Sport Horse Spotlight

Real Estate Spotlight

Massey_web2

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Barisone Pleads Not Guilty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YankeeDuchess View Post

A recurring theme of GWE is that MB has remained silent, while LK has not. There is a logical reason for this.

There are also logical reasons for LK to have remained silent, but alas, she has not. IMO she has helped the defense more than she'll ever know with her SM posts of the event.

Comment

• By the way, today has been a homemade French Baguette day. My home smells amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mersidoats View Post

The NJ PROMIS/Gavel system only displays defendants who received a conviction. So we will not see Barisone or Cox in that system unless they receive a criminal conviction and sentence.

We, as the general public, cannot see charges against RC on a public database, even if there are, in fact, “official” charges against her, but it seems plausible to me that as the victim of the shooting, LK would be informed of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildLittleWren View Post
          Well at least we have one piece of evidence. YankeeDuchess is not LK!

LK, who would know, said as much, but many refused to believe her, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenWithEnvy View Post

There are also logical reasons for LK to have remained silent, but alas, she has not. IMO she has helped the defense more than she'll ever know with her SM posts of the event.
            Mostly pointing out that by remaining silent, MB is simply acting in his own self interest. It’s not that he is being noble in staying mum regarding his “side” of the case.

To the extent that there is a reason for LK to remain silent, it would be a DIFFERENT reason than MB, since she is not a criminal defendant at risk of narrowing her defense strategy.

Comment

• Is anybody else skipping certain posters' posts because we KNOW it will be yet another debate over semantics?
              Booorrriing!

Comment

• Originally posted by YankeeDuchess View Post

LK, who would know, said as much, but many refused to believe her, apparently.
                I don't ever dare say one poster is another under an alter. But of course, I also have a life and kids and I'm super busy so it's not exactly on my to do list to act as an investigator. Glad you got it cleared up though with the Mods! Now maybe everyone can move on....

Comment

• Originally posted by WildLittleWren View Post

I don't ever dare say one poster is another under an alter. But of course, I also have a life and kids and I'm super busy so it's not exactly on my to do list to act as an investigator. Glad you got it cleared up though with the Mods! Now maybe everyone can move on....
                  BTW, I was NOT the one who contacted the Mods about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BunnyHugger View Post
                    Is anybody else skipping certain posters' posts because we KNOW it will be yet another debate over semantics?
                    Booorrriing!
                    Yesterday I was talking to a friend about it taking me forever to catch up from the weekend postings here and then we both agreed that by skipping one poster worth of posts we will get to the end much more quickly and not miss anything.

On the topic of what we discussed before. Is there a free place to look up people convicted of crimes? If know someone was convicted of a federal crime, can you find out what it actually was?

Comment

• Originally posted by trubandloki View Post
                      On the topic of what we discussed before. Is there a free place to look up people convicted of crimes? If know someone was convicted of a federal crime, can you find out what it actually was?
                      I looked more at PACER and it said while the searches/documents have a fee, if you spend under $15 in a quarter then fees are waived. I may go ahead, to satisfy my morbid curiosity, but can't right now.

"smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Comment

Having read many of these threads and several threads about other controversial topics, I think the best way to keep this thread (and every other thread) from getting closed is to ignore those bating you (on both sides) and to stop calling names.
                        I believe the one side here really wants the threads closed so they will continue to poke and bait. It takes the others to just ignore them to let us continue to discuss stuff.

I think most of the interest in this topic is the same reason there are so many channels and shows that include true crime stuff. If this stuff did not interest people (nothing to do with the person specifically being discussed) shows like Live PD, Dateline, etc would not be available.

I will repeat the given - it is wrong to shoot people.
                        Agreed. I have never understood why some create screen names/accounts just to hold court on specific contentious threads... whether it is/was a George Morris thread or the latest edition of a Barisone thread. It has gotten harder to push through the unrelenting barrage of imperious posts seeking to control the narrative and condemning anything else (good example: people surely MUST be PMing each other just to say how terrible LK is when that was not what was said) but perhaps we can get back to a simple discussion about what is going on without the air of contempt that some insist on brandishing like a light saber.

In other dire news - snowed in here in Puget Sound up on my little hill. Cannot get out - no one can get in. More snow due - and so far power is still on but overbent trees are likely to take it out with more snow tonight. Once that happens it can take days to get it restored. DAYS. The guys who were supposed to install the new generator(s) have not shown up for 2 weeks. The old one was taken away. No generator - no power - no heat - no WELL = no water. I have extra buckets and tubs filled everywhere - and once the snow starts to melt again, I can use the runoff. I turned my ankle on the ice last night and it bloody well HURTS. My bubble wrap stallion has decided that the extreme weather was a perfect trigger for what we suspect is COPD. Vet will not be able to get in here for a while. So the best I can do for him right now is SMZs.

All this and less than 2 miles away on the main road I am sure people are shopping for groceries, laughing over lattes at the corner Starbucks and life is going on as normal.

Back here in the snow.. it is just one-legged me, 2 small terriers and a big Lab/Newf cross struggling to keep 24 horses fed and safe.

Sorry to whiiiiine.... but there it is. There are far greater things of concern than some mythical super secret PM group...

Comment

• Originally posted by smoofox View Post

Agreed. I have never understood why some create screen names/accounts just to hold court on specific contentious threads... whether it is/was a George Morris thread or the latest edition of a Barisone thread. It has gotten harder to push through the unrelenting barrage of imperious posts seeking to control the narrative and condemning anything else (good example: people surely MUST be PMing each other just to say how terrible LK is when that was not what was said) but perhaps we can get back to a simple discussion about what is going on without the air of contempt that some insist on brandishing like a light saber.

In other dire news - snowed in here in Puget Sound up on my little hill. Cannot get out - no one can get in. More snow due - and so far power is still on but overbent trees are likely to take it out with more snow tonight. Once that happens it can take days to get it restored. DAYS. The guys who were supposed to install the new generator(s) have not shown up for 2 weeks. The old one was taken away. No generator - no power - no heat - no WELL = no water. I have extra buckets and tubs filled everywhere - and once the snow starts to melt again, I can use the runoff. I turned my ankle on the ice last night and it bloody well HURTS. My bubble wrap stallion has decided that the extreme weather was a perfect trigger for what we suspect is COPD. Vet will not be able to get in here for a while. So the best I can do for him right now is SMZs.

All this and less than 2 miles away on the main road I am sure people are shopping for groceries, laughing over lattes at the corner Starbucks and life is going on as normal.

Back here in the snow.. it is just one-legged me, 2 small terriers and a big Lab/Newf cross struggling to keep 24 horses fed and safe.

Sorry to whiiiiine.... but there it is. There are far greater things of concern than some mythical super secret PM group...

You have every right to whine!!!! Please stay safe. Wish we were close enough to help!!

Comment

Ooo, was that light saber reference another glimmer of a Star Wars discussion? Not everybody loves recipes, you know.

Sorry you’re snowed in. That stinks, even when you and the animals don’t have soundness issues. I hope the situation is rectified soon!

Comment

Yesterday I was talking to a friend about it taking me forever to catch up from the weekend postings here and then we both agreed that by skipping one poster worth of posts we will get to the end much more quickly and not miss anything.
                              In addition to the feature that would tell you how many posts anyone had on a thread, I also miss the option to block certain posters. I don’t know if I ever actually used it, but it was always nice to know it was a possibility.

Comment

Any chance whatsoever of getting someone with a snowmobile and a bunch of buckets with lids to at least keep everyone hydrated? Bonus points for a toilet that flushes.

Be careful!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFigs View Post
                                  OK, I'm lost. Who's GEE?
                                  *wave* That would be me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FatDinah View Post
                                    Something completely different.
                                    I watched a video of the release/bail hearing. In it, the judge asked if there was a lease agreement. Through his attorney, Barisone said there was no written lease, only a verbal one that they could stay there with her horses in training.
                                    So, does any of the tenant/landlord laws apply? Or, if Barisone ended the training, does that mean housing is ended? Maybe that is what the papers to be signed were, a notice that he was no longer training the horses so they had to vacate?
                                    A housing/rental agreement without a lease is called a month-to-month tenancy. Most states have basic month to month tenancy lawas, but basically the tenant can be asked to leave at the end of the month, and payments cover one month's right to live there, whatever the payments are. An oral agreement would be a month to month tenancy, and in most states, the landlord is under no obligation to offer the property any additional months beyond when he wants to end it. Some sort of notice would be expected, such as 30 days. Getting a tenant to leave who won't requires an eviction. If the landlord accepts another rent payment, the lease is extended for another month. Whatever the agreement was, the landlord has every rightr to end it whenever he wants. If there was a written lease, he would be obligated through the end of the lease. Apparently, MB was not obligated to allow LK to continu living there once he was done with the arrangement, since he didn't have a lease with her, and the agreement was oral.
                                    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Comment

I know some states have apps where you can search this, which ones for which states I am not sure. They use these a lot on the Websleuth forums.
                                      Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by AnotherRound View Post

A housing/rental agreement without a lease is called a month-to-month tenancy. Most states have basic month to month tenancy lawas, but basically the tenant can be asked to leave at the end of the month, and payments cover one month's right to live there, whatever the payments are. An oral agreement would be a month to month tenancy, and in most states, the landlord is under no obligation to offer the property any additional months beyond when he wants to end it. Some sort of notice would be expected, such as 30 days. Getting a tenant to leave who won't requires an eviction. If the landlord accepts another rent payment, the lease is extended for another month. Whatever the agreement was, the landlord has every rightr to end it whenever he wants. If there was a written lease, he would be obligated through the end of the lease. Apparently, MB was not obligated to allow LK to continu living there once he was done with the arrangement, since he didn't have a lease with her, and the agreement was oral.
                                        Do you have this in writing for the state of NJ? Would be interesting to see the actual wording on this if it is true.
                                        Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by BunnyHugger View Post
                                          Is anybody else skipping certain posters' posts because we KNOW it will be yet another debate over semantics?
                                          Booorrriing!
                                          Me. The entire thread becomes interesting and easier to read without the yank and her tiara.
                                          Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X