Sport Horse Spotlight

Carinjo Jumping 1

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LiberalSnowflake View Post

You don't know a Lilly? But, but, but what about your BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WORLD? Shelley Albea Lilly? The one who's all over SM saying how much she loves you, and you're all over SM saying how much you love her? Maybe it's that Lilly and you just forgot?
    YES!! Makes one wonder about these two and the entire conversations! Take it to a private setting!!! It's like middle school girls at a sleep over!!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeDuchess View Post

I think she’s caught you in an “inaccuracy” there, Green. Your screen shot shows a snarky reference to a Boeing 737, not an eighteen wheeler.
      The point is the same...

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFigs View Post

The point is the same...
        And what is the point? Seriously, what is the point that Green was trying to make?

Comment

I think she’s caught you in an “inaccuracy” there, Green. Your screen shot shows a snarky reference to a Boeing 737, not an eighteen wheeler.
          Seriously??!! She was fat shaming someone she claims not to even know. What on earth......

Her point was LK reporting MB for fat shaming and what not to SS all the while LK participated in the same behavior.

Comment

• YD, I know you're not dense. Don't pull that crap. It's unbecoming to one of your elevated estate.

See Denali's post above.
            Last edited by ThreeFigs; Jan. 19, 2020, 12:41 PM. Reason: addition.

Comment

• Originally posted by La-LaPopRider View Post

Again, here you are highlighting every aspect of MH’s life. That is either obsessive on your part or, self congratulatory on also your part (if you’re her.) I don’t care or know about her “life story.”
              The only reason their ages were brought up was to point out I feel it’s disgusting for a 35 yr old man to be assessing the “hotness,” or “not ness,” of 19 -22 yr olds at a Dressage competition. It does set a precedent. Idc if it were MH or Jill Doe, idk how you fail to see that. And yes, he then impregnated a 19 yr old & made her get an abortion. His perverted acts which followed indeed had precedent set to these behaviors & he had zero problem bragging about them.

THE only reason (aside from that which I’ve just cleared up for you) I mention MH is BECAUSE SHE PLOTTED MY MURDER. (Among other violent plots which never ended up happening- but I see now how close the danger really was of those other plans coming to fruition JUST as easily.)

As an aside, if you’re so obsessed with MH - (as you’ve just admitted again by explaining how you were asking a “friend,” what she’s doing with her life right now) - write a book about her! I’m sure there are NO other books about a 35 yr old who won a medal when she was 20 or something then got married & had kids. Compelling. I’m sure it’ll be a best seller!! Don’t forget to add the bit about the boot company hiring her as a rep! Bc...... THATS not an everyday occurrence by every boot company, saddle company, grain co, horse shampoo companies, etc....... (sarcasm obviously.)

And..... if you believe for one second she isn’t discussing me every chance she gets to whomever will listen- you don’t live in Wellington. It’s a very small world, here. Confide in a “friend,” at 3 pm & everyone & their mother knows by 4 pm. Btw- “under the circumstances?” Which circumstances? Oh. The one where her boyfriend tried to murder people? And..... she and her bf discussed it in the presence of her kid? Those “circumstances?” Bc, living life, training, & juggling children (after a divorce) are not unordinary circumstances for a regular person who did NOT just plot a murder where two people nearly died. Newsflash- she won’t be putting THAT on her “fb profile.” Just a guess.
              I'm certainly not as obsessed about MH as you are.....but you seem to have reason to be obsessed about her. Often you seem to be very envious of her. I've seen her ride and she's a very elegant, effective rider in the ring. As far as any sponsorships/jobs she has, what are you sponsoring? Why shouldn't she discuss you? You ruined her life just as she ruined yours.

BTW, I also asked a friend how YOU were doing and got a response of "she won't move on". So, it's not just MH I ask about. I've also asked about MB and have not received any info from people who have seen him. YOU keep this situation in the forefront with your SM posts and people remain interested just like looking at a car wreck.

You are extremely angry at so many people for genuine reasons and some paranoia. Perhaps it would help you to speak with a professional and let much of your anger go. You have a life others would give anything to have the opportunity to live, yet you are stuck.

Comment

• I think when the movie gets made about this case, it will look like Mean Girls crossed with A Few Good Men, minus the Navy uniforms. For sure, somebody will be screaming about how someone else can’t handle the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by HappyTalk View Post
                  I said that in all seriousness. He can pressure her toward that end but it is not like he can physically drag her there for the procedure.
                  You’d be surprised.

It’s been done before and will be done again.

Even then, psychological pressure is real, especially from someone in a power position, is older, has a family of his own to protect. [NOT talking about MB but in general]. Family pressure is real, idols and peer pressure is real...

Women have been pressure to do/not do from the dawn of ages.
                  ~ Enjoying some guac and boxed wine at the Blue Saddle inn. ~

Originally posted by LauraKY
                  I'm sorry, but this has "eau de hoarder" smell all over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHM View Post
                    I think when the movie gets made about this case, it will look like Mean Girls crossed with A Few Good Men, minus the Navy uniforms. For sure, somebody will be screaming about how someone else can’t handle the truth.
                    A Few Good Men was on yesterday and I thought the same thing!!! This whole thing just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser except Alice in Wonderland is a fairytale.

Comment

• FYI, there is a new thread - "Dressage Culture - Barisone sponoff (sic)"

Comment

• JMO, but I am now firmly convinced that this thread is being cultivated to prevent horse people from serving on the jury. Bonus points for hints and teasers for what might be on the tapes (which most likely would be inadmissible in court.)

Happy Talk: It's been going on for centuries. Family pressure, Grandma's potions, getting pushed down the stairs; you get the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denali6298 View Post

Seriously??!! She was fat shaming someone she claims not to even know. What on earth......

Her point was LK reporting MB for fat shaming and what not to SS all the while LK participated in the same behavior.
                          Yes. Actually I did understand that. What I was trying to elicit was that what LK can undeniably be accused of is snarky mean girl posting on the internet. Tsk tsk.

If you want to slag her for disgusting FB behavior prior to being shot, that’s one thing. I think her statement belittling MHs young rider achievements (best horse and trainer money can buy) was unclassy and ungenerous, but understandable given the role she, as the victim, believes MH played in her own shooting.

I am not aware of exactly how icky LKs Facebook presence is, or was prior to the shooting, since I’m not on FB. The reason I’m not on FB is that most of the stuff on FB icky or worse. Much of the victim blaming on this thread and on the others SEEMED to me to be saying, well, it’s understandable that you got shot given what we’ve read in your obnoxious, condescending, snarky FB posts. And here, we’ve wasted time making screenshots in order to throw it back in your face! Gotcha!

It’s one thing to exclaim your disgust over someone’s FB behavior. It’s quite different to say flat out or insinuate that LK is morally responsible for getting shot and MB is the victim because of LKs disgusting FB behavior.

Last edited by YankeeDuchess; Jan. 19, 2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHM View Post
                            I think when the movie gets made about this case, it will look like Mean Girls crossed with A Few Good Men, minus the Navy uniforms. For sure, somebody will be screaming about how someone else can’t handle the truth.
                            If LK is supposed to be the Jack Nicholson character, can I remind you that she is not the defendant in a criminal trial?

Comment

• Originally posted by alibi_18 View Post

You need to see a psychologist/psychiatrist/doctor about this.

Because it is also screwing your judgement.

You are falling into more and more craziness.

Isn’t there anyone around you who can help you?
                              Where is your boyfriend/husband/partner?

If your friends and family love you, they should take your keyboard away for your own sake.

This is not sane.
                              Careful. Even though what you are suggesting is absolutely in LK's best interests, you may be the focus of a stern, sanctimonious lecture from YD about how rude/awful/evil (pick whatever adjective you like) it is of you to actually suggest to LK that posting is not helping her in any way.

Lauren - it is not helping. It may feel cathartic - but ranting about MH is not going to help you....

ETA:

Because sadly, some here need constant clarifications... I do not think MB is a victim.

I do not think shooting anyone is appropriate and do not own a gun (pink trimmed or otherwise).

If you are rude and snarky at times on SM, it does not mean that you should be shot.

I am not an alter of anyone - expect my old defunct SN.

I do not engage in vast PM conspiracies and campaigns with anyone about anything.

I am sure there are a few items I have left off this list...

Comment

Yes. Actually I did understand that. What I was trying to elicit was that what LK can undeniably be accused of is snarky mean girl posting on the internet. Tsk tsk.

If you want to slag her for disgusting FB behavior prior to being shot, that’s one thing. I think her statement belittling MHs young rider achievements (best horse and trainer money can buy) was unclassy and ungenerous, but understandable given the role she, as the victim, believes MH played in her own shooting.

I am not aware of exactly how icky LKs Facebook presence is, or was prior to the shooting, since I’m not on FB. The reason I’m not on FB is that most of the stuff on FB icky or worse. Much of the victim blaming on this thread and on the others SEEMED to me to be saying, well, it’s understandable that you got shot given what we’ve read in your obnoxious, condescending, snarky FB posts. And here, we’ve wasted time making screenshots in order to through it back in your face! Gotcha!

It’s one think to exclaim your disgust over someone’s FB behavior. It’s quite different to say flat out or insinuate that LK is morally responsible for getting shot and MB is the victim because of LKs disgusting FB behavior.

OMG.....LK stated MB body-shamed students to other students and insinuated that was one of the reasons she contacted SS. I called her out asking if she confronted him about the statements, played along or ignored them. She made a deal out of how bad that was of a human to do, and I recalled she does the same thing, hence my pot=kettle remark. In my original post, I clearly said the words were my recollection. I don't have the perfect memory you obviously do. So it was a jumbo jet instead of an 18 wheeler.....even worse. I posted the screenshot because LK demanded I provide proof of my allegations. WTH is wrong with you?

As far as me or other posters being argumentative, take a long hard look at your posts. The majority of them are argumentative and condescending.

I NEVER SAID SHE DESERVED TO BE SHOT BECAUSE OF HER POSTS (sorry I forgot to add the obligatory statement to all my posts). BTW, this post was AFTER she was shot......LK has not changed in any way regarding behavior.

I am NOT GEE and will not clarify that again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Derby View Post
                                  JMO, but I am now firmly convinced that this thread is being cultivated to prevent horse people from serving on the jury. Bonus points for hints and teasers for what might be on the tapes (which most likely would be inadmissible in court.)

Happy Talk: It's been going on for centuries. Family pressure, Grandma's potions, getting pushed down the stairs; you get the picture.

I think it’s fairly unlikely that horse people would be on the jury, with or without these threads.

But if that were the goal, is it pro-MB to try to prevent horse people from being on the jury? Which side would that favor?

Comment

My apology to GiveEmEl was not backhanded, but it was insincere. I was tempted to point out at the time that “backhanded” =/= “insincere”, but restrained myself.

I sometimes do apologize sincerely, but also do use the insincere apology. Last time I used it, I think, was to apologize (insincerely) to smoofox for my taking “affront” for what I imagined were insults.

Sometimes, if I want to stress that the apology is sincere, I’ll write “I apologize (genuine)”. Sometimes the simple “I apologize” is sincere, but sometimes it is not sincere.

So, GiveEmEl, I noticed that at one point you did very clearly retract the claim that LK had been asked to leave a barn in NC but had refused to leave, since it was mere rumor, and not known to you based on information from a principal. And apologized. Kudos to GiveEmEl.

However, within about two pages, GreenWithEnvy appears and says she, GreenWithEnvy was not there, she is never at the center of things herself, but she is knows of “others” (multiple people) in NC who are certain that “LK was asked to leave a barn, ... “ yadda, yadda, yadda.

Sort of looks like a tag team act. GiveEmEl apologizes for spreading a rumor, and takes it off the table. Very quickly, GreenWithEnvy picks the rumor up off the floor, dusts it off, and gingerly puts it back on the table, asserting that “others” know it to be true. Disgusting.

I’m not responsible for what GWE posts. I stand behind my retraction. I heard it from someone at that farm, doesn’t make it true. Which is why I apologized (sincerely). I wasn’t aware GWE was going to pick it back up.
                                    I even messaged a mod to remove all traces of the name of the farm so it was not perpetuated. I don’t know what more I can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiveEmEl View Post

I’m not responsible for what GWE posts. I stand behind my retraction. I heard it from someone at that farm, doesn’t make it true. Which is why I apolo
                                      UH-O!!! You, I, and YankeeDuchess all posted within seconds of each other!! Are we the same person??????

Comment

If LK is supposed to be the Jack Nicholson character, can I remind you that she is not the defendant in a criminal trial?
                                        Please point out exactly where in my post I specified which person was the Jack Nicholson character.

Comment

• Originally posted by smoofox View Post
                                          Careful. Even though what you are suggesting is absolutely in LK's best interests, you may be the focus of a stern, sanctimonious lecture from YD about how rude/awful/evil (pick whatever adjective you like) it is of you to actually suggest to LK that posting is not helping her in any way.

Lauren - it is not helping. It may feel cathartic - but ranting about MH is not going to help you....
                                          Thanks for the advice, but I’ve been around for a long time and I really couldn’t care less about YD.

~ Enjoying some guac and boxed wine at the Blue Saddle inn. ~

Originally posted by LauraKY
                                          I'm sorry, but this has "eau de hoarder" smell all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X