydream ... I'm all for versatility. I have a horse who won under saddle breed classes, halter classes, did great at our first dressage show AND trail rides like a champ. But he isn't a stallion quality WB with gaits like that.

The horse is a heart-stopping mover and looks to have a good mind, besides. Can't you just appreciate him for that?
                    I give up. Please go back and read what I wrote carefully. I did appreciate him for his movement, his talent, and his looks but I only said he wasn't for me. OK???? Did I say one thing about his mind anywhere? NO!

I will publically say for everyone to read so you all will let it go...and quit harping that someone dared to express an opinion other than one you agree with.

I AM SORRY I OFFERED ANY CRITICISM OR NEGATIVE COMMENTARY WHATSOEVER OF THIS PHENOMINAL EXAMPLE OF A WARMBLOOD!!! HE IS PERFECT, WONDERFUL, ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT FLAW, AND WE SHOULD ALL DROOL MINDLESSLY OVER HIS PERFECTION WITHOUT SUGGESTING THAT HE MIGHT NOT BE THE HORSE OF OUR DREAMS.

Now...can you all please just respect someone's right to have a different opinion and state it once in a while?

Comment

WHAT????????????

Originally posted by Two Simple
                      Really? Hmm.

Even though he is unproven? Even though there are no other offspring to compare to? How do you know his genetic prepotence? Are you certain he will pass on big elastic gaits to his offspring? Not all do you know. Are you certain that he will complement your mare's weaknesses? How do you know what traits he will throw and which he won't?

This is exactly how so many babies end up on auction blocks and standing in back yards in knee deep mud with halter scars.

Everybody says "OOoooooooh!! Preeeeeeeeeeeety pony!!!! And he has BALLS! Come on mare, get in the trailer!!"
                      If you have a boy that moves like that....how do you find out what he is going to throw unless he gets babys on the ground??????

That usually takes mares????????

If you are a responsible breeder, like myself, you would pick a mare that would match his type------and look for a stallion that would improve gaits----he got, what a 10 on gaits--my mare got 8's and 9's...that is improvement and near perfection.

I'm sure we wouldn't have a donkey crossing the two.

Did you miss your happy and appriciative pill today? I ALMOST forgot to take mine----- But, luckily for all around me, I did!
                      *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
                      ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

Comment

day dream believer, it looks more like yiou are having a hissy fit because someone didn't agree with YOU than the other way around.

Comment

Oh my. What an gorgeous horse. My ass hurt just watching that trot!

Comment

Originally posted by Horsecrazy27 View Post
                            I'm sure we wouldn't have a donkey crossing the two.
                            Are you kidding? I totally want a mule by this stallion! Don't discriminate against donkeys!
                            "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Comment

I think he's amazing! The rest of the controversy is a bit ...

Two Simple- I can't quite figure it out- Do you ride Dressage? Did you and now you have a great dislike for it? If you don't, what do you do now with you horse(s)? You seem to have a really strong and kind of negative spin on all of the dressage threads...NOT trying to attack- just curious! Sometimes I look at a pic or a video and I just don't see it the way you do at all!
                              http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...nibbystrot.jpg
                              http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...t=IMGP0754.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by caffeinated View Post
                                Are you kidding? I totally want a mule by this stallion! Don't discriminate against donkeys!

LOL That would be a hinny, not a mule. Gotta be donkey sire/mare dam for a mule. I'm told hinnies are more difficult to produce. I assume they use AI these days. Stallions apparently don't particularly care to breed jennies. Friend was looking at some v. nice saddle mules and asked about hinnies and the mule breeder said, "Oh, no, you don't want a hinny" but he didn't elaborate.

Comment

This is an absolutely incredible horse by ANY standard - absolutely incredible. Also very impressive how quiet he seems to be in face of a huge, roaring crowd.

Thanks for posting this video - I've forwarded the link to several friends who I think will appreciate this horse as much as most of us here have.

Comment

Repeat after me - HOCK INJECTIONS.

The horse is bloody 3 years old ferchristsake. THREE. He's doing all this under saddle at 3??? When did they start him? 2? 2 1/2?
                                    Just how long do you think it takes to get a young horse going w/t/c under saddle, anyway? That's all this horse is doing. It's not a year and a half long process...with a competent trainer.

Comment

He is breathtaking. I bet he has a fabulous jump in him also. So so athletic. And I'm no dressage diva, I'm from H/J land.

Comment

Two Simple, I have a news flash for you.

Starting horses at 2 is not a new trend. Back in the days when horses were true beasts of burden, there weren't that many folks who could afford the luxury of waiting until their horse reached the ripe old age of 3 or 4 to start them.
                                        "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Comment

He's doing all this under saddle at 3??? When did they start him? 2? 2 1/2?
                                          You don't know this. A really nice horse (not even nearly the quality of this one!) ridden by a tactful rider can produce these results after a very few number of short rides. I see really nice babies who are basically on the bit WTC after a dozen rides. Good horse + good rider = it happens naturally. It may be hard for you to believe if you've never seen it, but it's true.

Comment

Working...
                                          X