Stallion Spotlight

Total Hope-11-18-09-3662

Real Estate Spotlight

• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Shot at Barisone Farm

Someone on Facebook said it was related to safesport. Sending jingles to the poor woman.

https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/1-...ties-said.html

Have not heard about it being related to SafeSport. Have heard *rumors* that the shooter was Michael (will come back and edit if not the case but I live down the road and that's what a few local dressage/horse & non-horse people are saying). House was taped off with crime scene tape as well as much of the property as I drove home from work.

Will be interesting to find out what happened, certainly a tragic and unusual situation for our relatively quiet area.

Comment

https://www.nj.com/morris/2019/08/1-...ties-said.html
      ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

Originally posted by skip99 View Post
        Have not heard about it being related to SafeSport. Have heard *rumors* that the shooter was Michael (will come back and edit if not the case but I live down the road and that's what a few local dressage/horse & non-horse people are saying). House was taped off with crime scene tape as well as much of the property as I drove home from work.

Will be interesting to find out what happened, certainly a tragic and unusual situation for our relatively quiet area.
        There are posts on the victim's facebook page indicating she had filed a complaint with safesport.

Your ID of the shooter seems to be spot on from what I've heard as well.

Comment

The wacko chick behind a certain infamous dressage site is chortling with glee on her personal Facebook page, claiming Barisone is her “hero” because he “shot some crazy bitch twice in the heart.”

WTF is going on?

Comment

Honestly sounds entirely like a domestic to me. I don't think it has anything to do with anything except two people fighting over stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by angelssix View Post
              Honestly sounds entirely like a domestic to me. I don't think it has anything to do with anything except two people fighting over stuff.
              You should read the posts on the victim's Facebook page. It's far more than a simple domestic...

Comment

The victim was a client, not the ex-wife or current girlfriend. (Confirmed via mutual FB friend)

Comment

Originally posted by BigMama1 View Post
                  The wacko chick behind a certain infamous dressage site is chortling with glee on her personal Facebook page, claiming Barisone is her “hero” because he “shot some crazy bitch twice in the heart.”

WTF is going on?
                  I wish there was some way to totally ban her from horse sports and venues altogether
                  _\\]
                  -- * > hoopoe
                  Procrastinate NOW
                  Introverted Since 1957

Comment

From the victim’s public FB page:

On it! 👌
                    If I didn’t live in the house on the premises (part time from my other home in NC) & the past 2 weeks hadn’t provided me with SOLID GOLD in terms of plotting, bullying, sexual remarks, body shaming, etc..... causing me to get SafeSport involved.... I’d be O U T “yesterday.”

But, Bc the trainer(when he was in very bad need of money) basically forced us to get every quality horse I own to him/ immediately- I’d be much more easily able to move 5 horses- which was his exact plan. To trap us here - thinking it would be impossible to move so many horses, thereby being able to force us deal with “new rules, prices & extras for already included show costs,” has always been the scam I didn’t see coming.
                    Now that he’s “miraculously” come into some money from ............. an “insurance claim,” (more on that & what we actually know to be fact) on pm. 😉😎

Comment

Wow...she definitely had a lot to say beforehand!! There are already many different perspectives. She said she recorded a lot and has records, so hopefully more gets sorted out.
                      Last edited by Callista17; Aug. 8, 2019, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mac Donald View Post
                        From the victim’s public FB page:

On it! 👌
                        If I didn’t live in the house on the premises (part time from my other home in NC) & the past 2 weeks hadn’t provided me with SOLID GOLD in terms of plotting, bullying, sexual remarks, body shaming, etc..... causing me to get SafeSport involved.... I’d be O U T “yesterday.”

But, Bc the trainer(when he was in very bad need of money) basically forced us to get every quality horse I own to him/ immediately- I’d be much more easily able to move 5 horses- which was his exact plan. To trap us here - thinking it would be impossible to move so many horses, thereby being able to force us deal with “new rules, prices & extras for already included show costs,” has always been the scam I didn’t see coming.
                        Now that he’s “miraculously” come into some money from ............. an “insurance claim,” (more on that & what we actually know to be fact) on pm. 😉😎
                        Is body shaming a SS reportable offense? I can’t even imagine a horse world without constant pressure to be thin.

Comment

She seems a bit unhinged, based on that Facebook page. Will be interesting to find out what really happened....

Definitely hoping for a speedy recovery for the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by inca View Post
                            She seems a bit unhinged, based on that Facebook page. Will be interesting to find out what really happened....

Definitely hoping for a speedy recovery for the victim.
                            she's a kid, but also you don't get to shoot someone, regardless of their kooky internet persona.

To slightly side step, the lines parroted are the same ones I've personally heard and heard said to others so often in this industry my whole life

I can get you to the top
                            you're nothing without me
                            Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Wow. I have been reading the facebook message thread and apparently, it has turned into a Safesport issue. Or, rather, there are a load of comments that are tacitly implying the victim was shot becuase he was "pissed" about SS. We literally have no idea what occurred that night - speculation is coming from the victims' FB post this past week - and we could be dragging people's names and mental state through the mud. Social media is mind-boggling sometimes. I hope everyone is alright.

Comment

Originally posted by h0rsel0ver View Post
                                Wow. I have been reading the facebook message thread and apparently, it has turned into a Safesport issue. Or, rather, there are a load of comments that are tacitly implying the victim was shot becuase he was "pissed" about SS. We literally have no idea what occurred that night - speculation is coming from the victims' FB post this past week - and we could be dragging people's names and mental state through the mud. Social media is mind-boggling sometimes. I hope everyone is alright.
                                totally agree that everyone talking now is speculating based on available info.

Still, definitely can't shoot someone who isn't a direct and immediate physical threat
                                Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Since when is late 30's a kid? Totally agree that no matter what was said online, shooting is not a solution to whatever disagreement was happening. But, we really don't know the circumstances surrounding the shooting. Hope she has a full recovery. And hope everyone at that barn can recover from what had to be a completely shocking event.

Comment

If she graduated from high school in 1998, then she is near 40. I hope she recovers quickly.

Comment

(Is she really in her 30's? Her FB post read like she is in her 20s.)

I hope she pulls, through. From my general understanding - very general - there was a client/trainer tension. So, I cannot for the life of me, imagine why a gun would at all be necessary during any confrontation over training horses...

The girl was shot in the heart, twice. I am a relatively firm believer, that if you pick up a gun, it is not an idle threat, you are shooting to kill. If I operate from my POV, I am trying to fathom what on earth went down. Is anyone familiar with her? Her FB page says she has 5 international horses in training and her profile pic has her with, Isabell Werth; is she some big-time rider?
                                      Last edited by h0rsel0ver; Aug. 8, 2019, 01:37 AM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Her fb Page gives her high school graduation as 1998. She could have given the wrong date.

Comment

Working...
                                        X