Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You're responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it--details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums' policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it's understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users' profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses -- Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it's related to a horse for sale, regardless of who's selling it, it doesn't belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions -- Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services -- Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products -- While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements -- Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be "bumped" excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues -- Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators' discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you'd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user's membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by La-LaPopRider View Post

I have never once stated he “decided one nice afternoon the time had come.” I’ve repeatedly stated the exact opposite- as have you in your post here. Maybe he did decide to kill us on AN afternoon- but that decision was made far before THE afternoon of August 7th.
    No, you didn't state that - those were literally my words. And by "nice" I was making a reference to the weather.

So your assertion is that Barisone decided to murder you in order to obtain one or more of your horses for his girlfriend to ride - notwithstanding the fact that once he had murdered you, your horses would never have been given to anyone connected to him to ride?

And you believe that if you had left the property, he would have tried to locate you in order to murder you for the use of those same horses?
    "I swear it happened just like this" - Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeDuchess View Post

Please see post # 1245. Even if the entry had been completed (not clear that it was), one is allowed to register with FEI in a short window AFTER competing. It appears she never registered with FEI (no reason to, as she did not compete) so even if the entry process was completed (again, not clear that it was), the horse seems not to have been registered with FEI, hence would not be in the database.
      How do you have the time to cross-reference all of these posts? I suppose that could be a fun little data scraping problem: write a script to create a table of posts by post number, cross reference quotes and do some textual analysis to identify the different threads within the threads.

The horse is registered with the FEI. He has no competition record.

The record still stands - there is no record of her ever competing in or registering for a CDI - so barring the appearance of the emails (but her emails!) she did not compete in the CDI. No entry - no compete. I guess we could say "intentions matter" - she intended to compete in the CDI - but for all intents and purposes, she was not registered, and did not compete in the CDI, and has no FEI athlete profile.

Gawd. I'm sorry I even brought this up.

Why am I even responding? I have horses to ride, work to do, and GPA to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by cutter99 View Post

And just because these accusations are made does not make them true either. You seriously believe there was a huge plot to kill clients? Not only to kill them, but to kill them for the specific goal of taking ownership of their horses? Not to just kill one client, but multiple clients?

Seriously?!?!?!
        I saw this show on Broadway a few years back. Maybe it was based on a true story and I didn’t realize it.

https://www.broadway.com/shows/gentl...-murder/story/

Comment

Originally posted by MHM View Post

I saw this show on Broadway a few years back. Maybe it was based on a true story and I didn’t realize it.

https://www.broadway.com/shows/gentl...-murder/story/
          I prefer The Sopranos. Just about any episode!

I wonder where MB was when Jimmy Hoffa disappeared.
          "You can't fix stupid"- Ron White

Comment

i wonder where MB was when Jimmy Hoffa disappeared.
            Probably still in Pony Club?

Comment

Originally posted by MHM View Post
              Probably still in Pony Club?
              Yes, but doesn’t the mob like to get them young and train them up right. That way you can plot and plan for years and years, and hide in plain sight as an Olympic level rider and trainer, and no one will be any the wiser. Just think of how many people MB had fooled.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersidoats View Post

How do you have the time to cross-reference all of these posts? I suppose that could be a fun little data scraping problem: write a script to create a table of posts by post number, cross reference quotes and do some textual analysis to identify the different threads within the threads.

The horse is registered with the FEI. He has no competition record.

The record still stands - there is no record of her ever competing in or registering for a CDI - so barring the appearance of the emails (but her emails!) she did not compete in the CDI. No entry - no compete. I guess we could say "intentions matter" - she intended to compete in the CDI - but for all intents and purposes, she was not registered, and did not compete in the CDI, and has no FEI athlete profile.

Gawd. I'm sorry I even brought this up.

Why am I even responding? I have horses to ride, work to do, and GPA to maintain.
                Sorry, she was not registered with FEI, so it is not surprising to me that the show would not come up, even as a class she scratched, given that she is not registered with FEI (even if the horse was.)

Obviously she did not compete in a CDI the week after she was shot! No issue there.

Her claim, which various posters attacked as a lie, was that she was planning to ride a CDI PSG the next weekend.

It is a lot easier and more time efficient to throw out a sloppy unsubstantiated allegation than to wrestle it down and figure out what parts of it are true.

Comment

Sorry, she was not registered with FEI, so it is not surprising to me that the show would not come up, even as a class she scratched, given that she is not registered with FEI (even if the horse was.)

Obviously she did not compete in a CDI the week after she was shot! No issue there.

Her claim, which various posters attacked as a lie, was that she was planning to ride a CDI PSG the next weekend.

It is a lot easier and more time efficient to throw out a sloppy unsubstantiated allegation than to wrestle it down and figure out what parts of it are true.
                  She probably would have scratched anyway for one reason or another.

I notice you don't seem to "wrestle down LK's unsubstantiated allegations" so that's what we do and get bashed for doing so.....generally by you!

Comment

I don't fully understand the scratching thing. I've scratched before, when the horse came up lame, had an allergy attack of sorts, or otherwise found a way to maim him or herself... But the scratches weren't so frequent. I do highly regard horse welfare, so it's not that. I don't know, if I sign up, I show up, if not it's a (horse) health reason.

Comment

I prefer The Sopranos. Just about any episode!

I wonder where MB was when Jimmy Hoffa disappeared.
                      Didn't someone (LK?) make a reference to Hawthorne Hill being a body farm full of graves of people he'd murdered over the years. Curiousier and curiouser!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post

She probably would have scratched anyway for one reason or another.

I notice you don't seem to "wrestle down LK's unsubstantiated allegations" so that's what we do and get bashed for doing so.....generally by you!
                        If she had entered, she would have had to scratch BECAUSE SHE WAS IN THE ICU! No smilie faces.

I have no problem whatsoever with you “wrestling down LK’s unsubstantiated allegations.” I don’t think I have bashed you for doing so.

Comment

And just because these accusations are made does not make them true either. You seriously believe there was a huge plot to kill clients? Not only to kill them, but to kill them for the specific goal of taking ownership of their horses? Not to just kill one client, but multiple clients?

Seriously?!?!?!
                          That is not what I said at all. If you want to have a discussion and quote me at least read for comprehension.

I think MB purposefully took matters into his own hands with the aim to kill, yes. The reasoning, is yet to be seen. Not enough facts

My point was, nothing is crazy when it comes to murder. You can not say "this is crazy, this would never happen" when murder or attempted murder is involved. You just can not, the situations are always, out of this world. Just because it is hard to believe does not mean it can not be true.
                          Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

I think MB purposefully took matters into his own hands with the aim to kill, yes. The reasoning, is yet to be seen. Not enough facts

My point was, nothing is crazy when it comes to murder. You can not say "this is crazy, this would never happen" when murder or attempted murder is involved. You just can not, the situations are always, out of this world. Just because it is hard to believe does not mean it can not be true.
                            That’s the truth! People have murdered for far less rational reasons for that. No reason is too crazy for anyone who is willing to kill someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

That is not what I said at all. If you want to have a discussion and quote me at least read for comprehension.

You talk about me reading for comprehension. Perhaps you should do the same. Where did I ever say it would NEVER happen? But the likelihood of it happening is not as common as you would like us to believe.

And while you have been the victim of a violent attack, you use that as the grounds to judge others. Not everyone is out to get someone. Not everyone is evil. Not everyone is out to harm others. It is sad that someone hurt you, but that does not color all bad.

Comment

I used to be outraged at LK's remarks. Now, I am just sad at her obvious emotional problems, which appear to predate the shooting but undoubtedly have been exacerbated. Really, we all ought to just quit reading and posting.

Comment

We should, FatDinah, but it's like driving past a car wreck. Hard not to peek.

Comment

Look. She said multiple times that she was going to compete at the CDI. Having seen the ride times for that show, I knew that she was not in the class, even as a scratch or w/d. I saw her scratches in the National PSG and the other USDF classes.

So I called BS on her CDI claims because the record didn’t back her up. Apparently there are “emails” out there that we don’t get to see. Okay, cool. So I’m supposed to just take her claim at face value that there are emails out there about her entering the CDI? But I don’t get to see the emails? Fine. So, who am I going to believe? The ride times posted at the show by the show secretary. She may have intended to ride in the CDI or wanted to, or was told she would...but but if intentions were horses, we’d all have much bigger feed bills.

Ride times say no CDI. There is no verifiable paper trail pointing to her being in the CDI. Unsubstantiated allegations my a**.

Comment

Look. She said multiple times that she was going to compete at the CDI. Having seen the ride times for that show, I knew that she was not in the class, even as a scratch or w/d. I saw her scratches in the National PSG and the other USDF classes.

So I called BS on her CDI claims because the record didn’t back her up. Apparently there are “emails” out there that we don’t get to see. Okay, cool. So I’m supposed to just take her claim at face value that there are emails out there about her entering the CDI? But I don’t get to see the emails? Fine. So, who am I going to believe? The ride times posted at the show by the show secretary. She may have intended to ride in the CDI or wanted to, or was told she would...but but if intentions were horses, we’d all have much bigger feed bills.

Ride times say no CDI. There is no verifiable paper trail pointing to her being in the CDI. Unsubstantiated allegations my a**.
                                      But, but, but, we're not supposed to question what LK and YD state. Only they can argue with us and demand proof of allegations. Ridiculous.

Comment

The unsubstantiated allegation was that she could not possibly have been entered in the CDI because there was no record of qualifying scores at a national show. Not true.

If you had merely said that no one has yet seen proof that she was in fact entered in the CDI, that would have been a true statement.

It took some other posters some time and effort to debunk your erroneous claim that one needed to get qualifying scores at a national show prior to entering a domestic CDI.

Comment

There are national shows governed by the national federation, in this case USEF. There are international level shows, some of which are held in the US, that are governed by the rules of FEI, and these are called CDIs.

The PSG, which is an FEI level test, and therefore common across all countries, may be offered in either national or CDI competitions. The lower level tests, T though 4th, are national levels because they differ by country.

By “national CDI” do you mean a national show governed by the national federation as opposed to the FEI? And by “FEI CDI” do you mean a horse show governed by FEI rules?

I think you are the only person who would refer to a national horse show run under the auspices of USEF/USDF a “national CDI”, so you’ll need to argue with yourself on that one.
                                          CDI after National was my mistake I meant PSG. I was afraid to edit and cause you discomfort in the event someone quoted me.
                                          Don't try this at home.

Comment

Working...
                                          X