Sport Horse Spotlight

Fasino-12-16-07-175

Real Estate Spotlight

Sale Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA - SH Productions Clinics (Laura Graves) Cancelled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only dressage show listed for the Galway venue is a CDS San Diego chapter show in the fall.
    The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

Fyre Festival Syndrome
      "Friend" me !

http://www.facebook.com/isabeau.solace

Comment

Originally posted by rothmpp View Post
        This is not even remotely surprising. I know someone who was one of his vendors who had an incredibly difficult time getting paid.

the sandiest shoes did you report the lack of a refund to the USEF? I would. They had approval over his prize list. While I don't know if they would make you whole, and now that he is not running shows, they have no way to pressure him, they should have it on file for him if he ever applies for USEF rated dates in the future that he does not abide by the terms of his prize list that they approved.
        this is a great idea that I didn't think of - thanks
        Mr. Sandman
        sand me a man
        make him so sandy
        the sandiest man

Comment

Rumor has is that none of Mr. Hayes' shows will be held in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by rothmpp View Post

the sandiest shoes did you report the lack of a refund to the USEF? I would. They had approval over his prize list. While I don't know if they would make you whole, and now that he is not running shows, they have no way to pressure him, they should have it on file for him if he ever applies for USEF rated dates in the future that he does not abide by the terms of his prize list that they approved.
            Agree that USEF needs to know. There is a rule about refunding with 30 days. As for abiding by the terms of the USEF approved prize list, it's been my experience that USEF will not stand by their approval and will simply refer people back to show management. In my case the show accepted entries and ran a class as a USEF (then AHSA) championship that didn't exist.

Comment

https://www.chronofhorse.com/article...er-two-seasons

Some interesting info here.

From the article:

“The decision to discontinue the 2019 license for the West Coast Dressage Festival was the result of the organizer’s failure to satisfy conditions agreed to by the parties,” said Bill Moroney, CEO of the U.S. Equestrian Federation. “We are actively working with organizers in the region who have expressed interest in obtaining new competition licenses, and we will continue to support efforts made to offer CDI competition on the West Coast in 2020.”

”SH Productions is now on indefinite hiatus as well.”

Comment

I can't believe the FEI approved multiple dates for a manager who had never run even a USEF rated show.

Dressage shows are renouned for not being big money-makers, especially if you don't have the contacts and infrastructure in place.

CDIs are even more of a financial drain, with the expense involved in the expanded judging panel and necessary officials and support staff (secured stabling that needs at minimum 24/7 access point staffing is just one position that comes to mind).

While I think SH massively overestimated his ability to run a show - I also think he was set up to fail giving him multiple dates with CDIs with no experience running shows at all.

Comment

Is $140 a normal price for an auditor ticket? That seems insane. Rutledge Farm's Master Series pulls in clinicians of that ilk and you can buy a season-long auditor pass for around $90. The riders pay a higher fee to participate than most places charge. I thought it was ridiculous until we went to the Peter Wylde clinic. Having watched that clinic I now think its a value add for the auditors because you're watching riders who have the skill to fully effect the clinician's instructions.

Comment

I asked Dressage News if they planned on a follow up story on SH, here was his reply "Two CDIs at Temecula are on the FEI calendar for 2020. If you have questions about management of shows, suggest address them to USEF."
                    "The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli"

Comment

Originally posted by NJRider View Post
                      I asked Dressage News if they planned on a follow up story on SH, here was his reply "Two CDIs at Temecula are on the FEI calendar for 2020. If you have questions about management of shows, suggest address them to USEF."
                      As of yesterday the only dressage show on the USEF calendar in Temecula was the SD CDS chapter one. But I realize that USEF isn’t FEI.
                      The Evil Chem Prof

Comment

Originally posted by Peggy View Post

As of yesterday the only dressage show on the USEF calendar in Temecula was the SD CDS chapter one. But I realize that USEF isn’t FEI.
                        The only one I saw on USDF's calendar in Temecula is one next July 11-12 called the July Jubilee.

The AWCDF November shows are still shown on the calendar but it also says "Canceled" very clearly. Actually, it says "Cancelled" so maybe they were canceled out of Canada or the UK.

The Spring shows Scott planned in Temecula aren't even appearing on the USDF calendar at this point. It must not marry to USEF's calendar.

Comment

Working...
                        X