Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

Main-Barn-Bench-to-end2
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MyssMyst View Post

Exactly this. I mean... I also am trying to figure out where she was supposed to step into internationally ranked competition. Kind of a jump from a bronze earlier this year to that level?
    The one that torques me the most is the NYT one where the reporter skipped all her other comments where she declined any assistance that was offered to her over and over again.

She was entered at Saugerties the weekend in the non-CDI PSG.

It's again with the not understanding the nuances of dressage competition and not bothering to research it. Lazy, sloppy reporting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claddagh View Post
      I agree that LK may have a hard time finding another place for her horses given her past history and the fact that she is now embroiled in an attempted murder investigation of which no one yet knows the true facts.
      She literally received and turned down MULTIPLE offers.
      The Noodlehttp://tiny.cc/NGKmT&http://tiny.cc/gioSA
      Jinxyhttp://tiny.cc/PIC798&http://tiny.cc/jinx364
      Boy Wonderhttp://tiny.cc/G9290
      The Hana is nuts! NUTS!!http://tinyurl.com/SOCRAZY

Comment

• Originally posted by meupatdoes View Post

She literally received and turned down MULTIPLE offers.
        I thought that those offers were made before the shooting, when she was posting about being afraid and needing to move. She obviously should have accepted those offers - they may not be available now in view of the current circumstances as well as the information that has come to light about her past.

Comment

I thought that those offers were made before the shooting, when she was posting about being afraid and needing to move. She obviously should have accepted those offers - they may not be available now in view of the current circumstances as well as the information that has come to light about her past.
          those offers were in my understanding offers to transport her horses to another place, not necessarily an offer of a place to board them. And yes they were in the week before the shooting.

even before the shooting, most places want references prior to taking in new boarders, especially with someone bringing
          in 5-6 horses. I sure would.
          "There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

Anyway, if LK’s horses are still on the property and MB gets out on bail, I wonder how that will play out!
            I suspect the chance of that is vanishingly slim, given that he's charged with multiple violent felonies, and that someone with properties in multiple states and connections around the world could probably be argued to present a flight risk.

Part of the logic behind quickly bringing attempted murder charges is to make sure someone you think could be guilty of that kind of malicious violent crime stays behind bars until their guilt or innocence is ascertained.

With NJ's recent bail reform it seems more likely that he's kept in custody, but that the case will go to court in a matter of months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddfox View Post
              I'm not speculating on anything, but I do find it very interesting to see the media's use of inflammatory headlines and statements on full display. And, every time I see "award winning equestrian" and "won national awards" I have to chuckle a bit. Bronze medals are absolutely something to be proud of, but it's clear that no one in the media knows what that means.
              One article I saw even described LK as 'Olympian' (probably confusing LK's USDF bronze medal with Allison Brock's Olympic bronze medal). Truly sloppy reporting in the service of clickbait headlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marla 100 View Post
                even before the shooting, most places want references prior to taking in new boarders, especially with someone bringing
                And even if that wasn’t already true ten days ago....

Comment

• Originally posted by x-halt-salute View Post

I suspect the chance of that is vanishingly slim, given that he's charged with multiple violent felonies, and that someone with properties in multiple states and connections around the world could probably be argued to present a flight risk.

Part of the logic behind quickly bringing attempted murder charges is to make sure someone you think could be guilty of that kind of malicious violent crime stays behind bars until their guilt or innocence is ascertained.

With NJ's recent bail reform it seems more likely that he's kept in custody, but that the case will go to court in a matter of months.
                  All true - but - that is assuming his *cut and dry* probable quilt. The facts aren’t out yet (at least to the public) so we just don’t know what will happen concerning bail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marla 100 View Post

those offers were in my understanding offers to transport her horses to another place, not necessarily an offer of a place to board them. And yes they were in the week before the shooting.

Absolutely! I think she may be between “a rock and a hard place” even if she has all the money that she boasted about having.

Comment

• Originally posted by rothmpp View Post

It's again with the not understanding the nuances of dressage competition and not bothering to research it. Lazy, sloppy reporting.
                      This is what I strive to remember when I read ANY headline. That when I KNOW what something truly is and I see it is misreported over and over, I have to believe that pretty much everything else that I don't know about is reported in the same way.
                      We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
                      www.dleestudio.com

Comment

All true - but - that is assuming his *cut and dry* probable quilt. The facts aren’t out yet (at least to the public) so we just don’t know what will happen concerning bail.
                        I'm not assuming anything about "cut and dry" probable guilt. I have no idea what actually happened or what investigators know.

However, New Jersey's bail reform a couple of years ago seems to have a created a situation where those accused of violent crimes are very unlikely to get released on bail. Guilt or innocence (or probability of guilt vs. innocence) doesn't factor into bail determinations; only things like degree and violence of criminal charges, flight risk, past criminal record (which sounds pretty minimal here), public safety risk are considered.

I refuse to speculate about innocence or guilt, but I believe the odds of release on bail are rather low based simply on NJ laws and the specific criminal charges that are involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddfox View Post
                          I'm not speculating on anything, but I do find it very interesting to see the media's use of inflammatory headlines and statements on full display. And, every time I see "award winning equestrian" and "won national awards" I have to chuckle a bit. Bronze medals are absolutely something to be proud of, but it's clear that no one in the media knows what that means.
                          Makes me chuckle too. Does she even have her bronze medal? The only LK on Centerline Scores does not appear to have the qualifying scores for their bronze.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyssMyst View Post

Exactly this. I mean... I also am trying to figure out where she was supposed to step into internationally ranked competition. Kind of a jump from a bronze earlier this year to that level?
                            I guess they just assumed that any FEI level test is "internationally ranked competition". She was also described as an "aspiring dressage trainer" despite being an adult amateur in her late 30s with a few quality horses who has been involved in the sport for what, 5 years or less?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDHorsePoor View Post

Makes me chuckle too. Does she even have her bronze medal? The only LK on Centerline Scores does not appear to have the qualifying scores for their bronze.
                              Centerline no longer has all scores listed (I believe USDF went after them?). For example, a friend is listed as receiving their Silver medal this month, which she did, but going to the rider's page, no scores listed since July 2018.

Comment

• But hasn’t there been some confusion as to whether MB’s name is also listed as part owner of LK’s horses? So I wonder if that presents some legal red tape in moving them, if they haven’t been moved yet.

Comment

• From Chronological of Horse today (https://www.chronofhorse.com/article...cheduled-court) “The police report also included information from an interview with Goodwin after the shooting. He said he and Kanarek were at the residence when Barisone arrived. After a brief conversation between Kanarek and Barisone outside, Goodwin heard gunshots and saw that Kanarek had been wounded. He said Barisone then aimed at him but missed, and he attempted to disarm and subdue Barisone as he waited for help.”

Poorly written but shares same information, this is from KAN36NEWS (https://www.kxan36news.com/olympic-r...-neighbor-view) “There was only a very brief verbal altercation. Then Barisone whipped out the gun. He came in and knew exactly what he would do,” said a police spokesman.

Comment

• Yikes, police spokesman. Speculation.

Comment

• If you do a search on Usef LK is listed as the owners of Frontline and Even Better. Jay-T is listed with MB as the owner. She is also listed as the owner on record for a 1999 mare named Symphony. LK also owns a tb gelding in NC and had posted on FB that she was inporting another mare named Rose

Comment

• Originally posted by hut-ho78
                                        His life may be ruined. She is laying up on the hospital in intensive care. Her friends have made loyal and loving statements. People are trashing either/or both? This is tragic. Come on now. We can do better than this. No I don’t know either one, just saw him on Colbert. No dog in this hunt.
                                        Precisely. The only "good" news is that no one was killed. I feel the insanity, the literal senselessness of the event is makes many of us, myself included, seek some straw to grasp so we can bleeping understand why this happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rideforthetiara View Post
                                          Poorly written but shares same information, this is from KAN36NEWS (https://www.kxan36news.com/olympic-r...-neighbor-view)
                                          Huh? That celebrity news site looks like a bot chewed up and spit out bits and pieces of what's been reported elsewhere, in a far less intelligible form.

Nothing new reported here.

ETA: On second thought, this has some comedic value.

"Clearance stand" in place of "eviction"! Ha!
                                          “The front of a big, red sign that says clearance stand,” says neighbor Bob Jenkins.
                                          Now to disinfect my computer after visiting a site that looks like it exists primarily to transmit digital herpes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X