Sport Horse Spotlight

calucci_cf_sq

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky Prestige Dressage Saddle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Prestige Dressage Saddle

Does anyone ride in a Lucky Prestige? It is advertised as a child/petite adult cross over saddle. I found several old threads (10+ years old) recommending it for petite riders on short backed ponies. I'm pretty petite but still often end up with a 16.5-17" saddle so the idea of a 16" seat for an adult seems like a tight fit. I'd love insight from anyone who has one or has ridden in one.

I'm not terribly tall (5'4) and perhaps petite, but the Lucky ultimately didn't work for me. I had one for my short backed horse for a few months. The saddle fitter swore it fit me, but I think it really didn't. The seat was a bit small, but also the flap wasn't enough.

Comment

• Original Poster

Originally posted by CanteringCarrot View Post
      I'm not terribly tall (5'4) and perhaps petite, but the Lucky ultimately didn't work for me. I had one for my short backed horse for a few months. The saddle fitter swore it fit me, but I think it really didn't. The seat was a bit small, but also the flap wasn't enough.
      The flap wasn't enough in terms of length or structure?

Comment

Prestige seats are known to run big from the stamped size - I see lots of saddles stamped 17" that measure 17.5-17.75", for example, and they don't come in half sizes. So if you are truly comfortable in a 16.5" dressage saddle, it could definitely work.

I would love to try one, but have literally never seen a used one for sale so that's all I have to offer. I am 5'7" on a 14h pony who also has a short, curvy back. I have a leather Tekna here to try on him this week (which I vaguely recall rumor here that Teknas are on the same tree as Prestige? But certainly don't quote me there).

Comment

I have one ... and love it. I ride my 13.2 fellow in it. We've had it for 5 years.

I am barely 5' and 112 pounds. Short legs. I have the XS flaps.

My 13 yr old granddaughter - 5'3" - is now getting a bit long in the leg for it. The blocks have Velcro, so we could move them for her.

A longer-legged person would have the choice of longer flaps.

Comment

Working...
          X