Stallion Spotlight

BushyGeneology copy

Real Estate Spotlight

100_7261
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You�re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the Forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it�details of personal disputes may be better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts, though are not legally obligated to do so, regardless of content.

Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting. Moderators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts unless they have been alerted and have determined that a post, thread or user has violated the Forums� policies. Moderators do not regularly independently monitor the Forums for such violations.

Profanity, outright vulgarity, blatant personal insults or otherwise inappropriate statements will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Users may provide their positive or negative experiences with or opinions of companies, products, individuals, etc.; however, accounts involving allegations of criminal behavior against named individuals or companies MUST be first-hand accounts and may NOT be made anonymously.

If a situation has been reported upon by a reputable news source or addressed by law enforcement or the legal system it is open for discussion, but if an individual wants to make their own claims of criminal behavior against a named party in the course of that discussion, they too must identify themselves by first and last name and the account must be first-person.

Criminal allegations that do not satisfy these requirements, when brought to our attention, may be removed pending satisfaction of these criteria, and we reserve the right to err on the side of caution when making these determinations.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it�s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users� profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses � Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it�s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who�s selling it, it doesn�t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions � Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services � Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products � While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements � Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be �bumped� excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues � Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators� discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the �alert� button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your �Ignore� list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you�d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user�s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonfly90 View Post
    Sad thing is everyone would have been leaving for Florida by now and could have just gone their separate ways.
    LK is saying on her FB page that she'll be heading to Florida soon. It'll be interesting to hear how that plays out. I imagine there will be very low tolerance among the other riders, i.e. MH and anyone who is friendly with MH or MB, for any bullying on her part.
    Last edited by catzndogz22; Oct. 18, 2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MHM View Post

You may be completely healed by the time this thing is over!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
      Thank you, very kind and very true

Comment

• Originally posted by rothmpp View Post

is going to continue to bully and manipulate and abuse people unless someone (parent, caretaker, etc...) takes control of her life. If this was going to be a wake up call for her, she'd be laying quiet, healing, and seeking treatment to figure out what makes her push people in her life to this point.

She didn't deserve to be shot, but she refuses to own ANY responsibility for her behavior. That's what pisses people off. A grown-ass woman of almost 40 years old should know that you can't act like a spoiled 5 year old and expect that there are no consequences. Whether there is a personality or mental disorder at play or just super shitty parenting throughout her life, who knows?
        Well... one of the things that strikes me about this whole situation is that it is NOT that shocking, considering the nature of the community.

Be you an employee, trainer, client, or farm owner in the area, you will most likely have (MORE than a few) stories about crazy, drama loving, abusive, ignorant, negligent, bullying, etc OTHER persons in the industry. The tension level at many businesses, properties and groups is high. People barn hop, client hop, trainer hop and job hop with reliable frequency. Very many people are unhappy, stressed, irritated, annoyed, threatened and disappointed (if not flat out enraged and perpetually in melt down) with their circumstances, what ever their status in the industry.

The ‘if you don’t like it just leave’ mentality has netted local (and snow bird) horse folks a community that is very dysfunctional.

Going forward, it would be nice it some of the energy that is being directed toward deciding ‘who REALLY deserves crucification today and why.... be put toward improving the human relations within the industry.

Folks have a lot of energy for building the gallows and justifying why they are enforcing punishment. Our interests are better served in taking concrete steps to make sure circumstances never get to that point.

This would entail a lot more work (and more complexity) than hating on past events and justifying (if not flat out cheering) punishments.
        "Friend" me !

http://www.facebook.com/isabeau.solace

Comment

• Originally posted by RainWeasley View Post

Come for the news, stay for the random cat fights.

And yeah, that barn is like infinitely nicer than the house I live in. I would happily live there.
          That being true, as the farm owner, operator... it might be nice to have the freedom to choose where you live, and not be harassed on your own property/home to the point you chose the less [private, comfortable, preferred, etc, ] option.

I wonder if the driveway past the house is the only entrance... so anyone arriving could be observed, but also potentially be harassed by the "tenants", and their dog.
          Yo/Yousolong April 23rd, 1985- April 15th, 2014

http://notesfromadogwalker.com/2012/...m-a-sanctuary/

Comment

• Originally posted by catzndogz22 View Post

LK is saying on her FB page that she'll be heading to Florida soon. It'll be interesting to hear how that plays out. I imagine there will be very low tolerance among the other riders, i.e. MH and anyone who is frienly with MH or MB, for any bullying on her part.
            Please, no. Don't come here! We have enough crazies down here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WildLittleWren View Post

Please, no. Don't come here! We have enough crazies down here.
              Hopefully, Haleybot can get her outstanding cyberstalking warrant served!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverbridge View Post
                What on earth is a "sacrifice paddock"? What do they think horse people do with paddocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by initiate1987 View Post

What on earth is a "sacrifice paddock"? What do they think horse people do with paddocks?
                  that's a pretty common phrase in the horse community.

Usually it's a paddock you turn out in when you don't want your fields torn up in wet weather.
                  Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

"Sacrifice paddock" is a pretty commonly used term for a turnout space that can be used (with either footing resilient to inclement conditions, or footing you can tolerate getting churned up) while grass turnouts are being rested. Nothing unusual about mentioning it in an equestrian property listing.

Comment

This made me giggle.

This is the type of question I expect from someone not on a horse BB, not from someone who has been a member here since 2014.

Search the term on this forum, you will find it comes up a lot here and has nothing to do with anything weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by trubandloki View Post

This made me giggle.

This is the type of question I expect from someone not on a horse BB, not from someone who has been a member here since 2014.

Search the term on this forum, you will find it comes up a lot here and has nothing to do with anything weird.
                        I've been in the horse world for over 12 years and have never remotely heard the term. Then again, most of the barns I've been at have all their paddocks filled to capacity, so the idea of a sacrifice paddock would be a novelty.

Comment

• To be fair, I'd never heard that actual term before, though I could figure out what it meant. Not many places here that had enough space to have one though so it's never come up in my horse community.

Comment

• A sacrifice paddock would be, to me, an indication that the place was well-run and maintained, and had happy horses. Many farms allow absolutely no pasture or paddock turnout in winter. Good times.

Comment

• Neither me nor my husband have ever heard of that term and we have combined many years in horses. Albeit in areas where land was not an issue for turnout. Or industries where turnout is not commonplace. But easily could figure out the meaning.

Assuming a mainly east east coast term.

Comment

• 60 years experience with horses, never hear of the term sacrifice paddock. East coast(north and south) resident, but always been at places(mostly my own)with large pastures not paddocks. I did board briefly at a place where the mud was so deep at the gate your boot would be sucked off when you went to get your horse.
                                Speaking of terms... what is a “houseguest” in a forum?

Comment

• I think my reaction of "what the heck" also came from the fact that when I typically see real estate adds for equestrian properties, unless it is specifically an equine real estate agent, I read them with the notion that some qualities of the property may be misreported. I figured that "sacrifice paddocks" was a silly typo.

However, in this case I stand corrected. Thank you to all who were kind enough to explain.

Comment

Thank you to all who were kind enough to explain.
                                    Thank you for reminding us that something that is normal in one place is not the same in other places. Good to realize that terminology like this is not used everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly90 View Post
                                      Speaking of terms... what is a “houseguest” in a forum?
                                      A new member who shows up to defend a (usually crazy) participant in a trainwreck of a thread. May or not actually be the crazy participant posting with a new user name, pretending to be a "friend" "client" or "houseguest" of crazy participant.

This might be helpful and/or entertaining: https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/f...language-guide
                                      "So relax! Let's have some fun out here! This game's fun, OK? Fun goddamnit." Crash Davis; Bull Durham

Comment

• Originally posted by RainWeasley View Post
                                        Is that the porch though that she was sitting on in the last few pics?
                                        I noticed that the property listing mentioned the porch as a nice feature. I guess they are not counting any sort of karma involved in that location.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToN Farm View Post
                                          I think the barn living area is beautiful! I do wonder why no pics of the house are included. Right now in Hunterdon County NJ (where I live) there are a few 2m horse properties for sale. It's a horsey area, but apparently not enough buyers for this kind of property.
                                          I notice there are no photos of the home's interior. I wonder if LK and RG trashed it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X