Sport Horse Spotlight

Sternlicht_CF_Stallion_Web-1583x1266

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I’ve learned from this thread:

Edits are confusing and cause some posters to have the vapors.

If you mistype or are mistaken in your information there will be a page dedicated to the post.

If you post anything that slightly smells of speculation of wrong doing by LK there will be three pages dedicated to the post.

Always post dictionary definitions.

Don’t use slang.

All spinoffs discussing interesting topics on this thread are to be ignored.

This is THE only thread on CoTH to learn about dressage and crimes involving dressage riders as well as the proper use of words and the correct manner in which to wear a Tiara.

ETA: All posters, either long time or new are alters of people involved.
    Last edited by Denali6298; Jan. 20, 2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mswillie View Post

Well I don't know about anyone else, but if I were plotting to murder someone for their horses, or anything else, I'd like to think I'd do enough research to use ammunition that is specifically designed to kill someone. I mean, all the cloak and dagger, and plotting, and buried bodies, and he didn't know enough to not use a target load? That's an amateur mistake.
      Or use hollow points.

Comment

• Too bad they all weren't foxhunters....

CRAZY LIKE A FOX

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post
          What I’ve learned from this thread:

Edits are confusing and cause some posters to have the vapors.

If you mistype or are mistaken in your information there will be a page dedicated to the post.

If you post anything that slightly smells of speculation of wrong doing by LK there will be three pages dedicated to the post.

Always post dictionary definitions.

Don’t use slang.

All spinoffs discussing interesting topics on this thread are to be ignored.

This is THE only thread on CoTH to learn about dressage and crimes involving dressage riders as well as the proper use of words and the correct manner in which to wear a Tiara.
          This wins the post of the day award!!! PERFECTION!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Now I need a new keyboard!

Edited to add you failed to mention All alters can be accused of being other persons, either real or fictional or confused with other alters at any time depending on the circumstances, especially if your alter begins with the letter "G".

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post

This wins the post of the day award!!! PERFECTION!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Now I need a new keyboard!

Edited to add you failed to mention All alters can be accused of being other persons, either real or fictional or confused with other alters at any time depending on the circumstances.
            Wait one......

ETA: Edited my original post.

Comment

Wait one......

ETA: Edited my original post.
              Dang!!! I am proud of you!!! It is powerful isn't it? Don't get carried away though!!! First we need to QFP your original post.

Comment

• Originally posted by rothmpp View Post

On this point, we can definitely agree, though i suspect not really.

FEI requires a separate membership from the USEF/USDF for both the horse and rider, though there are some exceptions for horses at the lower tiers of CDIs.

I don't know you you are IRL, YD, but unless you've entered and/or managed a CDI, I was actually hoping for feedback from people who've actually gone through the process of entering CDIs.
                K. Well I’ve produced screenshots for this show- which either you- or someone else claimed I wasn’t even entered in. Whoops. If I just barely got myself into a completely full show - in both classes I wanted (plus others I didn’t really care for) how many minutes do you think it would take to quickly pay my own FEI membership? The horse already had one! Anything I needed to participate in these classes, including the NON sweepstakes CDI at PSG would have been emailed to me by the guy. I’m a little confused as to why you care what classes I’d have been riding at a show at anytime.
                The theory I wasn’t entered was crushed. The theory I wasn’t in any FEI class bc I hadn’t paid membership fee was also crushed. I only had to pay it prior to the class time- with documentation. Or...... did you miss my entry & ride time for Friday? (8:09 am.) The fact I had a full email discussion to clarify whether I wanted the sweepstakes class or just just regular CDI (something I had no idea there was a difference between) should tell u conversations you weren’t privy to were, indeed taking place. It was stated by someone I couldn’t have entered this show at all bc, she couldn’t locate my name as a scratch or no show- has been crushed. I especially included the dates of the entry. Perhaps, these emails which gradually let me know which spots had an opening - CEASED bc ...... less than 36 hrs later, I was in a coma. Just a thought. Probably has no merit. 🙄
                ????????????????????

Comment

• Originally posted by La-LaPopRider View Post

K. Well I’ve produced screenshots for this show- which either you- or someone else claimed I wasn’t even entered in. Whoops. If I just barely got myself into a completely full show - in both classes I wanted (plus others I didn’t really care for) how many minutes do you think it would take to quickly pay my own FEI membership? The horse already had one! Anything I needed to participate in these classes, including the NON sweepstakes CDI at PSG would have been emailed to me by the guy. I’m a little confused as to why you care what classes I’d have been riding at a show at anytime.
                  The theory I wasn’t entered was crushed. The theory I wasn’t in any FEI class bc I hadn’t paid membership fee was also crushed. I only had to pay it prior to the class time- with documentation. Or...... did you miss my entry & ride time for Friday? (8:09 am.) The fact I had a full email discussion to clarify whether I wanted the sweepstakes class or just just regular CDI (something I had no idea there was a difference between) should tell u conversations you weren’t privy to were, indeed taking place. It was stated by someone I couldn’t have entered this show at all bc, she couldn’t locate my name as a scratch or no show- has been crushed. I especially included the dates of the entry. Perhaps, these emails which gradually let me know which spots had an opening - CEASED bc ...... less than 36 hrs later, I was in a coma. Just a thought. Probably has no merit. 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by Mersidoats View Post

How do you have the time to cross-reference all of these posts? I suppose that could be a fun little data scraping problem: write a script to create a table of posts by post number, cross reference quotes and do some textual analysis to identify the different threads within the threads.

The horse is registered with the FEI. He has no competition record.

The record still stands - there is no record of her ever competing in or registering for a CDI - so barring the appearance of the emails (but her emails!) she did not compete in the CDI. No entry - no compete. I guess we could say "intentions matter" - she intended to compete in the CDI - but for all intents and purposes, she was not registered, and did not compete in the CDI, and has no FEI athlete profile.

Gawd. I'm sorry I even brought this up.

Why am I even responding? I have horses to ride, work to do, and GPA to maintain.
                    The horse definitely DOES have a show record. I definitely did have entries in that specific show. You change the subject & hope no one notices- sad. I’ve said numerous times “THIS WAS MY FIRST CDI.” I wanted to try it & that is exactly what I going to do. If I didn’t feel comfortable with it - after the FEI PSG class on Friday- I could’ve easily scratched. I didn’t need a specific score to enter. If I did, I highly doubt the S.O would’ve given me the option to do the sweepstakes or non sweepstakes CDI class. Not only that, I know plenty of people who have scores of only 52 (or 54, in one case) in National FEI PSG classes & are competing in CDI *4 s all the time. IMHO - they shouldn’t be. But, what they do doesn’t concern me. Wonder why it is that what I DO concerns you?

Just look at the topic you are on. Whats the matter? You were proven wrong on everything else so suddenly my show entry which I never got to compete in, (duh- I’d been shot) has become your new “thing.” Well, you’d better start thinking of new material. Bc....... you’re just as wrong about THIS - as you’ve been about everything else. Why don’t you give me a hint of what your new topic will be so I can pm you how ridiculous you’re about look BEFOREHAND this time. Your choice.
                    ????????????????????

Comment

The horse definitely DOES have a show record. I definitely did have entries in that specific show. You change the subject & hope no one notices- sad. I’ve said numerous times “THIS WAS MY FIRST CDI.” I wanted to try it & that is exactly what I going to do. If I didn’t feel comfortable with it - after the FEI PSG class on Friday- I could’ve easily scratched. I didn’t need a specific score to enter. If I did, I highly doubt the S.O would’ve given me the option to do the sweepstakes or non sweepstakes CDI class. Not only that, I know plenty of people who have scores of only 52 (or 54, in one case) in National FEI PSG classes & are competing in CDI *4 s all the time. IMHO - they shouldn’t be. But, what they do doesn’t concern me. Wonder why it is that what I DO concerns you?

Just look at the topic you are on. Whats the matter? You were proven wrong on everything else so suddenly my show entry which I never got to compete in, (duh- I’d been shot) has become your new “thing.” Well, you’d better start thinking of new material. Bc....... you’re just as wrong about THIS - as you’ve been about everything else. Why don’t you give me a hint of what your new topic will be so I can pm you how ridiculous you’re about look BEFOREHAND this time. Your choice.
                      How about you PM whoever you’re going to make up false claims about next so we know where this thread is headed.
                      You're all about proof but what proof do you have for your claims?

ETA: I’m not talking about the CDI stuff. I couldn’t care less about that.

Comment

Yet you didn't mention the conversation you had with your friend did you? Nope......can't defend yourself on that one can you?
                        No. I can’t. I have no clue what or who we were talking about, nor the CONTEXT. Clearly, neither do you. Feel free to explain who were talking about. Please hurry!!! (I’ll tell why the rush right after you provide the “PERSON,” who we were talking about. Oh & the context. Both important!
                        ????????????????????

Comment

No. I can’t. I have no clue what or who we were talking about, nor the CONTEXT. Clearly, neither do you. Feel free to explain who were talking about. Please hurry!!! (I’ll tell why the rush right after you provide the “PERSON,” who we were talking about. Oh & the context. Both important!
                          Funny, I gave you a screenshot of your conversation with Shelly Albee Lily. Do I need to provide it again? It makes no difference WHO the person was....you two obviously knew and were having a grand old time bashing whoever it is. All laughs and fun and folly.

Comment

• While LaLa is interesting, I can't for the life of me figure out why any of you continue to engage YD. The thread goes MUCH more quickly ignoring him/her. He/she reminded me of an ex-husband who would argue with a fence post. Exhausting and ridiculous.

And just a simple vegetarian taco salad tonight, but a lovely greek yogurt into which I stirred a spoonful of delicious homemade peach/rosemary jam for dessert.

Comment

Just for fun, here's the link to Jay-T's FEI record: https://data.fei.org/Horse/Performan...F11945227183E8

Nothing listed for FEI. He does have a record with USEF with LK and several others as rider. LK rode him in 3-1 several times and 4-3 once. Prior to that he was doing the Young Rider tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarlo Farm View Post
                                While LaLa is interesting, I can't for the life of me figure out why any of you continue to engage YD. The thread goes MUCH more quickly ignoring him/her. He/she reminded me of an ex-husband who would argue with a fence post. Exhausting and ridiculous.

And just a simple vegetarian taco salad tonight, but a lovely greek yogurt into which I stirred a spoonful of delicious homemade peach/rosemary jam for dessert.
                                Can you share the recipe for the peach rosemary jam? I had left overs. Nothing exciting.

Comment

• Got it from a friend for a Christmas present, but she makes it fairly regularly. I'll ask.

Comment

Dang!!! I am proud of you!!! It is powerful isn't it? Don't get carried away though!!! First we need to QFP your original post.
                                    Wow what a rush!!!! Phew!

Never fear GWE, you did remember to quote my original post. All is well.

Comment

• Someone told me you can't have a test caller at FEI classes. Is that true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it isn't true. Often, when murder or the likes happen, the story behind it is crazy unbelievable. That's how people end up making bad decisions like shooting someone, they get themselves into situations where they only see one way out.

Same thing when men kill their wives instead of divorce. Any logical person would suck it up and get the divorce, but for the small percentage who decide they don't want to or cant lose anything, killing the other person is the more attractive option. More common than you would think.
                                        I don't know MB and anything about what happened, but....

The most important thing I've learned from watching years of Court TV and other crime shows is to never carry a tempting amount of life insurance on yourself and to be sure to choose your beneficiaries carefully!

And regarding nice horses, I have heard stories that I believe were true of stolen horses being painted, etc. to disguise them and being sold without papers.

Regarding La-La's horses, I wonder if there are any family members or friends who actually knew how many horses she owned, and as non-horsey people would they have the skill level to identify all of them and claim them if she had not survived this? Or could 1 or 2 horses have disappeared or been replaced with less valuable horses? It's not really that far fetched.

Comment

I don’t know why LK feels the constant need to defend herself here. Especially when she says she doesn’t care. I do think if people are close to the situation they either post their “speculations” with proof or admit to being close to the situation. Otherwise take a page from MHM who has mastered asking questions and stating opinions in a very neutral manner.

LK has clearly pissed a lot of people off. At the end of the day, it doesn’t look any better for people to go on the attack. I also understand it’s hard since I have been guilty of that in the past in threads on this BB. I do think we don’t have the whole story (obviously) and I think if there is a full trial, both LK and MB will look bad.

I also don’t think it does any good to berate LK over not answering the fat shaming question. Point it out yes, but we all know at this point the conversation is one sided. Me personally, I’m more offended by YankeeDuchess for rubber stamping that for the sake of being argumentative.

I hope those close to the situation find their own peace. She clearly has caused emotional harm to some. It feels good to vent, but sometimes venting looks crazy.
                                          I know you didn’t mean this in an attacking way, but I do want to point something out. I’d pretty much guarantee every single person on this thread (and the others) - have pissed people off. Sometimes, people just don’t like you no matter how nice they are to your face or how nice you’ve been to them. Firing someone doesn’t make you friends with that person, after. I fired a certain person on the other thread and that was her big opportunity to “get me back.” You don’t show up for work- you’re fired. Even a farrier I fired took the striking opportunity to say how horrible I am - with the obvious exception of mentioning why. Refusing to board somewhere bc you feel the “trainer,” doesn’t meet your needs - and that person takes it personally, also comes with a risk of “pissing them off.” Just by the comments- I knew exactly whom was whom. I don’t go around life TRYING to piss people off- too much work & wasted energy. There are some who live to piss people off- except, their names aren’t relevant here bc a “BNT,” didn’t shoot them- allowing for every person they’ve ever had a disagreement with to blather on about it. Every single person with some $hi* to talk were all conveniently located in NC. And yet, I was too busy training & showing to care about their personal problems. Still am.
                                          I also don’t step on eggshells around people. I say what I think as nicely as I can - but I won’t be walked all over, taken advantage of, lied about without confronting it, or apologize for things I didn’t do. Or, for anything I did do which was without a doubt, warranted. I will always apologize if I’ve accidentally wronged someone. I say “accidentally,” bc, I would never ever purposely wrong someone.
                                          The people in the other thread with very clear agendas said too much. Gave themselves away. Two in particular. (But def others.) If their names were all over the news- I would definitely be saying about one of them- “see! I told you she was a thief, extortionist & con artist.” The other- I’d likely ignore..... just As I’d been trying to do for 3 years to no avail.
                                          I can’t help it if it irks people that I’ve imported horses, can pay for training (thanks to having to work simultaneously to do it) .... So petty- and yet it’s been central to a large part of all these threads. When I say to a poster, “I really don’t GAF what you think,” I may also provide a piece info to point out why I don’t GAF what they “think.” If I cant legally provide any info to the contrary - I still don’t GAF what they believe, bc I know better than they do.
                                          This is all TRULY victim blaming at its worst. When there’s nothing to say- people have just made things up- and why not? Using screen-names who, besides me, is gonna call them out? They know I can’t bc of forum rules, so why not make up a slew of lies, run with it & hope others believe even 1/4 of it.

I guess the point of this long post is, if even one person here thinks they are only well thought of by everyone- they’d better think again. Somewhere, lurking in the past, present or future is someone (or many someone’s) who are just so unhappy with own lives, lay in wait for the opportunity to make stuff about you while “chortling with glee,” the opportunity presented itself. Believe me, everyone here has an enemy they don’t even know about. They also have people they do know about who dislike them. No one is free of this fact of life. Though, some maybe in denial about it.
                                          ????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                                          X