Stallion Spotlight

0201171029b-1

Real Estate Spotlight

BarnApartmentFront
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pony Fixer View Post

Look again. She has 2nd level scores.
    Of four scores on USDF, at this level, only two are above 60. And both are from the same judge. Need two different judges.
    6/10/18-6/10/18 Windy Hollow Hunt Dressage June II Second Level Test 1 O/AA/JrYr Second 1 Frontline W. Brown 63.939 3 328076
    6/8/18-6/9/18 Windy Hollow Hunt Dressage June Second Level Test 1 O/AA/JrYr Second 1 Frontline W. Brown 60.606 2 6760

Comment

• Originally posted by Pony Fixer View Post

Look again. She has 2nd level scores.
      She has two 60%+ scores at second, but they were given by the same judge, so only one score counts.

ETA: Oops, 2tempe beat me to it.

Comment

• Regardless of whatever other drama she may have been involved in or caused, it seems really strange to lie so publicly about getting your Bronze medal, especially if it can be verified that easily. Is there any possibility there are other scores out there somewhere that aren't showing up? Or did she just not realize that the scores needed to be from different judges, and think that she will be getting her bronze now that she has the Third level scores?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2tempe View Post
          Of four scores on USDF, at this level, only two are above 60. And both are from the same judge. Need two different judges.
          6/10/18-6/10/18 Windy Hollow Hunt Dressage June II Second Level Test 1 O/AA/JrYr Second 1 Frontline W. Brown 63.939 3 328076
          6/8/18-6/9/18 Windy Hollow Hunt Dressage June Second Level Test 1 O/AA/JrYr Second 1 Frontline W. Brown 60.606 2 6760
          WHH huh... that's close to home!
          Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

• These are the scores from the USDF official site.

Comment

• Originally posted by LexInVA View Post

She comes from a well-off, but not substantially wealthy Jewish family, though her family name is common so she may have extended family all over the East Coast, particularly in both NC and FL. Her father is a lawyer and her mom has a hodge-podge resume that spans a variety of industries and roles that make no logical sense beyond "someone I know got me this job", which is typical in that area. They are nothing special by NJ/NY standards, but they certainly make enough to have a comfortable life and their social media indicates that the women in the family enjoy "the finer things in life", with a bit of a socialite spin. There are signs that she has been estranged from them - possibly her father, for the most part - for a long time due to her bad behavior and poor life choices, but has recently come back into the fold, so I doubt they have been funding her adventures in horsemanship and the home she lives in is owned by someone else and appears to be a rental property, according to the tax records. As for her funding, I found an unverifiable snippet of Internet news text that said she and her fiance won the lottery and could now afford an NC wedding, but I couldn't find anything more than that. Beyond that, there is no indication where her money has been coming from as she has apparently somehow destroyed or scrubbed almost everything regarding herself, prior to her ascension to Dressage Diva. There is no indication from the schools that she claims to have attended that she ever finished any college degrees and she doesn't seem to have Facebook friends from those schools. I don't know if I want to speculate too much about her means of income, though I have a probable theory that I'll keep to myself for now. Her fiance is equally mysterious, beyond his court records, so I can't speculate about his own income source beyond what might be.
              Has anyone bothered to look up LK on Venmo?? It looks like the "fiancee" is her paid help????

Comment

• Some of the things y’all are digging up are not even a little bit relevant here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustTheTicket View Post
                  Some of the things y’all are digging up are not even a little bit relevant here.
                  but this is how you prove someone was just ASKING to get shot twice in the chest right????
                  Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sticky Situation View Post
                    I'm pretty certain that the "reporter" that wrote the article on that KXAN site is not a human being at all but some sort of Google Translate type bot regurgitating "celebrity" news from other articles/sites in a variety of languages.
                    There is a real KXAN, but this is their actual website: https://www.kxan.com/
                    I didn't click on the link posted, but it's probably bot generated clickbait trying to trick people into thinking it's a real station site.
                    Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by haleybot View Post
                      If you do a search on Usef LK is listed as the owners of Frontline and Even Better. Jay-T is listed with MB as the owner. She is also listed as the owner on record for a 1999 mare named Symphony. LK also owns a tb gelding in NC and had posted on FB that she was importing another mare named Rose
                      Rosanna Williams' website congratulates LK on her purchases of Even Better, Frontline, and Rose. Rose is still in Germany, so that leaves us with 2 imported horses owned by Lauren at MB's barn. Symphony is a 20 year old 3rd level horse. Is she at MB's barn? She supposedly had five horses there. Who are the other 2 (or 3?) horses? I'm confused.

Comment

• Originally posted by catzndogz22 View Post

Rosanna Williams' website congratulates LK on her purchases of Even Better, Frontline, and Rose. Rose is still in Germany, so that leaves us with 2 imported horses owned by Lauren at MB's barn. Symphony is a 20 year old 3rd level horse. Is she at MB's barn? She supposedly had five horses there. Who are the other 2 (or 3?) horses? I'm confused.
                        LK's fb states that Rose landed in the states mid july. She moved Symphony to NJ in mid june. The tb gelding is still in NC. LK's Instagram has a pic around xmas time with Jay-t's passport. But USEF has MB listed as the owner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br83P5nB2DH/?hl=en

Comment

• Wouldn't be the first time a horse was pit in the name of someone who didn't put up the money.

And maybe she has some young horses too.

Comment

• What sucks is the US has lost a proven GP dressage rider with Olympic experience.

Is is there any hope his business won’t tank? Even if someone took it over I doubt many are going to want to step in that barn. I wouldn’t.

Also, there was friction between LK and the girlfriend or ex-g/f of MB. I have to wonder how that played part. G/f’s departure from NC was strange. I wonder if MB promised them similar things with LK...

it seems that that some people that trying to gain fame by riding this case out. The video of the wife with her husband lawyer I thought was silly. S. “Wacko-witch” from DH has proven to be a vile human being. I’m certain MB would be horrified to know she is his most vocal supporter. She’s churched up her social media outlets recently and has turned off comments. So much for her not caring what others say. She’s a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by miss machine View Post
                              What sucks is the US has lost a proven GP dressage rider with Olympic experience.

Is is there any hope his business won’t tank? Even if someone took it over I doubt many are going to want to step in that barn. I wouldn’t.
                              This made me LOL, that is the LAST thing that sucks about this situation...I hardly think the US has lost anything concerning the Olympics.

Humans dont mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. Sebastian Junger

Comment

• Originally posted by emipou View Post

I'm trying to picture this..
                                "Hey, you're gay. Should a man have a pink gun?"

Why is a gay person a better source for such a question than anyone else?
                                The whole gun color thing is just playing into gender stereotypes and it's ridiculous and there are pages at this point of people bickering over the color of the gun and who could possibly be the owner of it.

it actually went like this while discussing the story with openly gay friends who are also riders “...was reported that the weapon was a pink and black gun”
                                Cue their heads tilting sideways like a dog at a high pitched sound. And then discussion of how pink seems unlikely for a male dressage rider of any persuasion, an eventer maybe

In truth, I’m not especially wrapped up in who’s gun it was. Someone got shot and badly hurt. It’s an awful event

The stories of the T-Rex Eventer

Big Head, Little Arms, Still Not Thinking It Through

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyj79 View Post

the kind quoting the police spokesperson. Was that a trick question?
                                  Did the police officer actually say "whipped out a gun" because I don't know any who would say that. When you read the reports, the fiance heard a commotion and shots and then ran around a corner, so although he saw the aftermath and Barisone holding the gun, he didn't see what lead up to the shooting.
                                  http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by equiniphile View Post

She has two 60%+ scores at second, but they were given by the same judge, so only one score counts.

ETA: Oops, 2tempe beat me to it.
                                    Oops, I just looked at the scores, not that they were from the same judge. Mea culpa!
                                    From now on, ponyfixer, i'll include foot note references.

Comment

• Originally posted by enjoytheride View Post

Did the police officer actually say "whipped out a gun" because I don't know any who would say that. When you read the reports, the fiance heard a commotion and shots and then ran around a corner, so although he saw the aftermath and Barisone holding the gun, he didn't see what lead up to the shooting.
                                      Police spokeperson, in the posted article and quote that whatshername now deleted in addition to her witty and inaccurate response.

It's what was quoted in quotes, attributed to police spokesperson.

As for its veracity, I wasn't there. But the quote was quoted both in the article and then by the poster.
                                      Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

• I'm sure cops talk about guys whipping out their little pink guns all the time. Sounds legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ladyj79 View Post

Police spokeperson, in the posted article and quote that whatshername now deleted in addition to her witty and inaccurate response.

It's what was quoted in quotes, attributed to police spokesperson.

As for its veracity, I wasn't there. But the quote was quoted both in the article and then by the poster.
                                          This is the article where the quote came from that you are using as proof, I'm sorry, but I'm not drawing any conclusions about Barisone "whipping out a gun" based on this bot written article.

eleven years Ago, sought Michael Barisone at the Olympic Games in Beijing, the great Coup of. Now, the 54 is likely to spend a-Year-old for the Rest of his life behind bars. Barisone is charged with attempted murder in two cases. It is about 40 years in prison.

The Ami looks last week on his horse farm in New Jersey red, shoots the 38-Year-old dressage rider Lauren Kanarak twice at close range in the chest, hurt you and your fiancée at the subsequent battle life-threatening. “There was only a very brief verbal altercation. Then Barisone whipped out the gun. He came in and knew exactly what he would do,” said a police spokesman.

It is a Drama with notice. Kanarak, who has rented on Barisones Farm, a house, was previously threatened on several occasions, is scared. On 2. August writes on Facebook: “A well-known, visibly Drunk and told me literally that I should sleep with one eye open.”

neighbors tell, Barisone I want to end the tenancy. “The front of a big, red sign that says clearance stand,” says neighbor Bob Jenkins. Before the fact, the police had to move out half a dozen Times.

Kanarek was operated on in the hospital. Her condition had stabilized. “She’s fine,” says friend Rosanna Williams, who had sold horses at Kanarak.
                                          Last edited by enjoytheride; Aug. 14, 2019, 08:02 AM.
                                          http://weanieeventer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                          X