Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You're responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it--details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums' policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it's understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users' profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses -- Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it's related to a horse for sale, regardless of who's selling it, it doesn't belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions -- Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services -- Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products -- While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements -- Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be "bumped" excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues -- Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators' discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you'd rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user's membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

The Maestro Returns ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only a "special snowflake" would say, "I did not do a 10m circle as the horse is not ready, therefore I have altered the test." That is not noble, it is entitled and weird. If the horse isn't ready, then you don't present them at that level. Even if they can do some other movements at that level. Patience my meatloafy friend. Patience.

If my horse is not ready, I don't compete in that test/level. Crazy, I know. I also prefer to school one level higher than I compete. Also crazy.

Comment

What's going on with the chin strap on his helmet on the right side in those pics? It looks like its separated, it doesn't come together below his ear like it's supposed to.

Comment

Is his saddle also too small for his butt?
        I care more about whether the saddle fits the horse than Nick's butt comfort, especially since he thuds hard onto her back with every canter stride. However, he looks to be filling that saddle out from front to back.

Comment

Thanks Joanne.

Comment

My guess is that he doesn't know the size of a ten meter circle, rode to the edges of the arena, and then when called on his lack of knowledge, made up the excuse the mare wasn't ready. Sadly, had he shown her at training level she would have probably scored quite well...only brought down by the rider score.
            "Argue for your limitations and you get to keep them."
            -Richard S. Bach

Comment

Originally posted by Joanne View Post

Here is Carpathia:

Nick teaching the piaffe (240 views) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S44jVunhkCs

How Nick rides a spooky horse (321 views):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eTO8BFMJ3E
              Thank you for posting the video links.

The one of the horse spooking isn't bad. For his level of riding ability he makes it work and his horse seems to quickly get over being spooky in the shadows and they quietly ride on. Do I like what he does with his hands, no. But 30 some years ago I was taught to lightly 'see-saw' the reins to get my horses head down. This was by a local hunter trainer. I've since learned better but, it's not the worst mistake to make. Do I think the guy is a tool, yes. But I liked the way he handled it better than the riders that force their horse to stand and look at the scary object/place or the ones that go to the whip. The video of his in-hand work was sad. His horse has such a lovely brain.

Comment

Truly, the only gripe I have with his riding (aside from his claim that he is THE perfect example of How To Dressage) is his thumping on her back. He doesn't dig his heels into her sides or try to rearrange her teeth with the bit.

I think somewhere there are pictures of her wearing a gag bit, which could have been scary. But since he's Mr. Reins Of Silk he never established or asked for enough contact for the gag bit to be a problem.

All things considered, I have no quibbles with how he cared for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
                  I think somewhere there are pictures of her wearing a gag bit, which could have been scary. But since he's Mr. Reins Of Silk he never established or asked for enough contact for the gag bit to be a problem.
                  Ugh. gag bits. Now, many moons ago, I had a new to me horse, a pretty solid Training Level event horse with scope for a lot more. But he was big, and while I rode him in a French link eggbutt snaffle for dressage, the first time I took him cross-country, my trainer insisted I use a gag. Fortunately, it was a Shrewbury pattern gag that I used with double reins, so I was riding off the plain snaffle and the gag only came into play if there was an issue. We found on that cross-country round that rather than getting heavy and on the forehand, the longer and faster he went, the higher he galloped. I didn't use the gag at all and took it off the bridle and replaced it with a Dr. Bristol. Now, another trainer came up to me at that event and asked if he could borrow the gag. I was like "? - well, okay." He went xcountry later that day. He had removed the snaffle rein and rode entire on the gag. The horse totally quit on him about two-thirds of the way through the course.

Comment

Truly, the only gripe I have with his riding (aside from his claim that he is THE perfect example of How To Dressage) is his thumping on her back. He doesn't dig his heels into her sides or try to rearrange her teeth with the bit.

The gripe I have with his riding is that he claims to be a Grand-Prix level, when clearly he is a Training / First Level rider at best.

Comment

Originally posted by BigMama1 View Post

The gripe I have with his riding is that he claims to be a Grand-Prix level, when clearly he is a Training / First Level rider at best.
                      More like walk-trot/training at best.
                      Curious about Trans* issues? Feel free to ask!
                      Saving Pennies To Get My Own Canoe
                      FAQs

Comment

I agree. The man cannot canter. And I disagree that the "Scary" video with her throwing her head up to shy is at all laudible. He advocates stopping the horse to walk to "collect yourself" and get over the spook. Essentially teaching your horse that is was indeed scary, and the near-bolt will get you out of the work. He hauls on her under the tree again, with reins far to long to make contact, with his inside rein back at his hip, almost having been unseated. The entire video is an embarassment. In the paws and rewind shots at a canter (27-the 30's), he's tipped forward in a quasi half seat leaning over his hands, or on them, possibly, where a horse could'nt possibly sit back and use their hind end. If the mare stopped, he'd go right over her head. His riding isn't good hunter riding, much less dressage.My opinion.
                        Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Comment

The only gripe I have with Mr. Peronace is that he is a dishonest poser who attempts to take money from unsuspecting people by advertising himself in a fraudulent manner.

I do have a "quibble" with him giving a COTH member's address as his own, and using pictures of other people's farms, which he has done more than once, saying untruthfully that he "trains" there.

I can only hope that most people understand him by now for the fraud that he is, and will not let him near their horses or farms. I feel free to say this because he has admitted to lying on the old thread, and has been exposed as being dishonest many times over.

Anyone who demonstrates such anger issues as does Mr. Peronace, losing their cool by shouting vulgarities at a farm owner who won't hire him, because when put on a horse it was obvious that he had lied about his "training" qualifications and proved to the farm owner that he could not ride the horse, who does the same in voicemail, and then uses photos of her farm without permission to pretend that he trains horses at her farm, is not acceptable and not harmless.

I couldn't care less if a deluded person fancies themselves to be a Maestro dressage trainer and lies about their credentials on the internet, especially whilst providing proof of their incompetence in photo and video form . People can now see that for what it is.

My problem is with the actual attempt to profit from people who don't know better. the record of dishonesty, and the desperate willingness to follow through on his delusions, IE the begging to come to your farm and give a "free" clinic, because no one will pay.

Comment

Let me add to the above. He bullies people.

And when called out on it with evidence, he whines that he is the one being bullied. That is such cowardly playground behaviour. It is not adult behaviour. Nobody can respect that.

And the story never changes. Same ole, same ole...”me and my majikal techniques.” Same ole whine...poor little me.

Comment

Imo, not conditioning the horse so that she is physically able to do the work isn't quality care. A rider whos horse shows a neck like that (in those pics) is not fed well enough, nor worked appropriately for the work he says he asks of her.
                              Good caretaking, to me, begins with being fair. He was not fair to her, by the looks of her lack of muscling*, by what we see in that video of that in hand work, or from what we know of his dedication to learning, humility or lack of ego wrt riding as an endeavor, or ... anything...

* in those pics from smugmug.
                              Last edited by Angela Freda; Feb. 4, 2020, 08:44 AM.
                              Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

Originally posted by skydy View Post

The only gripe I have with Mr. Peronace is that he is a dishonest poser who attempts to take money from unsuspecting people by advertising himself in a fraudulent manner.

I do have a "quibble" with him giving a COTH member's address as his own, and using pictures of other people's farms, which he has done more than once, saying untruthfully that he "trains" there.

I can only hope that most people understand him by now for the fraud that he is, and will not let him near their horses or farms. I feel free to say this because he has admitted to lying on the old thread, and has been exposed as being dishonest many times over.

Anyone who demonstrates such anger issues as does Mr. Peronace, losing their cool by shouting vulgarities at a farm owner who won't hire him, because when put on a horse it was obvious that he had lied about his "training" qualifications and proved to the farm owner that he could not ride the horse, who does the same in voicemail, and then uses photos of her farm without permission to pretend that he trains horses at her farm, is not acceptable and not harmless.

I couldn't care less if a deluded person fancies themselves to be a Maestro dressage trainer and lies about their credentials on the internet, especially whilst providing proof of their incompetence in photo and video form . People can now see that for what it is.

My problem is with the actual attempt to profit from people who don't know better. the record of dishonesty, and the desperate willingness to follow through on his delusions, IE the begging to come to your farm and give a "free" clinic, because no one will pay.
                                Oh I have plenty of issues with his behavior! Something is really wrong with his wiring; I've known 10 year olds with more emotional maturity.

But his riding is far from the worst ever. Yes, I know he thinks he's among the best ever and could have gone to the Olympics but for breed prejudice, but that's his crazy, not his actual horse care.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela Freda View Post

Imo, not conditioning the horse so that she is physically able to do the work isn't quality care. A rider whos horse shows a neck like that (in those pics) is not fed well enough, nor worked appropriately for the work he says he asks of her.
                                  Good caretaking, to me, begins with being fair. He was not fair to her, by the looks of her lack of muscling*, by what we see in that video of that in hand work, or from what we know of his dedication to learning, humility or lack of ego wrt riding as an endeavor, or ... anything...

* in those pics from smugmug.
                                  Fortunately the mare is smart enough that she was able to take care of herself, and he is ignorant enough to not realize she was managing to evade the bit and mosey comfortably around on her forehand.

Comment

IIRC, she was a lesson horse at a hunter barn before he purchased her. So she had a flying lead change which she would happily and lazily do when crossing the diagonal (he of course considered them 4th level changes, which they were....not). She knew darn well exactly how much effort she had to put in, and how "hot" she had to get to scare him into backing off. Smart girl. I hope her new people adore her.

Comment

Her new people do adore her. They think, though, that they bought a 4th level dressage horse, and that she is "teaching her new rider" dressage. while they have bought his lines hook and sinker, they take lovely care of her and love her beyond words, according to their posts on his FB pages. His new rider did well in intro and training last year, when she showed her at local shows, scoring in the 60s I believe. When Nick found out about those, he crowed that she won year end awards or something which I don't think she did, but she She is beloved and well cared for, which is all a horse could ever really care about.
                                      Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

Comment

Maybe I've been riding my PRE for too long now, but his huge reaction to her really small reaction seemed so amplified to me. I'm not sure if he was going that route for the sake of an example in the video? But something like that truly was small enough to just keep going and pay no mind. No need to stop and recover and go back multiple times.

I have a very reactive horse though. Maybe he has never been on a truly hot and sensitive horse before?
                                        "I am but a passenger on this ship"
                                        -- Stendal (epitaph)

Comment

Originally posted by emipou View Post
                                          Maybe I've been riding my PRE for too long now, but his huge reaction to her really small reaction seemed so amplified to me. I'm not sure if he was going that route for the sake of an example in the video? But something like that truly was small enough to just keep going and pay no mind. No need to stop and recover and go back multiple times.

I have a very reactive horse though. Maybe he has never been on a truly hot and sensitive horse before?
                                          If he had, he'd have been launched in minutes.
                                          Proud member of the Snort and Blow Clique

Comment

Working...
                                          X