Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

McLeanJanet_Front1

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by La-LaPopRider View Post

Yeah! I agree! That all would be very interesting. Just as having 10,000 fb friends would even be possible. And, yes. All sorts of unintended tidbits in a person’s history will be “seen by the world.”
    Unfortunately, it seems you fail to realize (much like Eggbutt & despite it is literally in writing at the end of each page) “these facts presented are in dispute.” For a layman - this means, precisely, they are accusations- NOT “fact.” This contradicts Eggbutts entire first sentence in her second (??) post on this thread. Hopefully, an actual attorney can step in here, and explain to the class how a “counter suit,” works. It would be far too exhausting to have to do it myself - especially with *this* crowd- who collectively have the legal knowledge of one very committed 3rd grader. No offense.

“She shot at her boyfriend on his motorcycle, in a fit of rage!” It’s almost like ..... they just make this stuff up. No wait. It’s exactly what they do. Duh. They’re being sued. This is how counter suit attorneys bully plaintiffs into “settling.” It is the entire reason counter suits are filed, to begin with. I should add, (again) this is not “news.” Probably why “Eggbutt,” removed the date of the claim from her post. I suppose, anyone that desperate to use a normal proceeding originally filed almost two months ago - to pretend some “new,” information has emerged, merely to continue spreading lies & opening new threads, should continue to do exactly she knows best. Obsessing, obsessing & obsessing. I’m flattered ???
    I am disinclined to believe you. As an officer of the court the attorney cannot knowingly lie or deceive the court in his filings. So it seems the attorney either believes what his client has told him or has discovered these things for himself.

Newsflash: You overestimate your understanding of law. You underestimate others' understanding of law.

Therefore, I will await the facts in court even though your behavior is a giant red flag.

A note to any heroin or drug users out there: you may not notice it but druggie face is easily recognizable. As are behaviors. Please respect yourselves enough to not do drugs. Ever since I read of injecting heroin into eyeballs I've had the huzz and I mourn all the lives lost or that will be lost to fentanyl, heroin, meth, coke, etc.

I'm very sensitive to this right now as the sister of someone I know overdosed on fentanyl 6 days ago, and with the virus, didn't even get a decent burial. I lost my own cousin to a crack overdose in 1997.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knights Mom View Post
      Well at least now I know I wasn't seeing things in the wee hours of the morning. The Order To Show Cause was indeed denied as confirmed by LK.
      Not sure you’re understanding what that means, in a “without prejudice,” ruling. The order denied (until further proof is presented) - was a freezing of certain assets of one named party. Nothing more. If the ruling had been “with prejudice,” it would mean, the order was permanently denied. As you can read, the ruling on the original request- (court date of March 20 th- making the counter claim & our own specific & separate request, dating far, far far before the set court date) - was denied with the option to present further evidence to the court. (“Without prejudice.”) Therefore, order to “show cause,” is not the “denied request.” Just to clarify. I’m sure the actual facts (facts- not “answers/responses/accusations” - the latter being that which is exactly required from the opposing attorney in a law suit) will be made clear by our own “answers/responses/accusations” to any counterclaim. And, of course, during the civil trial- which has yet to take place. Apparently, Ms. S.D Eggbutt seems to think this IS “the civil trial.” Not even close.
      ????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by eggbutt View Post

I have absolutely no idea, but simply brainstorming your post, I would think MB's defense would find a more favorable jury in the area and not ask for a change of venue because he is known in the area and LK is more the stranger.

As others have said much of what has been posted here may not be allowed in the criminal trial but I would think MB's attorneys will throw everything they can at the wall and see what sticks as far as LK's behavior and past.

Interesting tidbit that is totally rumor.....a friend of a friend of a friend messaged me today saying LK has been talking about heading to Europe with her horses to train. I have absolutely nothing to base this as truth, and it seems like a strange plan considering Europe is currently in worse shape than the US as far as the virus. Who knows? Nothing is out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe she is working with European BNTs who are fleeing FL now that all shows are canceled and are begging her to come with them.
        If it’s “totally a rumor,” - which it is, why post it? Clickbait? Fascinating. Then again, there are just as many items you’ve posted as “fact,” which are also “totally a rumor.”

In all seriousness, all of your “predictions,” wrt me “finding a trainer,” & “being unable to board all my horses, after *this* “ & so many other ridiculous predilections have been wrong. I promise, the day I’m unable to hire the trainer I want or find myself “unable,” to board all my current horses & any new horses, I will send you a message in Morse code. I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. But....... you are right in that, my original plans to bring at least 4 of my horses to EU or stay in Fla past June have been temporarily halted due to COVID -19. Of course, the post about going overseas in the first place, was made over 2 months ago. The post re: being unable to go... was made last week. Maybe your “friend of a friend of a friend,” should sharpen his/her reading skills??
        ????????????????????

Comment

Not sure you’re understanding what that means, in a “without prejudice,” ruling. The order denied (until further proof is presented) - was a freezing of certain assets of one named party. Nothing more. If the ruling had been “with prejudice,” it would mean, the order was permanently denied. As you can read, the ruling on the original request- (court date of March 20 th- making the counter claim & our own specific & separate request, dating far, far far before the set court date) - was denied with the option to present further evidence to the court. (“Without prejudice.”) Therefore, order to “show cause,” is not the “denied request.” Just to clarify. I’m sure the actual facts (facts- not “answers/responses/accusations” - the latter being that which is exactly required from the opposing attorney in a law suit) will be made clear by our own “answers/responses/accusations” to any counterclaim. And, of course, during the civil trial- which has yet to take place. Apparently, Ms. S.D Eggbutt seems to think this IS “the civil trial.” Not even close.
          I have perfect understanding. I also find you tedious and boring right now. You don't know what you're talking about. As I do not wish to insult you I would strongly advise you to leave me alone at this point. I am uninterested in continuing conversation with you lest I become rude to you at this dark, dank point of your life.

Comment

“Without Prejudice.” Only took 2 seconds to point this very critical wording out to you. Additionally, do you not understand how civil suits work? (Rhetorical.) The only thing “denied,” was a freezing of HIS assets. His alone. And again, “without prejudice.” (You can google that.) You have way too much time on your hands. “It’s fascinating isn’t it?”

In the last thread you opened, I noticed you seem to believe Michael Barisone’s “life accomplishments,” somehow surpass mine. I have to disagree. Unless, you consider cleaning out his wife’s trust - then squandering all her money to be a “life accomplishment.” Or, elderly abuse ..... or .... beating up a cop/resisting arrest in WPB county to also be “life accomplishments??” I must have different idea of what constitutes “life accomplishments,” since, if had none, I probably wouldn’t be able to pursue buying horses, boarding them & continuing my training in this sport - or any other. As they told me when I was 20, (my parents) - “Work hard now- play later.” And...... here I am. Doing exactly what I planned since 20 yrs of age. Fascinating, isn’t it? (Even for a decades ago “NCDCTA president,” - perhaps, much like yourself?) Though, like I politely suggested to you on FB..... yoga maybe? Seems like your glory days have ended long ago & this your new version of knitting?

Carry on! We were just curious as to when you, specifically, might decide to open yet another thread about me- then call ME a “narcissist.” We now have our answer- despite this counter claim NOT being “news,” or “new news,” for quite some time now. While you have all of this time on your hands, you should also google “What does a civil complaint, answer & counterclaim mean?” Or.... yoga. That really would be “fascinating.” K! All done!
            What is your professional background and education? After all of these threads and junk floating around, I actually don't even know such a basic piece of info. But I haven't been reading consistently either.

​​​​​​But one doesn't always have to work hard or have any life accomplishments to own, ride, train, and compete horses. Many people fall into fortunate life circumstances or find themselves in a good financial situation due to trust funds, inheritance, family money, a wealthy partner, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dapple Grey View Post
              She is insane and clearly her own worst enemy. This will be a Dateline Episode one day and Keith Morrison will be giving her the side eye.
              hahahaha...the side eye "indeed"
              Humans dont mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. Sebastian Junger

Comment

• Originally posted by CanteringCarrot View Post

What is your professional background and education? After all of these threads and junk floating around, I actually don't even know such a basic piece of info. But I haven't been reading consistently either.

​​​​​​But one doesn't always have to work hard or have any life accomplishments to own, ride, train, and compete horses. Many people fall into fortunate life circumstances or find themselves in a good financial situation due to trust funds, inheritance, family money, a wealthy partner, etc.
                Someone mentioned a lottery annuity on one of the threads. If accurate, money that literally fell into her lap. Less than $5 - $10 required. I don't play the lottery, I have my 401Kaput with which to gamble. *sigh*

I am lucky. If I should ever play the lottery and win, I can remain anonymous. Have the newly-minted lawyer set up a trust for me, go and accept it on my behalf. Legally she couldn't talk about it either despite being family. But I would pay her well for her services and put some money aside for her newborn. I am SO glad she gave birth before this hit the area. By the skin of her teeth!

Comment

As they told me when I was 20, (my parents) - “Work hard now- play later.” And...... here I am. Doing exactly what I planned since 20 yrs of age.
                  Originally posted by MorganSercu View Post

Someone mentioned a lottery annuity on one of the threads. If accurate, money that literally fell into her lap.
                  And the lottery is working hard?! I know it was also discussed money from previous lawsuits or Daddy's money.

Comment

• Honest question: What is druggie face?

Comment

• Originally posted by FitzE View Post
                      Honest question: What is druggie face?
                      A before and after of heroin face

Comment

Honest question: What is druggie face?
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=hero...biw=1600&hl=en
                        "She is not fragile like a flower. She is fragile like a bomb."

Comment

• LK doesn’t look like those pics. Those are quite frightening. If that’s what heroin does to your face, then I would have to believe that she is not doing it.
                          Banter whenever you want to banter....canter whenever you want to canter.

Comment

• Originally posted by angelssix View Post

She is going to run to avoid the backlash that is about to hit her right between the eyes. People like her that spend their whole lives living a lie, abusing everyone around them while acting like innocent victims eventually have a downfall. She thought she would get away with this, but she will not. She is looking to head out of the country where no one will know anything about her and she can begin "fresh".
                            I am not surprised to hear she would be a drug user. My guess is that with a little more digging, something will come out about her true past, not the fiction that she tries to get people to believe.
                            This actually may be something she's planning to do with her expected millions in damages she wants to get from MB
                            My warmbloods have actually drunk mulled wine in the past. Not today though. A drunk warmblood is a surly warmblood. - WildandWickedWarmbloods

Comment

• Original Poster

My life and accomplishments are not in question, but I've done nothing in my life to be ashamed of in any way, as I suspect most of the other posters on this thread can also say about themselves. Everything I've posted in this thread is a matter of public record with a link to that record, with the exception of a rumor I was told that has since been verified by LK herself.

Once again, this thread was about to fizzle to an end until Lauren appeared and gave it new life, as expected. Yoga, knitting, paint-by-number, binging on Netflix.....all good suggestions, as well as reading this drama in real life.

Comment

• IT looks like those links are to that whole faces of meth thing. That I understand. What I don't understand is what generalize "druggie face" would be and/or how it relates to herion use.

It was an honest question but I will say I don't think it should be mentioned with respect to anyone in this situation, esp LK. To me, she looks like a perfectly average woman of her age in the NYT pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by eggbutt View Post

Interesting tidbit that is totally rumor.....a friend of a friend of a friend messaged me today saying LK has been talking about heading to Europe with her horses to train. I have absolutely nothing to base this as truth, and it seems like a strange plan considering Europe is currently in worse shape than the US as far as the virus. Who knows? Nothing is out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe she is working with European BNTs who are fleeing FL now that all shows are canceled and are begging her to come with them.
                                  I would guess that heading to Europe with horses to train is probably LK's plan with what to do with the millions she is expecting to be shoveled her way after suing MB. If she is actually talking about doing it in the "present" I wouldn't be surprised, as grandiosity and bragging about herself would be her MO. Money seems to be her giddy expectation out of all of this.

My warmbloods have actually drunk mulled wine in the past. Not today though. A drunk warmblood is a surly warmblood. - WildandWickedWarmbloods

Comment

• LK, what do you do for a living?

Comment

• Originally posted by NotGrandPrixYet View Post
                                      LK doesn’t look like those pics. Those are quite frightening. If that’s what heroin does to your face, then I would have to believe that she is not doing it.
                                      Those are meth faces before and after. Heroin isn't the same as meth. Alot of habitual opiate users are somewhat functional, and blend in to the world in a basic way, but there is a whole Nurse Jackie type of 'drug brain' that goes along with it which includes a lack of inner monologue keeping you from doing really impluslively stupid sh*t in order to maintain your supply and a lifestyle which funds it.

Comment

IT looks like those links are to that whole faces of meth thing. That I understand. What I don't understand is what generalize "druggie face" would be and/or how it relates to herion use.

It was an honest question but I will say I don't think it should be mentioned with respect to anyone in this situation, esp LK. To me, she looks like a perfectly average woman of her age in the NYT pic.
                                        Mine was specifically heroin face and is labeled as such. Meth faces have wounds. Heroin affects skin and they get skinny a lot of the time.

Comment

IT looks like those links are to that whole faces of meth thing. That I understand. What I don't understand is what generalize "druggie face" would be and/or how it relates to herion use.

Hard living ends up showing, eventually. Whether from Meth, Heroin, or just alcohol, smoking and late nights.
                                          Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

Working...
                                          X