Sport Horse Spotlight

Friend Or FoeBrantGammaPhotos.WC7B1578

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Maestro Returns ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnotherRound View Post
    I also remember him defending the ride he did in the 4th level class dwhere he only got 40% with his saint of a mare by saying, when someone pointed out to him that his 10 metre circles were 20 meter-some-other-geometry, by saying that he didn't do the small circles in the class because the horse wasn't ready yet to do those movements, so he did the size circles she was able to do well, and it was about the horse and what was good for the horse, not the test, and the judge should have recognized that he was riding the horse at her level and rewarded him mfor the circles he did do. No lie. He really said that, once. Probably only once, but he said it.
    Then WHY didn't he enter her in a class they where ready for? He is so weird. I don't understand how his logic and thinking works.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherRound View Post

Correct me, but I in agreeing with the above, now seem to remember that the class he went in (and won a blue because he was the only one in it) gave him a score which would count towards year end rewards in a local riding club, but he didn't get a year end reward because he didn't do any of the other classes to qualify for an actual reward. This was the solid second level horse he claimed he had trained and was riding in a training level test. Yes, he got a ribbon because his score was over 60%.

Sort like someone elese we know in LaLa land who says they got an award they only partially qualified for, but didn't complete.
      The two of them are way too similar!
      Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

Originally posted by Cardboardoux View Post

Then WHY didn't he enter her in a class they where ready for? He is so weird. I don't understand how his logic and thinking works.

Your giving him too much credit, he doesn’t think, well not logically.

Sits and ponders......he might to be onto something though...

Dear judge, I know that 10m circles are asked for, but today Chuck Is identifying as a sideboard, and cannot possibly bend, so we will be doing 20m octagons, I hope you won’t upset him by marking him down.
        "He's not even a good pathological liar." Mara

"You're just a very desperate troll, and not even a good one. You're like middle-school troll at best. Like a goblin, not even a troll." et_fig

Comment

Originally posted by Cardboardoux View Post

I don't understand how his logic and thinking works.
          It doesn't.
          "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Comment

Originally posted by KBC View Post

Dear judge, I know that 10m circles are asked for, but today Chuck Is identifying as a sideboard, and cannot possibly bend, so we will be doing 20m octagons, I hope you won’t upset him by marking him down.

Comment

I don't understand why these threads persist. The only other time I commented on this person, I got a warning note from a mod and my post was deleted. All it did was say that the person being discussed obviously has an illness that is not physical (maybe that is PC enough wording to keep from getting in trouble again?) and probably should not be such a fascinating topic of conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
                He's been banned from here under so many names I have lost count.
                He can still comment under his account name "Nick Peronace" from the original thread that started it all. That name was never banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Joanne View Post

He can still comment under his account name "Nick Peronace" from the original thread that started it all. That name was never banned.
                  No way. Must have been an oversight since so many alters have been banned. You know, his "students" or "clients" who always post such glowing reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by LiberalSnowflake View Post
                    Someone mentioned his name in the last closed LK thread and I'd not heard of him for ages, but it appears he's back with a blog post and "This blog needs to go viral and everyone in the dressage community needs to read it, share it, and fix this eminent destruction of our sport!", so here goes ...

https://nickperonace1.wordpress.com/...GxlfPeu8D_ndzw
                    me reading one sentence:

And I'm spent.
                    Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GiveEmEl View Post
                      He recently added me on Facebook...I had no idea who the guy was, so I clicked "accept" (I accept all horse people...connections, ya know?) and oh boy what a character.
                      Be careful. I never added him, but NP got his hands on a picture of me getting a pony ride on my pony during my first time on him after he got restarted, and NP used it as an example of "fat ugly women who should not be riding horses" (newsflash: not a woman!) and smeared me on social media. He messaged me from a fake account, claiming to be NP's manager or PR person, trying to get my personal info to "send me a personal apology for Nick's alcohol-induced behaviour", and when I declined he then started attacking me telling me I deserve to be beat and r**ed for "subjecting horses to my fat a** and abusive hands". I'll attach the photo in question to the bottom of this post to show just how ridiculous these accusations were.

I had never said a negative thing about him, but was friends with someone who was very publicly vocal about how ridiculous he is, and unfortunately he went through her friends list looking for material and, unfortunately, Facebook allows non-friends to see anyone's profile picture and cover photo/header, which is how he got my photo. Sigh.

He is an extremely toxic and delusional individual and is happy to drag anyone through the mud for any little thing.
                      Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!
                      Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe
                      FAQs

Comment

Oh, Ceylon Star , I remember that. He actually made a Facebook page with that name, with pictures he stole from people's pages. Your last sentence says it all, you have to wonder about someone who thinks making that Facebook page was OK.
                        Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Comment

Originally posted by J-Lu View Post
                          Oh, Ceylon Star , I remember that. He actually made a Facebook page with that name, with pictures he stole from people's pages. Your last sentence says it all, you have to wonder about someone who thinks making that Facebook page was OK.
                          It was a fustercluck and a half. Most of the people he attacked were, in fact, openly mocking him. I actually made an attempt to get my friend whose profile he found me/my photo from to calm down and be less nasty in her comments about him (things like he needed to get kicked in the head, or taken out and shot, etc). She was going way overboard and I privately kept telling her to calm down and be less aggressive in her public comments. I even told "the manager"/NP that I didn't approve of the nastiness being spewed, and to please leave me out of it.

He ended up making the fat ugly riders page secret, because people were trying to defend the riders he was slandering, but Facebook gave zero farts and said the page didn't go against their ToS. There was a mole on the secret page for well over a year, who confirmed it was still going and shared screenshots with the group of targeted riders, but I eventually left the group chat where she was sharing the info for my mental health sake.

Snarky Rider did a blog post shortly after NP started attacking riders and doxing us (or at least doxing in his half-assed way) where she pointed out why he was misguided about (some of) us being too big or abusive by riding, etc. She was very kind to me, and the post she made was a good one. But the whole situation really messed me up for a while there.
                          Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!
                          Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe
                          FAQs

Comment

Originally posted by Ceylon Star View Post

He is an extremely toxic and delusional individual and is happy to drag anyone through the mud for any little thing.
                            This describes Nick Peronace well.

Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Comment

That's exactly the kind of mess i would worry about getting pulled into. I think if I was FB friends with someone who was FB friends with someone like NP or SW or LK, I would really consider blocking the known problem on FB so they couldn't see any of my information. SW was another one who grabbed personal images of ordinary ammies off social media and put them up on her blog as part of her vendettas.

​​​​​

Comment

Ceylon Star that's terrible! I'm so sorry you had to be subjected to that. He's a piece of... work.

It's just so ridiculous that people such as NP and SW cry "cyber bullying" all the time, when they're some of the biggest offenders. They are not the victims.

Occasionally in searching for some dressage related video or tip I see a video come up and the author is Dressage Hub, I do not click it.

I really can't tell if people are trolling or truly delusional sometimes. Could be a combo of both.

Comment

Originally posted by CanteringCarrot View Post
                                  [USER="187304"]
                                  Occasionally in searching for some dressage related video or tip I see a video come up and the author is Dressage Hub, I do not click it.
                                  Generally: If you then refine the search you may find that the video is on another site. This being the case with the video of CDJ on the gray horse; a link to the video on the DH site was posted on Allan Buck's "Correct Dressage Schooling Discussions" Facebook page, I did a quick search and found it on what I believe to be the original youtube site which is the link to which I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Nous View Post
                                    Generally: If you then refine the search you may find that the video is on another site. This being the case with the video of CDJ on the gray horse; a link to the video on the DH site was posted on Allan Buck's "Correct Dressage Schooling Discussions" Facebook page, I did a quick search and found it on what I believe to be the original youtube site which is the link to which I posted.

It is guaranteed that if it's a quality video she has just lifted it from another reputable site. And if it's a shame the ammie vendetta video she's lifted it from FB or YouTube. I don't think she makes any original material now, especially as she was banned from the Florida venues a few years back ( as I learned on COTH).

Comment

Originally posted by Nous View Post

The Reverend...another blast from the past

Comment

Originally posted by Ceylon Star View Post

It was a fustercluck and a half. Most of the people he attacked were, in fact, openly mocking him. I actually made an attempt to get my friend whose profile he found me/my photo from to calm down and be less nasty in her comments about him (things like he needed to get kicked in the head, or taken out and shot, etc). She was going way overboard and I privately kept telling her to calm down and be less aggressive in her public comments. I even told "the manager"/NP that I didn't approve of the nastiness being spewed, and to please leave me out of it.

He ended up making the fat ugly riders page secret, because people were trying to defend the riders he was slandering, but Facebook gave zero farts and said the page didn't go against their ToS. There was a mole on the secret page for well over a year, who confirmed it was still going and shared screenshots with the group of targeted riders, but I eventually left the group chat where she was sharing the info for my mental health sake.

Snarky Rider did a blog post shortly after NP started attacking riders and doxing us (or at least doxing in his half-assed way) where she pointed out why he was misguided about (some of) us being too big or abusive by riding, etc. She was very kind to me, and the post she made was a good one. But the whole situation really messed me up for a while there.
                                        Omg it was going for a year?? He put me on there too even though I had never said a word (most I ever did was maybe like a comment), and I was super skinny then so I guess mine was the ugly part. I was on Snarky Rider's page too, he post a pic of me on a relatively fresh-off-the-track TB, my first one ever, so essentially a green horse. That shockingly wasn't up to his dressage standards. *eyeroll*

Comment

• How does this guy find time to hold down a “real” job and support a family?

Ceylon Star, I am so sorry your health was messed with by such deliberate meanness of spirit. It boggles the mind how he sees himself as the victim when he so willingly hurts others.

Edited to add...oh the irony...he has publically acknowledged the toll his diet of burgers and cheese have taken on his body. He is not the image of dressage-fit. Like the pot calling the kettle black. There is more fitness that needs to be done than “majikally” changing the diet.

Comment

Working...
                                          X