Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

barn1
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlJoeymy heart breaks for what you’ve been through. The more I hear about Lauren, the more evil and dangerous she sounds. It’s just mind boggling that he was unable to get help in getting her kicked off the farm.

Comment

• Please let me know if I’m able to attach snapshot photos of a conversation we had I took out all her cursewords

Comment

• Originally posted by Girl Joey View Post
        I personally have never met Lauren Kanarek however, I have been mentally tortured by her for four years. I lost my son via drowning and she accuse me on my Facebook wall of murdering him because a di#k was in my a++ while he drowned. S he has been stalking me for four years posting things about my fiancé she dated 25 years ago and lied and cheated on him. This girl is a pathological liar and I have proof for all my claims . I don’t have a couple pages I have thousands of text messages she sent me via Facebook messenger that are the most heartbreaking disgusting things you could ever read . She had the audacity to write on her Facebook wall which is still there that I was trying do you follow her on Twitter. When in actuality I was trying to block her because I knew what she did on my Facebook wall. I was new to Twitter and I didn’t know how to hit Block. Somebody went on her Facebook wall and deleted all of her and sick messages. I just so happen to have taken snapshots of some. I am not sure if I am allowed to attach her written text messages to me that are the most disgusting thing I’ve ever read . I actually feel bad for her fiancé Robert Guy Goodwin, One girl that was friends with him since childhood wrote hello to him on his Facebook wall and iLauren n return wrote that her that her vagina smelledl like cottage cheese out of jealousy. She is neurotic and jealous of every guy she’s ever dated but so freely cheats on each one of them. She is honestly one of the most evil, sick, vicious people I have ever met with such an ugly heart. I am a Christian and I never prayed for death, I truly hope she survives this For Michael Barisone,‘s sake. I am a witness to how she drives somebody so insane they would want to cause her physical pain. I would have never have taken the plunge of shooting her. However you all have no idea how much she tortured Mary Haskins and Michael Barisone, I have proof I am just waiting for the actual truth of the storm to get out on the news . I personally have contacted every new station to give them the truth about this lunatic. I am sympathetic to her family for everything they are going to deal with through it all. May God bless his blessings upon Michael, Mary, Robert guy and all their families . If somebody would let me know if I have the ability to attach text messages with cursewords in it please let me know
        edit out the cursewords!

Comment

• Originally posted by Girl Joey View Post
          I personally have never met Lauren Kanarek however, I have been mentally tortured by her for four years. I lost my son via drowning and she accuse me on my Facebook wall of murdering him because a di#k was in my a++ while he drowned. S he has been stalking me for four years posting things about my fiancé she dated 25 years ago and lied and cheated on him. This girl is a pathological liar and I have proof for all my claims . I don’t have a couple pages I have thousands of text messages she sent me via Facebook messenger that are the most heartbreaking disgusting things you could ever read . She had the audacity to write on her Facebook wall which is still there that I was trying do you follow her on Twitter. When in actuality I was trying to block her because I knew what she did on my Facebook wall. I was new to Twitter and I didn’t know how to hit Block. Somebody went on her Facebook wall and deleted all of her and sick messages. I just so happen to have taken snapshots of some. I am not sure if I am allowed to attach her written text messages to me that are the most disgusting thing I’ve ever read . I actually feel bad for her fiancé Robert Guy Goodwin, One girl that was friends with him since childhood wrote hello to him on his Facebook wall and iLauren n return wrote that her that her vagina smelledl like cottage cheese out of jealousy. She is neurotic and jealous of every guy she’s ever dated but so freely cheats on each one of them. She is honestly one of the most evil, sick, vicious people I have ever met with such an ugly heart. I am a Christian and I never prayed for death, I truly hope she survives this For Michael Barisone,‘s sake. I am a witness to how she drives somebody so insane they would want to cause her physical pain. I would have never have taken the plunge of shooting her. However you all have no idea how much she tortured Mary Haskins and Michael Barisone, I have proof I am just waiting for the actual truth of the storm to get out on the news . I personally have contacted every new station to give them the truth about this lunatic. I am sympathetic to her family for everything they are going to deal with through it all. May God bless his blessings upon Michael, Mary, Robert guy and all their families . If somebody would let me know if I have the ability to attach text messages with cursewords in it please let me know
          Wow, look at the time. It must be wine o'clock.
          Not my circus, not my monkeys!

Comment

• Originally posted by Watchturtle View Post
            "Don't poke the badger", said Common Sense.
            "I've poked plenty of kitties and bunnies and puppies and nothing ever happened", She said, "Besides, I've poked Mr. Badger before and all He does is growl and snarl."
            "Don't poke the badger", said Common Sense, louder.
            (Several iteration of the above)
            "Watch this", She said, "I bet that Mr. Badger will react when I poke his babies."
            And He did.
            This. 100%.

Stacy
            www.rushtonstables.com

Comment

• I bought a farm last winter. It has issues - code violations, etc. The former owner had a 60 day lease back during which the county came out to issue a code violation for "manure stockpiling". She stopped hauling off manure a few weeks before we closed on the property. Approximately 20 horses on 3.8 acres in CA with no manure haul off. It was bad. Really bad.

I kept part of her security deposit to cover the fees for hauling off the manure. I was one thousand percent in the right, with a clear lease contract about the conditions and the law absolutely on my side.

The woman was beyond unreasonable. I had a few glimpses of it during the sales process but nothing prepared me for the lengths this woman went to over a very small amount of money. It was ... very scary. Pages of emails, highlighted in red. Over and over and over.

I was faced with mediation or court. To go to court would have cost me many, many thousands of dollars. I ended up giving her half of the money back to go away. It was a complete nightmare and nothing I would wish on my worst enemy.

Again I was absolutely, completely in the right legally and she was completely wrong (but convinced she was right).

It was ... insane. And you can't reason with crazy.

I have saved up for like 20 years to buy this place. It was really, really upsetting and I was reduced to tears during a meeting with the mediator because I had been pushed to my breaking point by the behavior of this woman. And what that woman did to me was nothing like this situation.

He shouldn't have shot her, but I have absolutely no doubt based on her FB posting alone that she was behaving in a way that threatened everything about his life. He handled it completely wrong and will pay for it probably by loosing everything. But calling CPS on you? ICE? Very publicly indicating that you will ruin someone? And he can't get her out? Everyone does have a breaking point.

Even when the law is completely on your side, getting something from point A to point B is not as easy as one would think. She should have been off the property, 100%. There should have been a legal way to get her out quickly.

Comment

• Girl Joey, best to give the screen shots to MB's defense attorney and NOT post them here. You would only give the prosecutor an opportunity to build a defense against them, because this is a public forum.

Comment

• Truth!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowette View Post

Knights Mom, I can see this in a regular lease/rental agreement, but in a case like this, where there is no paperwork, how will that work?

In a “no paperwork” sort of case, as this one seems to be, couldn’t one just say “I didn’t know they were in there! I had to take the doors off to air out and dry the place because of the mold in the basement! The Fire Marshall said we had to take care of the bad problem!”

What say ye NJ experts?
                    In my state even if the people are squatters as long as they have been in a residence more than 30 days the ONLY way to evict them is via a court order of eviction that came to be via the filing of a Holdover case.

Even if the tenants are unknown to the landlord and entered 32 days ago via a broken window, there still must be a court order.

On Monday I issued a warrant of eviction for John and Jane Doe and John/Jane Does 2 thru 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by dog&horsemom View Post
                      Knights Mom - why is it so hard to remove a tenant when they are unwelcome, months behind in rent etc. Just curious.
                      Because people suck.

My house is a mother/daughter and I will not rent because I know me. If I needed a tenant to be gone and they hadn't left after a number of months I'd be tempted to burn my house down (figuratively speaking of course).

The laws are made to protect tenants. Landlords get short end of the stick.

If you EVER think of renting I highly advise going to the Landlord/Tenant courts around you and looking up any prospective tenant for prior cases.

One of our serial bad tenants is a good looking middle aged white Male with his wife and kid that go from place to place moving in then not paying his rent. He drives a BMW and wears a Rolex. Walks around the neighborhood like he's a good guy. When the landlord takes him to court, they trash the place and destroy it. I've evicted him at least 6 times so far from different places.

Comment

• Oh and btw NEVER EVER EVER depend on a tenant's rent to pay your mortgage. Have seen MANY foreclosures this way. And then I have to process evictions filed by the bank to evict both the tenant and former owner.

Comment

• I don't practice tenant law, but from my understanding, and this is state dependent (I also don't practice in the US), tenant law can be downright frustrating. Borderline stupid. In some instances I don't even know why there are even rental properties because the landlords have little to no rights or capabilites. They literally have to sit and watch someone destroy their properties and not pay a cent with very little or no recourse. Again, state dependant. But heck, I don't care how much money I *could* earn, you couldn't pay me to be a landlord in some places. So I can understand frustration in a tenant situation.

But what this comes down to is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

Comment

• Lauren Kanarek sounds horrific! A nightmare come to life!

Comment

• Originally posted by hut-ho78

Thank you.
                              There is literally no basis for the assertion that she would be dead if not for [insert baseless claim about proximity to a trauma center]

because 1. none of us were there and 2. none of us can see the future.
                              Originally posted by PeanutButterPony
                              you can shackle your pony to a lawn chair at the show...so long as its in a conservative color.

Comment

• Originally posted by soloudinhere View Post

There is literally no basis for the assertion that she would be dead if not for [insert baseless claim about proximity to a trauma center]

because 1. none of us were there and 2. none of us can see the future.
                                I do not assert that she would be dead, apparently some lack reading comprehension ... I stated "I believe" she most likely would... usually they bleed out as many rural areas do not have access of a nearby Level 1 trauma center.

If there had not been a Level 1 trauma center very close by (there are only about 200 in the entire US) usually there is an attempt to stabilize then pitch the victim on air transport to a better place
                                Not responsible for typographical errors.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanM View Post

I've read about another state where a new landlord bought a property with two month-to-month tenants, and neither paid rent for months, and the landlady was paying each one $10,000 to leave the apartments (it was California, so they could have been rented bedrooms too), and was slogging through the procedures in housing court trying to get the tenants evicted. Some people are well versed in tenant/landlord laws for their state, and know how to keep a case delayed in housing court (where housing court exists). Honestly, I don't know why anyone becomes a landlord any more.
                                  Pro tip: If a house you are buying has tenants in it that you dont want, make it a condition of closing that the seller have the place vacant before you will sign.
                                  The Noodlehttp://tiny.cc/NGKmT&http://tiny.cc/gioSA
                                  Jinxyhttp://tiny.cc/PIC798&http://tiny.cc/jinx364
                                  Boy Wonderhttp://tiny.cc/G9290
                                  The Hana is nuts! NUTS!!http://tinyurl.com/SOCRAZY

Comment

• Originally posted by exploding pony View Post
                                    I bought a farm last winter. It has issues - code violations, etc. The former owner had a 60 day lease back during which the county came out to issue a code violation for "manure stockpiling". She stopped hauling off manure a few weeks before we closed on the property.
                                    So why did you close on the property?
                                    "This deal isn't closing until you fix the manure situation" is a pretty powerful negotiating position.
                                    The Noodlehttp://tiny.cc/NGKmT&http://tiny.cc/gioSA
                                    Jinxyhttp://tiny.cc/PIC798&http://tiny.cc/jinx364
                                    Boy Wonderhttp://tiny.cc/G9290
                                    The Hana is nuts! NUTS!!http://tinyurl.com/SOCRAZY

Comment

• Originally posted by farmpony84 View Post
                                      NOTE: THIS IS TOTAL MAKE-BELIEVE ON MY PART....

I wonder if the girlfriend blew a gasket after social services left, grabbed her gun and said she was headed over to "kill that witch" so he took the gun away and told her he would handle the situation - got there and still happened to have the gun, things got out of control and in a moment, made a mistake that would effect everyones lives...

AGAIN - TOTAL MAKE-BELIEVE... but.... could be plausable....

To me, this seems to be the most logical theory, and my favorite so far!

Comment

• Originally posted by meupatdoes View Post

Pro tip: If a house you are buying has tenants in it that you dont want, make it a condition of closing that the seller have the place vacant before you will sign.
                                        True.

However if there's a written lease agreement in place, many people do not realize that the lease goes with the property.
                                        In other words. lessees have the right to stay for the full term of the lease, regardless of whether or not the property
                                        ownership changes. Unless there's a clause that prohibits this.
                                        If nothing was in writing then it doesn't apply here. But what was the "verbal agreement"?

"There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

• Originally posted by meupatdoes View Post

So why did you close on the property?
                                          "This deal isn't closing until you fix the manure situation" is a pretty powerful negotiating position.
                                          The manure situation did not exist when I put the offer in on the house. She had a 60 day lease back and stopped hauling off the manure a couple of weeks prior to close. So at the time of close the problem had started but was no where near as bad as when the county arrived. Built up very quickly as one might imagine.

I could not get the property without the lease back agreement and there were multiple offers on the property. Here in CA the real estate market is insane - I had actually been looking for property for over two years.

But I will never, ever buy a property with a lease back again. Better to just walk away.

Comment

Working...
                                          X