• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Salinero and the Police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salinero and the Police

I just read in HorseIllustrated that Salinero acted up at WEG and the police had to be called to deal with him. Does anyone have pics of this event? Wwere any of you there and can you give a first hand account.

I wasn't there, but apparently he got a little overexcited in the victory gallop and made a bee-line for the exit of the arena at full speed. And, apparently Ms. Van Grunsven had to point him at some mounted police to get him to pull up. So, no, he wasn't exactly arrested ; ).
    Roseknoll Sporthorses
    www.roseknoll.net

Comment

I hear he is in the Big House making license plates.

Comment

I hear he is in the Big House making license plates

I actually saw them hoofcuff him and haul him away
        Humans don’t mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. –Sebastian Junger

Comment

she was not able to control him anymore and he - happy to once got out of control- took of. She was yelling help help. He could only be stopped because the mounted police was getting into their way.
          I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
          www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
          2017: March: Filly by Lissaro - SPS Don Frederico - SPS Prince Thatch
          May: Finnigan - Sandro Hit - SPS Rouletto

Comment

more rollkur snidelikins.

look, people, just about any horse can and has done that. when milton did it, it was cute. get a life.

Comment

yeah, and if YOUR horse spooked, it would be because of the mean DQ with more money than you and friends with the judge, that rattled the gate to scare your darling horse, and somehow YOUR partnership with your horse would be unquestionable.

what a bunch of nonsense. the woman is pregnant, the police are the ones who always stop these horses, they also stopped invasor and plenty of other horses too.

the same has happened to klimke, balkenhol and all the rest of the non rollkurlers. try to get a different hobby. klimke wound up lying on his face in the dirt more than once at a show - you're twisting things. it happens to everyone.

horses are not robots. they occasionally get startled by things - ANY horse, rollkured or not.

look, i don't train my horse that way either, but i DON'T need to gossip about someone and make up ridiculous things about them or twist what happens, in order to select how i want to train my horse. i am able to decide how to train my horse thru my own study without dissing others. try it.

Comment

Ooooo My My....

Originally posted by slc2 View Post
                yeah, and if YOUR horse spooked, it would be because of the mean DQ with more money than you and friends with the judge, that rattled the gate to scare your darling horse, and somehow YOUR partnership with your horse would be unquestionable.

what a bunch of nonsense. the woman is pregnant, the police are the ones who always stop these horses, they also stopped invasor and plenty of other horses too.

the same has happened to klimke, balkenhol and all the rest of the non rollkurlers. try to get a different hobby. klimke wound up lying on his face in the dirt more than once at a show - you're twisting things. it happens to everyone.

horses are not robots. they occasionally get startled by things - ANY horse, rollkured or not.

look, i don't train my horse that way either, but i DON'T need to gossip about someone and make up ridiculous things about them or twist what happens, in order to select how i want to train my horse. i am able to decide how to train my horse thru my own study without dissing others. try it.
                Taking this a little too personal aren't! Just my opinion Darling!!!

Comment

Jeesh, as tho this is something that's never happened in the international arena before! Yeh, the horse took off..... so what! Consider the atmosphere, the stress, the days/hours of confinement required to compete at this level and even the most sensible of horses could and have spooked. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

( I did hear Salinero looked very handsome in the striped suit tho. )
                  "Every little girl wants a pony so why should big girls be any different???"

Comment

is that all you got, sannois, when someone doesn't go along with this malarky? 'taking it too personal'? come on, you can do better than that? why don't you go back to the old standby's like anyone who doesn't agree with you beats their horse?

rumor has it salinero is hangin' with low friends in low places. rumor has it that in the lockup, he was seen conversing with a zebra.

Comment

My word do rumors get out of control!!!

Yeah, I saw the booking photos - front and side - with a number under them. They had him in 4 hoof irons, linked together so he couldn't trot away. They took his hoofprints and put them in the hoofprint computer for all time. He'll never be able to get a job in Grand Prix again with his police record.
                      Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
                      Now apparently completely invisible!

Comment

My horse did much the same sort of thing (though not as elegantly as Salinero, and I'm sure I didn't look as graceful as Anky ) day before yesterday, when he spotted a potentially horse eating cow .

To be honest, I didn't really even for a moment think that this meant we had a crappy partnership - just sort of made a mental note that we must find a way to work on despooking for horse eating cows sometime in the near future.

How to despook for a stadium with 50,000 people screaming and clapping and waving stuff around might be a bit more daunting preposition. Wonder how many of the people filled with righteous indignation at Anky's failure to control her horse under those circumstances would want to ride their mount in that kind of place?

Not that they're likely to ever have to worry about it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sannois
                          But thats just not a pretty picture for an olympian. In fact its just plain strange! Sort of makes me think of the circus elephants when they have finally had enough they go ballistic!

Stuff happens, horses will spook and some of our own riders have been known to change horses for the award ceremony to avoid precisely that issue. If you were at the Olympic try-outs a couple of years ago which had a much smaller crowd you would have seen all sort of spooking after the final halt and during the victory gallops. Some riders abstained altogether from even trying. Some riders, Leslie Morse come to mind showed how strong a rider she can be on her stallion who at one point kept bolting/she stopped -bolting/she stopped it as he tried to run out (she was done with her test) One horse Wallabee kept rearing, full blown on his hind legs rears during the ceremony and the second time around had a man on the ground holding him. Rider sat there with a huge grin on his face. I think the mare called Claire also did some acrobatics. There were a few moments when my heart was in my mouth.

Comment

Touchy-touchy

This exchange of posts answers the question on another thread....

"Why are so many replies mean on the dressage board?"

Comment

One accusation thrown at the top dressage riders is that the jumping horses don't act up. Cobblers. The Horse of the Year Show is on the TV in the UK at the moment and you should have seen the horses who won the class last night in the presentation! Leaping, rearing, spinning. All of them were all over the place.

Horses will be horses. Especially in a big atmosphere. I'm glad Anky wasn't hurt. She must have been frightened to have shouted "help, help!"

Comment

I'm with slc, i don't get all this hate and bashing and just plain ugliness towards other people. I am so sick of it everywhere, not just with horses. Why do so many people have to hate or put down or ridicule one person just because they like another (politics come to mind)?

Comment

Originally posted by saddlesurfer View Post
                                  This exchange of posts answers the question on another thread....

"Why are so many replies mean on the dressage board?"
                                  But this isn't restricted to dressage. Other disciplines are just as bad. People even have to put down a music band because they happen to like another one better (ya know the whole Led Zepplin rocks and Rolling Stones sucks and vice versa, phenomena).

Comment

?

"Wonder how many of the people filled with righteous indignation at Anky's failure to control her horse under those circumstances would want to ride their mount in that kind of place?"

who was filled with righteous indignation???

Comment

I'm glad to see so many fair and reasonable responses to this thread, because Alexandra's post seemed particularly unfair and inappropriate, and I didn't miss the little dig from Sannois either.

There is no winning with some of the people on this board. Some people should simply add a signature line, or whatever it is called, that says "I hate Anky, period, and there is no reasoning with me."

Wonder how many of the people filled with righteous indignation at Anky's failure to control her horse under those circumstances would want to ride their mount in that kind of place?

Not that they're likely to ever have to worry about it.....
                                      LOL, exactly!

Although I'm surprised nobody has yet chimed in to say how their Intro Level QH simply NEVER spooks and would handle crowds NO PROBLEM, and probably halts better than Salinero too (insert eye rolling LOL).
                                      "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." George Burns

Comment

I loved it the last time someone "innocently" started a thread about this same incident, and that OP claimed to be very opposed to rollkur yet did not know who Anky is , then oh-so-passive-aggressively thanked her lucky stars that she knows how to stop a runaway no problem..whilst laughing hysterically of course. Come to think of it then that same OP posted in a Chris Reeve thread that whilst his accident was certainly a fluke, she was oh-so-glad that she knows how to fall off!!! Priceless.
                                        "See I hope to IMPROVE humanity as a whole and yet feel lost on this forum."

Comment

Working...
                                        X