Sport Horse Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

UMS_01

Sale Spotlight

COTH_without Subscribe
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tryintogethere View Post
    There is one photo of the interior of the house.
    Is that the photo of the dining with a bay window?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mara View Post

      I notice there are no photos of the home's interior. I wonder if LK and RG trashed it?
      Picture 19 seems to be the interior of the house, as you can see the bay window behind the tree in picture 20. It’s the only interior pic. Number 21 looks to be the house’s porch. An earlier porch was at the entrance to the indoor.

      ETA: looks like several of us posted at once!

      Question: why are the lounge windows into the indoor tilted out at the top? Is it to prevent reflections from distracting the horses?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yaya View Post
        Question: why are the lounge windows into the indoor tilted out at the top? Is it to prevent reflections from distracting the horses?
        My guess is yes. I've boarded at a facility with a covered arena attached to the lounge and barn in a very similar way, but, with the windows not tilted like that. And I have to say that the reflection and the distortion in the flat windows was hugely distracting (to me. Not sure what the horses thought).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tryintogethere View Post
          There is one photo of the interior of the house.
          Is that a pool table in the lounge? There must have been some fun parties there.

          Comment


          • So, it lists 3 bedrooms, 2 baths.
            where?
            Cause I bet the house has 3 beds... so are there any in the barn/lounge?
            I wonder if there are living quarters in the barn, why not show them or at least list them in the ad.

            Or are they only listing the quarters in the barn, because the house is condemned, and is that the reason for only one house pic in the listing?

            So where were MB and his fiance (and kids) living/sleep? On the pool table?
            Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

            http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dragonfly90 View Post

              Thanks. I was called a houseguest a couple of times and had been wondering what it meant. I figured it wasn’t a good thing! Guess I should have read Forum for Dummies before jumping in.
              Some of us who have been on here for a while could star in the forum version of those insurance commercials starring J. K. Simmons. Because we’ve seen a few things.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Angela Freda View Post

                Or are they only listing the quarters in the barn, because the house is condemned, and is that the reason for only one house pic in the listing?
                By this time I don’t remember who said the house was condemned. Was it a reliable source? Or, you know, another source?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MHM View Post

                  By this time I don’t remember who said the house was condemned. Was it a reliable source? Or, you know, another source?
                  The Fire Department condemned it supposedly because of defective fire alarms (per LK somewhere in this thread). Other people have reported it was due to burst pipes and/or bad reno work performed by RG. I imagine those repairs have been made if the property is for sale.

                  Comment


                  • Never heard of a sacrifice paddock and I am from the North East and have been around horses all my life...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SonnysMom View Post

                      Or maybe the didn't want to go in and possibly run into them.

                      Considering the high end quality of the rest of the facility I could see potential buyers only being interested in that house as housing for staff and just build a new more modern house somewhere else on the farm.
                      The ad also mentioned some sort of allowance for building another residence, so it may actually be that the main house is condemned?? I see stairs in the pictures of the barn that seem to lead up to an interior area, not a hay loft, perhaps a barn apartment that is 3 bed? Because if a residence is not livable, at least HERE, it cannot be listed as having those living (bedrooms) areas in an ad unless it says the "structure" with work could have X bedrooms etc. Generally. YMMV.

                      I personally think the property is lovely.
                      COTH's official mini-donk enabler

                      "I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

                      Comment


                      • The agent is excellent and a horsewoman. Sacrifice paddock is a very common term here. Agree with other posters who have pointed out that someone buying this sort of facility is probably not terribly concerned about the quality of the house. A high end house with the same facility the price is going to go up.

                        ​​​​​​The day LK went back to get her stuff I saw a crossover/SUV open and packed with boxes on my commute. I have not seen that vehicle back at any point, so I'm thinking they are not living there at all. I'm sure tryingtogethere could probably confirm as they seem to be closer to the situation.

                        Comment


                        • How sad that it is for sale. Just a few weeks ago it was someone's thriving business, a place where people worked and trained. Now it's all gone. What was he thinking? Just sad for everyone.

                          Two things I find very funny re: the NYT article - her age is removed altogether and that people who criticize her are fans of MB. I never was a dressage rider and only know dressage through eventing. I can assure the author that I never heard the name Michael Barisone before this incident. And still all I know about him is a little of his cv and that he made the worst choice of action he possibly could have in August. C'est tout!

                          One thing the hand wringers here and the NYT author don't seem to grok: having something bad happen to you doesn't mean people can no longer turn a critical eye on your actions. I've had cancer but people can still think I'm a world-class jerk if my behaviour - especially very public behaviour I brag about - strikes them as that of a world-class jerk. My having been critically ill with cancer at one point does not inoculate me forevermore from the consequences of my words and actions, past, present and future. And, I might add, it would not have meant that if I was threatening and harassing people during my chemo that that was something no one could comment critically about. That article is nonsensical because it asks us to feel bad that she was "attacked" online as though she doesn't have a rich and verifiable history of....attacking people on line. I think the author's irony is broken and needs fixed.

                          In the article LK says something like seeing mean posts about her as she was recovering from her tragic shooting was something she just couldn't imagine. Sure she could: when someone was dealing with the death of a child she told them to overdose and speculated they were - what was it - having sex in a bedroom as their child drowned? It was a lot more vulgar than that, but you get the point. She can imagine it b/c she has done it. Some of it is printed in that article with GJ's tweet. That's why the article is ridiculous and so beneath the level of the author and the paper.

                          And Lord, almighty, to the person who said gun shot victims are never blamed - spare me. Maybe you meant blonde caucasian gun shot victims aren't often blamed but, the hell? Someone already made a good reply about how just reaching for your wallet when told to show your license and registration has gotten more than one person killed and the chorus of, "If they'd just complied, they be alive," fills the comments section even if they were complying.

                          I watched a movie, The Fundamentals of Caring, the other day. The main character is often quite unkind and also has DMD. At one point he says to his caregiver, who is accusing him of being jerk and excusing it with his diagnosis, "You ever consider that maybe I'm just a prick, with or without the wheelchair?" That's what's going on here. Someone got shot and survived (yay!). But it turns out that that person was and continues to be a truly awful person, with or without the GSW. So, the people she has been truly awful to and those who have merely seen her self-posted evidence thereof, are all, "glad you lived but you're an awful person. Oh, and even after the GSW you continue to harass and threaten people online and lie about what led to the GSW."

                          Comment


                          • What a great post, FitZ. My feelings exactly. I agree with most everyone about the article, even though I thought at first she was being fair. I wasn't actually taking everything into account. Nice post.
                            Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Jealoushe View Post

                              Going to be able to afford a good lawyer with that money!
                              Unless he bought it with cash the bank is going to want theirs first.
                              The Noodlehttp://tiny.cc/NGKmT&http://tiny.cc/gioSA
                              Jinxyhttp://tiny.cc/PIC798&http://tiny.cc/jinx364
                              Boy Wonderhttp://tiny.cc/G9290
                              The Hana is nuts! NUTS!!http://tinyurl.com/SOCRAZY

                              Comment


                              • I wonder if responding officers wore cameras.
                                Those responding to the calls 're the eviction, dog bite, etc... and the ones who arrived when LK was hit with 2/3/4 slugs, point blank, center mass ?
                                Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

                                http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Angela Freda View Post
                                  I wonder if responding officers wore cameras.
                                  Those responding to the calls 're the eviction, dog bite, etc... and the ones who arrived when LK was hit with 2/3/4 slugs, point blank, center mass ?
                                  If they do that certainly would shed a lot of light on the situation.

                                  From what I’ve read about the numerous calls to the police by both parties and the description of the town as being quiet, I doubt they do. Then again, maybe they just aren’t releasing them.

                                  It seems the police, the prosecutors office and the defense are being tight lipped about giving information. I don’t know how common that is for a case like this but most of the details seem to come from LK and people who have had run ins with her who are local to the area.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by catzndogz22 View Post

                                    LK is saying on her FB page that she'll be heading to Florida soon. It'll be interesting to hear how that plays out. I imagine there will be very low tolerance among the other riders, i.e. MH and anyone who is friendly with MH or MB, for any bullying on her part.
                                    From what I hear MB was not exactly a crowd favorite...BUT LK has certainly put it out there as to the kind of person SHE is, that is where her issues will lay. MB is not so much being defended by people who know HIM, he's being defended by people who know HER. Strange
                                    Humans dont mind duress, in fact they thrive on it. What they mind is not feeling necessary. Sebastian Junger

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by TheMoo View Post

                                      If they do that certainly would shed a lot of light on the situation.

                                      From what I’ve read about the numerous calls to the police by both parties and the description of the town as being quiet, I doubt they do. Then again, maybe they just aren’t releasing them.

                                      It seems the police, the prosecutors office and the defense are being tight lipped about giving information. I don’t know how common that is for a case like this but most of the details seem to come from LK and people who have had run ins with her who are local to the area.
                                      I think sometimes a good PD knows that their inexperience in an area (like a homicide) is a hole and they work harder to do a good job because they are aware of their handicap, i.e. not having loose lips, doing what they do know to do in a manner that's unquestionable, etc.

                                      If they do have cameras, the loud mouths sure could be left exposed. Then again, even testimony by Police officers who were on scene, evidence wrt her wounds that appear to not be as she has described (center mass is not below your collarbone, 2 is not 3,4, howevermany, etc) etc,... heck, even LKs own words (her admission that she was beating MB with her phone AFTER being shot) ...that refute the other, alternate narrative offered by LK and her boyfriend... should be enough to create doubt.
                                      Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

                                      http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by FitzE View Post
                                        How sad that it is for sale. Just a few weeks ago it was someone's thriving business, a place where people worked and trained. Now it's all gone. What was he thinking? Just sad for everyone.

                                        Two things I find very funny re: the NYT article - her age is removed altogether and that people who criticize her are fans of MB. I never was a dressage rider and only know dressage through eventing. I can assure the author that I never heard the name Michael Barisone before this incident. And still all I know about him is a little of his cv and that he made the worst choice of action he possibly could have in August. C'est tout!

                                        One thing the hand wringers here and the NYT author don't seem to grok: having something bad happen to you doesn't mean people can no longer turn a critical eye on your actions. I've had cancer but people can still think I'm a world-class jerk if my behaviour - especially very public behaviour I brag about - strikes them as that of a world-class jerk. My having been critically ill with cancer at one point does not inoculate me forevermore from the consequences of my words and actions, past, present and future. And, I might add, it would not have meant that if I was threatening and harassing people during my chemo that that was something no one could comment critically about. That article is nonsensical because it asks us to feel bad that she was "attacked" online as though she doesn't have a rich and verifiable history of....attacking people on line. I think the author's irony is broken and needs fixed.

                                        In the article LK says something like seeing mean posts about her as she was recovering from her tragic shooting was something she just couldn't imagine. Sure she could: when someone was dealing with the death of a child she told them to overdose and speculated they were - what was it - having sex in a bedroom as their child drowned? It was a lot more vulgar than that, but you get the point. She can imagine it b/c she has done it. Some of it is printed in that article with GJ's tweet. That's why the article is ridiculous and so beneath the level of the author and the paper.

                                        And Lord, almighty, to the person who said gun shot victims are never blamed - spare me. Maybe you meant blonde caucasian gun shot victims aren't often blamed but, the hell? Someone already made a good reply about how just reaching for your wallet when told to show your license and registration has gotten more than one person killed and the chorus of, "If they'd just complied, they be alive," fills the comments section even if they were complying.

                                        I watched a movie, The Fundamentals of Caring, the other day. The main character is often quite unkind and also has DMD. At one point he says to his caregiver, who is accusing him of being jerk and excusing it with his diagnosis, "You ever consider that maybe I'm just a prick, with or without the wheelchair?" That's what's going on here. Someone got shot and survived (yay!). But it turns out that that person was and continues to be a truly awful person, with or without the GSW. So, the people she has been truly awful to and those who have merely seen her self-posted evidence thereof, are all, "glad you lived but you're an awful person. Oh, and even after the GSW you continue to harass and threaten people online and lie about what led to the GSW."
                                        Wow. Just wow. You should have written the NYT article. Excellent observations! (Congratulations on being a cancer survivor - long life to you.)

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by meupatdoes View Post

                                          Unless he bought it with cash the bank is going to want theirs first.
                                          You do realize it last sold in 1998 for about $270,000. And it is now for sale for $2.1 million. Of course we still don't know if MB is full owner or not as it's in an LLC I believe? At any rate we can assume mortgage paid in full some time ago.

                                          This is how folks accrue wealth through real estate. A colleague maxed out her buying power to get a tear down fixer up for $550,000 less than a decade ago and now the land price is probably about $1.1 million. Of course she can't move because everything else has gone up in price too.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X