• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 1/26/16)
See more
See less

Borne saddles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Borne saddles

    Likes or dislikes?

  • #2
    LOVE - quality, durability, details, totally custom, GREAT customer service with the fitters/reps/owner, one master saddler who makes each one, completely adjustable. The leather is just.. oh I LOVE it. Best purchase Ive made. I have the Borne Contour Open Seat.
    ~~~~~~~~~

    Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

    Comment


    • #3
      Beautiful, well-made saddles that fit wonderfully. However we have had a problem at our barn with it taking a LONG time to get orders in. One person waited 6 months for a custom Borne while her horse's back was getting more and more sore. Just seems to be a bit of a pattern in our case.
      "Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle,
      but put me in summer and I'll be a... happy snowman!!!"

      Trolls be trollin'! -DH

      Comment


      • #4
        AT a friend's barn, new fitter talked everyone into getting one. Then they sold them all on the idea of getting the Mattes shim pads so that they would actually fit the horses. One of the saddles came with the skirt on backward and the new fitter and owner of that one didn't even notice (rode in it for six months!) until the "master fitter" pointed it out. Needless to say, I was not impressed.

        Comment

        • Original Poster

          #5
          Thanks for the input! I am riding in one right now and several of the horses very much like them, 6 mos. is a long time to wait though!
          As far as the saddles that were wrong how was the customer service? Did they fix it right away?

          Comment


          • #6
            Try Black Country. Same quality, same options, way less money, and excellent FAST customer service
            "Listen to your mind. It has a whole lot more brain cells than your heart does." - SillyHorse

            Comment


            • #7
              I am going to say LIKE! because I do have a hard to fit youngster that a county did not fit well, nor did a Sommer or a Kniedersus as well as a custom.
              BUT the Borne saddle that we have on trial is fitting her super well. No more sore spots, no shims, just a high quality well fit saddle and a better moving mare.
              Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
              www.marydellfarm.com
              2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
              2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry you had to wait so long

                Originally posted by CatPS View Post
                Beautiful, well-made saddles that fit wonderfully. However we have had a problem at our barn with it taking a LONG time to get orders in. One person waited 6 months for a custom Borne while her horse's back was getting more and more sore. Just seems to be a bit of a pattern in our case.
                I'm sorry you had to wait so long to get your saddle. Our production times vary depending on the waiting list and our suppliers (trees, leather, etc). I hope your saddle was worth waiting for.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you!

                  Originally posted by KrazyTBMare View Post
                  LOVE - quality, durability, details, totally custom, GREAT customer service with the fitters/reps/owner, one master saddler who makes each one, completely adjustable. The leather is just.. oh I LOVE it. Best purchase Ive made. I have the Borne Contour Open Seat.
                  Thank you so much for your support!
                  Karen Borne

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Long Wait

                    Originally posted by CatPS View Post
                    Beautiful, well-made saddles that fit wonderfully. However we have had a problem at our barn with it taking a LONG time to get orders in. One person waited 6 months for a custom Borne while her horse's back was getting more and more sore. Just seems to be a bit of a pattern in our case.
                    Sometime it can take longer if we have to custom order a tree for someone. This adds about 4 weeks onto an order.
                    Another delay comes with UK holidays (can't get supplies), Andy's personal vacations, and a long waiting list. I hope this clears up some reasons for delays.
                    Karen Borne

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Misrepresentation

                      Originally posted by Dune View Post
                      AT a friend's barn, new fitter talked everyone into getting one. Then they sold them all on the idea of getting the Mattes shim pads so that they would actually fit the horses. One of the saddles came with the skirt on backward and the new fitter and owner of that one didn't even notice (rode in it for six months!) until the "master fitter" pointed it out. Needless to say, I was not impressed.
                      Dune,
                      I'm not sure who or what you are talking about but neither I nor my fitters have the capability to "talk someone into" buying anything. I don't think that's possible when you are working in the $4000.00 range of products. We simply present what we have, provide a service and the outcome is subject to the desire of the client.

                      Regarding Mattes shim pads . . . again, I don't talk someone into buying a product. I make saddle fitter pads available to my clients as a service. Sometimes we fit young horses, horses that change shape due to training, climate changes, health related issues, injury etc. I recommend saddle fitter pads to clients in these situations but never to compensate for a custom saddle that doesn't fit. We offer a 10-day trial period for all of our saddles and we stand behind our 100% cash back guarantee should the saddle not fit for some reason.

                      As far as the "skirt" that was put on backwards, that was not the skirt but rather the sweatflap on the underside of the saddle. I had a discussion with the rider and she decided it didn't matter because it was under the flap and it did not effect her horse or her riding in the saddle. Of course, you weren't priviledged to that discussion so I didn't expect you to know that.

                      It just seems to me that the tone of your post is more about demonizing Borne Saddlery than getting your facts correct. We'll let the readers decide.

                      Karen Borne, President
                      Borne Saddlery, LLC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Borne Reply

                        Originally posted by nextyear View Post
                        Thanks for the input! I am riding in one right now and several of the horses very much like them, 6 mos. is a long time to wait though!
                        As far as the saddles that were wrong how was the customer service? Did they fix it right away?
                        Our saddles do not take 6 months. The customary wait time is 10-12 weeks. If a saddle takes longer, it could be due to a custom tree order, our production flow, and European holidays making it hard to get supplies.

                        Our saddles ALL come with a 7-10 day 100% cash back guarantee. If something is wrong we make it right or refund your deposit.

                        I hope this clears things up for you.

                        Karen Borne, President
                        Borne Saddlery, LLC

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Marydell View Post
                          I am going to say LIKE! because I do have a hard to fit youngster that a county did not fit well, nor did a Sommer or a Kniedersus as well as a custom.
                          BUT the Borne saddle that we have on trial is fitting her super well. No more sore spots, no shims, just a high quality well fit saddle and a better moving mare.
                          Thank you MaryAnna! I appreciate your support.

                          Karen Borne

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            dune, i have personally been riding in Borne saddles for over 9 years now and love the product, customer service and have never had anyone ever suggest a shim pad for any of Borne's saddles. The company takes extreme care to make sure all measurements are correct and that the saddle fits just right. Maybe you dont have your facts straight.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Also, i am an active Grand Prix trainer and competitor, most of my clients are also riding in Borne saddles and ALL love them. They have not had a single complaint and all of the horses had improved movement and attitude towards their training immediately. I mean, ALL of them. It was overwhelmingly universal. My own horse has excelled and i know that it is because of being comfortable. I have been in the training business for over 34 years and can't say enough about Borne saddles. Having been in the business this long, if i believe in a company and product it is because it is a good one.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by bornesaddlery View Post
                                Dune,
                                I'm not sure who or what you are talking about but neither I nor my fitters have the capability to "talk someone into" buying anything. I don't think that's possible when you are working in the $4000.00 range of products. We simply present what we have, provide a service and the outcome is subject to the desire of the client.

                                Regarding Mattes shim pads . . . again, I don't talk someone into buying a product. I make saddle fitter pads available to my clients as a service. Sometimes we fit young horses, horses that change shape due to training, climate changes, health related issues, injury etc. I recommend saddle fitter pads to clients in these situations but never to compensate for a custom saddle that doesn't fit. We offer a 10-day trial period for all of our saddles and we stand behind our 100% cash back guarantee should the saddle not fit for some reason.

                                As far as the "skirt" that was put on backwards, that was not the skirt but rather the sweatflap on the underside of the saddle. I had a discussion with the rider and she decided it didn't matter because it was under the flap and it did not effect her horse or her riding in the saddle. Of course, you weren't priviledged to that discussion so I didn't expect you to know that.

                                It just seems to me that the tone of your post is more about demonizing Borne Saddlery than getting your facts correct. We'll let the readers decide.

                                Karen Borne, President
                                Borne Saddlery, LLC
                                Nothing personal, I was just sharing what I know. I'm glad you admitted something was put on backward, check did not. Admitting "problems" even though you feel it was not crucial is important if one wants to grow a business and maintain a good reputation, I applaud you on this account.

                                Originally posted by check View Post
                                dune, i have personally been riding in Borne saddles for over 9 years now and love the product, customer service and have never had anyone ever suggest a shim pad for any of Borne's saddles. The company takes extreme care to make sure all measurements are correct and that the saddle fits just right. Maybe you dont have your facts straight.
                                Hmmm, talked to several who were there and had my own personal encounter, but again I guess that's just their/my opinion, fwiw.

                                Originally posted by check View Post
                                Also, i am an active Grand Prix trainer and competitor, most of my clients are also riding in Borne saddles and ALL love them. They have not had a single complaint and all of the horses had improved movement and attitude towards their training immediately. I mean, ALL of them. It was overwhelmingly universal. My own horse has excelled and i know that it is because of being comfortable. I have been in the training business for over 34 years and can't say enough about Borne saddles. Having been in the business this long, if i believe in a company and product it is because it is a good one.
                                Fantastic!
                                Last edited by Dune; Oct. 31, 2012, 12:31 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X