Stallion Spotlight

Feinrich-Nr_1-12-18-10-074 Beelitz

Real Estate Spotlight

15159sunnyland18
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking just at the incident, my thought is that alcohol or drugs are likely involved. It makes no logical sense for MB to personally be in a confrontation, much less bring a gun (if he did). So it seems very likely to me that his judgement was impaired chemically.
    Her actions beforehand were erratic, but less clear if chemicals might be involved.
    Still not an excuse for anyone if they chose to alter their minds. Just me trying to weave a plot in which the actions make some kind of sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsM View Post
      Just me trying to weave a plot in which the actions make some kind of sense.
      Good luck with that. There's a reason "senseless" is in the dictionary.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiberalSnowflake View Post

From what I understand, Deanna has been mercilessly monstered by SW on DH, merely for standing up for herself. SW and DH have gone out of their way to try and ruin her business, so she's got first hand knowledge of what that's like and she seems like a decent girl. Deanna runs her own dressage page and I think she's just trying to break down a few things that are going down in the industry at the moment, with the help of her lawyer husband. Probably way too long, but interesting nonetheless.
        Best to let Deanna weigh in if there is a backstory to this, but from an observation of events there has been a back and forth of videos and photoshopping from the two of them. It appears to have started when Deanna did a video on DH after CoTH published the article on DH, and DH responded to the video. That is how it appears on the surface. Maybe somebody else can explain it better.

Anyway, as stated earlier...the owner of DH is a nobody. She does not ride. She does not teach. She is not a member of the USEF. DH is not educational. It is a spot where the owner enjoys provoking horse people and denigrating others, photoshopping lies....why on earth does anyone even go there and get involved in that nonsense? Nobody takes her seriously and nobody cares about her opinions.

And she certainly has has no clue as to what transpired in the shooting. No insider’s track, or anything to add that we don’t already know. Stay away...clickbait.

Comment

• Originally posted by MsM View Post
          Looking just at the incident, my thought is that alcohol or drugs are likely involved. It makes no logical sense for MB to personally be in a confrontation, much less bring a gun (if he did). So it seems very likely to me that his judgement was impaired chemically.
          Her actions beforehand were erratic, but less clear if chemicals might be involved.
          Still not an excuse for anyone if they chose to alter their minds. Just me trying to weave a plot in which the actions make some kind of sense.
          So is MB "the drunk" who warned her to 'sleep with one eye open'? May be a reason she alluded to this person on fb.

My guess is she's had enough experience 'pushing people's buttons', and she pushed him to the brink.

Are these people so numbed by substances that they don't see the 'red flags'? And know to get away?

There seems to be a whole lot of dressage people with middle school mentality. Emotionally and judgmentally stunted. JMO.
          "There is no fundamental difference between man and animals in their ability to feel pleasure and pain, happiness, and misery." - Charles Darwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Marla 100 View Post

So is MB "the drunk" who warned her to 'sleep with one eye open'? May be a reason she alluded to this person on fb.

My guess is she's had enough experience 'pushing people's buttons', and she pushed him to the brink. People push my buttons all the time. Somehow - I have managed to not shoot anyone.

Are these people so numbed by substances that they don't see the 'red flags'? And know to get away? Yes. As discussed earlier- there are many reasons why someone may not leave. So let us just shrug our shoulders that a troublemaker, who pushed people's buttons got shot.

There seems to be a whole lot of dressage people with middle school mentality. Emotionally and judgmentally stunted. Yeah. JMO.

The actions d of the victim, nor the accused make sense.

NJ law requires that you have a duty to retreat first. After that- the action (shooting) required the amount of force with which the shooter responded.

There are other criteria that goes in to it, as well which I am certain a NJ lawyer can attest.

So someone can push my buttons all they want. They can threaten to kick my ass- I still can't pull out my gun and shoot them, even on my property.

And whoever made the comment about a straight man not owning a pink gun- sorry-- you are [edit].
            Last edited by Moderator 1; Aug. 12, 2019, 12:34 PM.
            Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Comment

• Am I the only one surprised there is no new information in days? Is Michael still in the hospital? Lauren’s condition? Are the boyfriend and her horses still at Barison’s property? Is Michael in jail or out on bail? Surely there are still many workers at the barn and/or clients in training who either saw the events leading up to the shooting or are still there taking care of horses, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by mimiwenk View Post
                Am I the only one surprised there is no new information in days? Is Michael still in the hospital? Lauren’s condition? Are the boyfriend and her horses still at Barison’s property? Is Michael in jail or out on bail? Surely there are still many workers at the barn and/or clients in training who either saw the events leading up to the shooting or are still there taking care of horses, etc.
                I'm wondering the same. Apparently he hasn't had the hearing yet where they plead guilty or not guilty and bail is determined. One would think a defense attorney would want to expedite this if they thought bail would be granted. That doesn't look good imo for him getting out on bail.

With respect to the horses there, I'm in NJ so I get the rumors from the Jersey horse crowd and that info travels quickly. Again, it's only rumors but coming from good sources that all his clients moved out right after the shooting. Note too, that a couple of his poplular clients are keeping quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pennywell Bay View Post

And whoever made the comment about a straight man not owning a pink gun- sorry-- you are a complete and total moron.
                  What? Why would you call anyone a moron on this board? Not very nice.

Second, I don't understand all the umbrage about pointing out that a straight man is less likely to own a pink gun than a female. The stupidest thing on the internet? Really? Of course it's not impossible that a straight guy would own (or shoot) a pink gun. But to me it seems obvious that it is statistically less likely that a pink gun is owned by a straight man than a women (and throws an interesting wrinkle into the situation that may or may not be relevant).

So I would like someone to point out the statistics showing a straight male is at least as likely (and apparently more likely based on all the comments I've been reading here) to own a pink gun.

Thank you.

Comment

Am I the only one surprised there is no new information in days? Is Michael still in the hospital? Lauren’s condition? Are the boyfriend and her horses still at Barison’s property? Is Michael in jail or out on bail? Surely there are still many workers at the barn and/or clients in training who either saw the events leading up to the shooting or are still there taking care of horses, etc.
                    I think it is important to remember that those who were personally affected by the incident are still trying to understand what happened and process this themselves. It was a traumatic and very stressful experience for those at the barn and there is much more that happened that lead up the incident that is not being published online, but is known by those who have been involved. And I'm sure many of the pertinent details are being held from the public since there will be an investigation, but many of those involved do not want to speak out on the internet because of how cruel some of the comments have been. They are already dealing with enough due to the situation, they don't want to add the stress of internet commenters to their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcmel View Post

Second, I don't understand all the umbrage about pointing out that a straight man is less likely to own a pink gun than a female. The stupidest thing on the internet? Really? Of course it's not impossible that a straight guy would own (or shoot) a pink gun. But to me it seems obvious that it is statistically less likely that a pink gun is owned by a straight man than a women (and throws an interesting wrinkle into the situation that may or may not be relevant).

So I would like someone to point out the statistics showing a straight male is at least as likely (and apparently more likely based on all the comments I've been reading here) to own a pink gun.

Thank you.
                      This. It's like if the police made a statement that the shooter was wearing a dress. And someone said "oh it couldn't have been MB, a straight man wouldn't wear a dress". Like, sure, there are some straight men that would put on a dress, but that doesn't mean that the vast majority probably wouldn't not be casually wearing a dress (wouldn't be wearing? Wouldn't not be wearing? I'm getting confused with the negatives but you guys know what I mean). And maybe making a statement that was so absolute was wrong, but that doesn't really make the person a moron.

Maybe the pink gun was his. Maybe it wasn't and the weapons possession was just the literal "he was holding a weapon when we got there", not that it was actually his gun. We don't know. But living in a state where at least half the people here own guns, most straight guys would not get a pink gun (I don't know a single guy that owns a pink gun, actually, straight or otherwise). Throw in the fact that it's a cheaper gun and MB apparently isn't the type to go cheaper anything, there is another interesting tidbit to add on to the weirdness of this whole thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcmel View Post

Thank you.
                        Honestly? I ran that detail past some gay friends and they found the gun color equally unlikely. Nothing is impossible but the reaction was in lockstep.

Its a detail that makes me wonder.
                        The stories of the T-Rex Eventer

Big Head, Little Arms, Still Not Thinking It Through

Comment

• I can think of plenty of reasons a man (does it really matter if he was gay or straight?) would have a pink gun.

I brought this up at our PRIDE and Ally meeting, as well. Myth: only gay men would own pink gun Also Myth: straight men wouldn't own pink gun

Sorry- a lot of you need to come in to 2019 with your assumptions.

In his 2008 bio for the Olympic team- he's wearing a salmon or pinkish shirt.
                          He also wore flaming orange points on one of he coats. Oh- wow- no straight man would do THAT.

Just because he is straight does not mean he can not own a pink gun. Just b/c someone is female does not mean they own a pink gun.

Maybe the gun is hers, maybe it is her boyfriends, but questioning because he is straight- THAT is what gives you pause?

Come to the dark side, we have cookies

Comment

• The police don't need alot of evidence to charge someone with a crime. To convict someone of a crime there has to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Just because someone is charged with a crime does not mean that the charges won't be dropped or that they will be convicted of said crime.

Comment

• LK bought another horse (the 5th?) from "friend" Rosanna Williams/Ultimate Equine (from whom she purchased two other horses). As of July 15, the mare was still in Europe. Why would she acquire yet another horse if things were going so badly? That horse would barely be out of QT when she started posting about needing to move five horses in a hurry.

I hope all the horses are safe. With that crazy DH hate, it's not hard to imagine some sort of vengeance. (Just part of the scenario for our novel in progress.)
                              Last edited by Brown Derby; Aug. 12, 2019, 10:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

This case is too high profile in a smaller county for MB to have gone to an arraignment and have that completely gone under the radar.

My guess is that LK's legal team (there's no way she doesn't have a lawyer by now) told all of her people to quit talking to ANYONE.

MB's people have been silent the entire time - which I actually think is quite telling. There has to be a whole lot more to the backstory than has been told, other than what was on LK's now scrubbed facebook. His legal team I would imagine wants to hold whatever extenuating information they have until it can be used in a reasonable manner, i.e. in front of a judge, rather than have it dissected for days on end on the internet.

MB was likely much more injured than we have been led to believe. You don't get to hide out in a hospital for a week just to avoid an arraignment. Police are required to take suspects for medical evaluation if they appear injured or complain of injuries, but if it is nothing, the suspect is going to get treated and remanded back to police custody and jail.

I've never been to his NJ farm, but depending on how involved the clients are (owners vs riders) there easily could not be a ton of people around other than his assistant trainer and workers, who are likely to be loyal to MB.

Comment

• https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/us...wednesday.html

He hasn't faced the court yet because he was still in hospital with injury.

Barisone is accused of shooting Lauren Kanarek, 39, twice in the chest with a 9mm handgun on Wednesday at the farm in Washington Township and firing another shot at her fiance that missed, police said in court documents. Kanarek, a competitive dressage rider who trains at the facility, remains hospitalized after being admitted in critical condition.

Kanarak’s fiance tackled Barisone and scuffled with him while Kanarak called 911 to report that she’d been shot, authorities said. Both men were injured in the tussle, with the fiance suffering a broken wrist and Barisone having injuries to his head and arms, authorities said.

Police found Kanarak’s fiance on top of Barisone, who was laying on the gun used in the shooting, authorities said.
                                  Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• https://patch.com/new-jersey/longval...ooting-trainee

Barisone has been sanctioned with a "period of suspension," the SafeSport website says, after allegedly shooting dressage rider Lauren Kanarak. His suspension began on Friday, Aug. 9, two days after the shooting, with no end date listed. The reason for his suspension is "Criminal Disposition (Subject to Appeal)." He is currently ineligible to compete in dressage events.

It is a violation of SafeSport code to have any pending criminal procedures against an athlete. A SafeSport representative declined to comment on Barisone's arrest, citing policy. Barisone has been charged with two counts of attempted murder and two weapons charges (Kanarak's fiance broke his wrist during the shooting, but was not shot).
                                    Boss Mare Eventing Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by rothmpp View Post
                                      MB was likely much more injured than we have been led to believe. You don't get to hide out in a hospital for a week just to avoid an arraignment.
                                      You can be arraigned when in the hospital. There are youtube videos of it being done. If he is in the hospital for mental reasons, that might delay an arraignment.

Comment

• I thought yesterday about this whole mess. I couldn't help but think about the people who still have horses at the facility that are probably looking for another place to go, the workers at the barn who don't know if they'll still have a job and all of the people affected by this. This whole situation is just plain sad and has affected a lot of people.

Comment

• His court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday. https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/us...wednesday.html

Comment

Working...
                                          X