Stallion Spotlight

Sandro Hit Standa Eylers

Real Estate Spotlight

97 Spring Lane (1)
  • Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 5/9/18)
See more
See less

Blue Hors stable tour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Hors stable tour

This was just posted Jan 29, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDA9_va7naM

The cue card kid just held up an empty cue card. For a minute there I thought I had lost my sense of humor. --- Red Skelton

That was amazing. Thank you!

Comment

Oh my!!!

Wonder if he saw a beautiful grey mare called Matinee?
      Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

Matinee passed some years ago, accident in turn out.
        Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Lover this channel in general. Fun content.

Comment

Very fancy and functional stable. I'm fascinated by their manure machine!

Comment

I did not know that about Matinee - I know she got hurt in Vegas, but assumed she was now a broodmare....my two favorites - her and Farouche. I think Equibrit let me down a bit there!
              Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

Comment

Wow! Great video. Thanks for sharing the link.

My hearing isn't very good; who was the chestnut being ridden in the arena?

Edited: It is Blue Hors Zepter
                Last edited by Joanne; Feb. 15, 2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Lovely facility, well thought out. Want one of their jackets! Enjoy the youtube channel, they have some entertaining ones.

Comment

Thank you! Loved watching how things are done over there. They really consider it an industry.

The manure machine is amazing, but I couldn't hear very well exactly how it worked. Do they then spread those tube things on the fields for fertilizer?

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmunddrang View Post
                      Thank you! Loved watching how things are done over there. They really consider it an industry.

The manure machine is amazing, but I couldn't hear very well exactly how it worked. Do they then spread those tube things on the fields for fertilizer?
                      I believe he said that they are great for providing heat. Not exactly sure how.

Comment

Is this place a national or privately owned facility? Amazing place can't imagine how many millions it is worth.

Comment

It's private
                          Let me apologize in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Tap View Post

I believe he said that they are great for providing heat. Not exactly sure how.
                            Cat Tap I think they have turned the manure into essentially a compressed "log" which you would burn like in a wood stove - creating heat. Very cool recycling. There are other places in the world that use animal manure as burning fuel.
                            One day you'll wake up and there wont be any more time to do what you've always wanted to do. Do it NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by ewells View Post

Cat Tap I think they have turned the manure into essentially a compressed "log" which you would burn like in a wood stove - creating heat. Very cool recycling. There are other places in the world that use animal manure as burning fuel.
                              My father used to buy tons of peat moss every year for his camellias. Till I was 10 yrs old and got my first horse who took over the job of fertilization Goggle peat moss. In the UK it was burned to heat homes. It has manure and vegetation in it on the moors.

Comment

I discovered Matt's youtube channel and videos a couple of months ago and enjoy watching them! I guess his channel is my version of reality tv. I loved that episode where he toured Blue Hors.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Tap View Post
                                  Is this place a national or privately owned facility? Amazing place can't imagine how many millions it is worth.
                                  The owners of LEGO are the owners of this place.
                                  https://www.facebook.com/Luckyacresfarm
                                  https://www.facebook.com/Ulrike-Bsch...4373849955364/

Comment

Originally posted by ewells View Post

And I believe they use the manure logs basically to heat their stables and the indoor... remember in the beginning they said everything is heated
                                    https://www.facebook.com/Luckyacresfarm
                                    https://www.facebook.com/Ulrike-Bsch...4373849955364/

Comment

Originally posted by cloudyandcallie View Post

My father used to buy tons of peat moss every year for his camellias. Till I was 10 yrs old and got my first horse who took over the job of fertilization Goggle peat moss. In the UK it was burned to heat homes. It has manure and vegetation in it on the moors.
                                      Peat is what is burned for heat, peat moss is used for soil improvement. Two different things.
                                      ... _. ._ .._. .._

Comment

Working...
                                      X