Sport Horse Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FEI breaking news- salinero drug test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEI breaking news- salinero drug test

FEI breaking news- salinero drug test results

negative,

Are you disappointed?
    Last edited by egontoast; Aug. 27, 2008, 08:25 PM.

You are sooooooo bad!

Comment

what???? but he does not halt!!! we still have that right????

do you think the Dutch are saying we drug our horses AND do triple pirouttes?
      Humans don’t mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. –Sebastian Junger

Comment

Originally posted by egontoast View Post
        negative,

Are you disappointed?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogey2 View Post
          do you think the Dutch are saying we drug our horses AND do triple pirouttes?
          Ofcourse we do
          Every time you ride, your are either teaching or un-teaching your horse.

Comment

negative,

Are you disappointed?

LOL no! Why would anyone want her to drug her horse? Sorry, that is the least of her worries I bet. She is married to Sjef! __I'd__ take drugs if he was my hubby! Her horse? Nah, no drugs needed.
            ~Equine Jewelry~
            Used Saddles For Sale
            www.divadesigns.biz

Comment

Eggy, you crack me up

I owe you an e-mail. . .coming soon.

Comment

Dammit, I knew it.

In the end, it all comes down to RIDING. Freaking TALENT. Sheesh.

I mean really, if THAT'S what it's all about, how are we sucky poor amateurs ever going to get there?

InnisFailte Pinto Sporthorses & Coloured Cobs
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bits are like cats, what's one more? (Petstorejunkie)

Comment

Originally posted by pintopiaffe View Post
                  Dammit, I knew it.

In the end, it all comes down to RIDING. Freaking TALENT. Sheesh.

I mean really, if THAT'S what it's all about, how are we sucky poor amateurs ever going to get there?

Depends on just where you want to get!

Comment

Sjief - did anybody else notice that he appeared to be criticising Anky after her ride (the one where he showed up at) and how disappointed/hurt she looked. She didn't say anything, though.
                    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

IJROGAERGA YOU GOT ME !!
                      (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Comment

negative,

Are you disappointed?

eggy you so funny

Comment

yep..i fell for it too!!!!!!!!!
                          www.australiancolouredperformancehorses.com.au

Comment

That was fresh.

Comment

I think Sjeff is always very critical after her rides. He isn't satisfied with Anky's performance most of the time, in the sense that even if she wins by a large margin, he has many things to say that he did not feel were sufficient and he says it very loudly and publicly. If she gets a second place or less, he is much more vocal in his criticism of her. And it is all very public.

There is:
                              1. A long tradition of harsh coaching in ALL sports
                              2. A long tradition of especially harsh coaching in riding in general
                              3. The pressure to win and to excel at the top level, which requires a very peculiar mindset of endless dissatisfaction with one's performance

Coaching a top rider like that isn't like coaching a lower level rider. Most lower level riders would never, could never, withstand the pressure and constant criticism. If a lower level rider was coached that way he'd most likely hop off his horse and indignantly go home.

I think there is a long tradition in dressage of coaches and trainers being very, very demanding and harsh, and pushing the rider very hard, but it's not just dressage, it's also in hunters - chucky waters used to make people get off their horse, get down on the ground and eat dirt if they messed up a jump. And of course people did it - most did, in fact. Which shows you there is something going on between coach and rider that isn't always that easy to explain.

Too there is what my SO calls 'The Dutch Bluntness'. They just tend to choose words a little differently, he says.

Dressage coaching in particular is traditionally very, very demanding and very hard on people. It is very common for coaches to use hyperbole or exaggerate their criticism, 'HE'S NOT TURNING' for the horse that is reacting incompletely or not prompty enough to the aids, etc. The horse may actually be turning, just not as desired. What they say is intended to push the rider to getting a really perfect response, not just an average or partial one.

People also tend to behave very much like their parents or anyone they got a lot of coaching from. I'm now old enough to have seen people teach and also have seen their parents or their mentors teach. There are a lot of the same patterns repeated over generations - an angry dismissive approach to questions, hypercritical even after a win, even ridicule, when you don't understand something or can't do it - that doesn't always work well all the time, even to push a rider to a better performance, it can often backfire - with all types of students, not just the more independent ones further along. People behave like the people they spent a lot of time with - sometimes they know it's a problem and try to control it, but if they're tired or busy it will come out.
                              Last edited by slc2; Aug. 28, 2008, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Poor her. I can't imagine being subjected to all of this BS. Some people are just mean and nasty. And then there are fans who mean well but aren't much of a help either.
                                Froh zu sein bedarf es wenig...
                                http://www.germanhorseconnection.com
                                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Germa...m/237648984580

Comment

• Original Poster

I expect Anky has a better sense of humour than you do, Kareen.

Comment

eggy, blean isn't even an adjective. The Tennessee stud's eyes were green...

Comment

Originally posted by slc2 View Post
                                      I think Sjeff is always very critical after her rides. He isn't satisfied with Anky's performance most of the time, in the sense that even if she wins by a large margin, he has many things to say that he did not feel were sufficient and he says it very loudly and publicly. If she gets a second place or less, he is much more vocal in his criticism of her. And it is all very public.

There is:
                                      1. A long tradition of harsh coaching in ALL sports
                                      2. A long tradition of especially harsh coaching in riding in general
                                      3. The pressure to win and to excel at the top level, which requires a very peculiar mindset of endless dissatisfaction with one's performance

Coaching a top rider like that isn't like coaching a lower level rider. Most lower level riders would never, could never, withstand the pressure and constant criticism. If a lower level rider was coached that way he'd most likely hop off his horse and indignantly go home.

I think there is a long tradition in dressage of coaches and trainers being very, very demanding and harsh, and pushing the rider very hard, but it's not just dressage, it's also in hunters - chucky waters used to make people get off their horse, get down on the ground and eat dirt if they messed up a jump. And of course people did it - most did, in fact. Which shows you there is something going on between coach and rider that isn't always that easy to explain.

Too there is what my SO calls 'The Dutch Bluntness'. They just tend to choose words a little differently, he says.

Dressage coaching in particular is traditionally very, very demanding and very hard on people. It is very common for coaches to use hyperbole or exaggerate their criticism, 'HE'S NOT TURNING' for the horse that is reacting incompletely or not prompty enough to the aids, etc. The horse may actually be turning, just not as desired. What they say is intended to push the rider to getting a really perfect response, not just an average or partial one.

People also tend to behave very much like their parents or anyone they got a lot of coaching from. I'm now old enough to have seen people teach and also have seen their parents or their mentors teach. There are a lot of the same patterns repeated over generations - an angry dismissive approach to questions, hypercritical even after a win, even ridicule, when you don't understand something or can't do it - that doesn't always work well all the time, even to push a rider to a better performance, it can often backfire - with all types of students, not just the more independent ones further along. People behave like the people they spent a lot of time with - sometimes they know it's a problem and try to control it, but if they're tired or busy it will come out.

^^threadkiller^^

Comment

• Original Poster

The Tennessee stud's eyes were green...

Nope, they were "BLEAN" according to slickopedia.

Comment

Working...
                                        X