• Welcome to the Chronicle Forums.
    Please complete your profile. The forums and the rest of www.chronofhorse.com has single sign-in, so your log in information for one will automatically work for the other. Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of the individual and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Chronicle of the Horse.

Announcement

Collapse

Forum rules and no-advertising policy

As a participant on this forum, it is your responsibility to know and follow our rules. Please read this message in its entirety.

Board Rules

1. You’re responsible for what you say.
As outlined in Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, The Chronicle of the Horse and its affiliates, as well Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., the developers of vBulletin, are not legally responsible for statements made in the forums.

This is a public forum viewed by a wide spectrum of people, so please be mindful of what you say and who might be reading it—details of personal disputes are likely better handled privately. While posters are legally responsible for their statements, the moderators may in their discretion remove or edit posts that violate these rules. Users have the ability to modify or delete their own messages after posting, but administrators generally will not delete posts, threads or accounts upon request.

Outright inflammatory, vulgar, harassing, malicious or otherwise inappropriate statements and criminal charges unsubstantiated by a reputable news source or legal documentation will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

Credible threats of suicide will be reported to the police along with identifying user information at our disposal, in addition to referring the user to suicide helpline resources such as 1-800-SUICIDE or 1-800-273-TALK.

2. Conversations in horse-related forums should be horse-related.
The forums are a wonderful source of information and support for members of the horse community. While it’s understandably tempting to share information or search for input on other topics upon which members might have a similar level of knowledge, members must maintain the focus on horses.

3. Keep conversations productive, on topic and civil.
Discussion and disagreement are inevitable and encouraged; personal insults, diatribes and sniping comments are unproductive and unacceptable. Whether a subject is light-hearted or serious, keep posts focused on the current topic and of general interest to other participants of that thread. Utilize the private message feature or personal email where appropriate to address side topics or personal issues not related to the topic at large.

4. No advertising in the discussion forums.
Posts in the discussion forums directly or indirectly advertising horses, jobs, items or services for sale or wanted will be removed at the discretion of the moderators. Use of the private messaging feature or email addresses obtained through users’ profiles for unsolicited advertising is not permitted.

Company representatives may participate in discussions and answer questions about their products or services, or suggest their products on recent threads if they fulfill the criteria of a query. False "testimonials" provided by company affiliates posing as general consumers are not appropriate, and self-promotion of sales, ad campaigns, etc. through the discussion forums is not allowed.

Paid advertising is available on our classifieds site and through the purchase of banner ads. The tightly monitored Giveaways forum permits free listings of genuinely free horses and items available or wanted (on a limited basis). Items offered for trade are not allowed.

Advertising Policy Specifics
When in doubt of whether something you want to post constitutes advertising, please contact a moderator privately in advance for further clarification. Refer to the following points for general guidelines:

Horses – Only general discussion about the buying, leasing, selling and pricing of horses is permitted. If the post contains, or links to, the type of specific information typically found in a sales or wanted ad, and it’s related to a horse for sale, regardless of who’s selling it, it doesn’t belong in the discussion forums.

Stallions – Board members may ask for suggestions on breeding stallion recommendations. Stallion owners may reply to such queries by suggesting their own stallions, only if their horse fits the specific criteria of the original poster. Excessive promotion of a stallion by its owner or related parties is not permitted and will be addressed at the discretion of the moderators.

Services – Members may use the forums to ask for general recommendations of trainers, barns, shippers, farriers, etc., and other members may answer those requests by suggesting themselves or their company, if their services fulfill the specific criteria of the original post. Members may not solicit other members for business if it is not in response to a direct, genuine query.

Products – While members may ask for general opinions and suggestions on equipment, trailers, trucks, etc., they may not list the specific attributes for which they are in the market, as such posts serve as wanted ads.

Event Announcements – Members may post one notification of an upcoming event that may be of interest to fellow members, if the original poster does not benefit financially from the event. Such threads may not be “bumped” excessively. Premium members may post their own notices in the Event Announcements forum.

Charities/Rescues – Announcements for charitable or fundraising events can only be made for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations. Special exceptions may be made, at the moderators’ discretion and direction, for board-related events or fundraising activities in extraordinary circumstances.

Occasional posts regarding horses available for adoption through IRS-registered horse rescue or placement programs are permitted in the appropriate forums, but these threads may be limited at the discretion of the moderators. Individuals may not advertise or make announcements for horses in need of rescue, placement or adoption unless the horse is available through a recognized rescue or placement agency or government-run entity or the thread fits the criteria for and is located in the Giveaways forum.

5. Do not post copyrighted photographs unless you have purchased that photo and have permission to do so.

6. Respect other members.
As members are often passionate about their beliefs and intentions can easily be misinterpreted in this type of environment, try to explore or resolve the inevitable disagreements that arise in the course of threads calmly and rationally.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules of the board, please click the “alert” button (exclamation point inside of a triangle) in the bottom left corner of the post, which will alert ONLY the moderators to the post in question. They will then take whatever action, or no action, as deemed appropriate for the situation at their discretion. Do not air grievances regarding other posters or the moderators in the discussion forums.

Please be advised that adding another user to your “Ignore” list via your User Control Panel can be a useful tactic, which blocks posts and private messages by members whose commentary you’d rather avoid reading.

7. We have the right to reproduce statements made in the forums.
The Chronicle of the Horse may copy, quote, link to or otherwise reproduce posts, or portions of posts, in print or online for advertising or editorial purposes, if attributed to their original authors, and by posting in this forum, you hereby grant to The Chronicle of the Horse a perpetual, non-exclusive license under copyright and other rights, to do so.

8. We reserve the right to enforce and amend the rules.
The moderators may delete, edit, move or close any post or thread at any time, or refrain from doing any of the foregoing, in their discretion, and may suspend or revoke a user’s membership privileges at any time to maintain adherence to the rules and the general spirit of the forum. These rules may be amended at any time to address the current needs of the board.

Please see our full Terms of Service and Privacy Policy for more information.

Thanks for being a part of the COTH forums!

(Revised 2/8/18)
See more
See less

Unfair practices and moderation- I am finished here.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unfair practices and moderation- I am finished here.

    I am sure the mods will delete this thread just like my posts to address this topic, but here i goes anyways.

    I have been treated very unfairly in this forum and it's become very apparent that I do not get help with my concerns.
    I have received two infractions for "harassing" members (Manni) when I very much did no such thing! In fact I was only responding to very negitive posts coming MY way.

    It's now become a pattern and I am not being respected.

    Every post I have written was deleted immediately with out explanation, and I was never given any warnings before these 2 infractions.

    So I was very unclear on why the posts were considered worthy of such extreme reactions.

    One said "Manni is being a jerk". If that is enough to give me this demerit this is no where I want to put any more of my time or attention. That is rediculous when much worse abuse has come at me and NOTHING is done to ban Manni.

    Please consider this post sincerely. I wasn't going to post but I felt it was better for those who are still here to understand the current status.

    I don't play that way. I am NOT banned and I am choosing to leave on my own free will. I no longer understand how the mods are operating but it's enough to be fed up. If they are overworked due to OT/CE & no ignore then I feel they should consider reducing the workload as to not continue to confuse long time members. I do not know why Manni gets treated with kid gloves but it's a pattern here, I am not the only one who has left. I have said 500x times. this is what happens when no one listens.

    This is especially sad for me since I have been here since 2001- the early 2000s anyways- and I have always tried to add to content and add my experiences.

    I am not coming back here except to check PMs and I will not respond to this thread.

  • #2
    I have enjoyed reading your posts SendenHorse and I will miss your viewpoint.

    Consider doing what I did. When I first posted I got such negative reactions (during the Rollkur days) that I dropped out for years. It is often better now, though it is not perfect.

    I do see where you are coming from and I do not blame you at all. I do hope in several years you will come back and share your experiences and wisdom with us again.

    Comment


    • #3
      I support your decision. WHen I first joined (also very early 2000,2001) CoTH had a reputation of being a place where you had to be tough due to the many attacks. I also left for a while. That had changed in recent years, but now it seems some posters are never satisfied with anything offered and are totally negative about everything - and take it out on folks like you. SOrry will miss your insights.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SendenHorse View Post
        I am sure the mods will delete this thread just like my posts to address this topic, but here i goes anyways.

        I have been treated very unfairly in this forum and it's become very apparent that I do not get help with my concerns.
        I have received two infractions for "harassing" members (Manni) when I very much did no such thing! In fact I was only responding to very negitive posts coming MY way.

        It's now become a pattern and I am not being respected.

        Every post I have written was deleted immediately with out explanation, and I was never given any warnings before these 2 infractions.

        So I was very unclear on why the posts were considered worthy of such extreme reactions.

        One said "Manni is being a jerk". If that is enough to give me this demerit this is no where I want to put any more of my time or attention. That is rediculous when much worse abuse has come at me and NOTHING is done to ban Manni.

        Please consider this post sincerely. I wasn't going to post but I felt it was better for those who are still here to understand the current status.

        I don't play that way. I am NOT banned and I am choosing to leave on my own free will. I no longer understand how the mods are operating but it's enough to be fed up. If they are overworked due to OT/CE & no ignore then I feel they should consider reducing the workload as to not continue to confuse long time members. I do not know why Manni gets treated with kid gloves but it's a pattern here, I am not the only one who has left. I have said 500x times. this is what happens when no one listens.

        This is especially sad for me since I have been here since 2001- the early 2000s anyways- and I have always tried to add to content and add my experiences.

        I am not coming back here except to check PMs and I will not respond to this thread.
        Don't leave, I truly enjoy your posts as well! You are one of the long timers. STAY!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          If I were a mod I'd have banned both of you months ago.

          Comment


          • #6
            In the short time I have been a member I have enjoyed many of your viewpoints and wisdom. We NEED more people like you to balance out the more negative and errr...aggressive posters. I am NOT meaning anyone in particular

            Comment


            • #7
              Do not leave. If you leave, they win. You could take a break and then come back if certain posters drive you crazy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Awwww, crud, while we didn't always agree, I hate seeing you leave. I suspect Manni just reports every post that hurts her feelings - and the rest of us function a bit differently (ahem, like adults...) and figure it's an on-line forum, no need to report people unless it is something serious. Hope you reconsider once you realize how many here DO appreciate your opinion...

                Comment


                • #9
                  SendenHorse, Why if you are so innocent is the following true? If I click on your user name just below the avatar it takes me to your profile page. On that page under your screen name (where mine says Mensch) it says 'Proud Stalker" with a smile no less. And you have chosen to hide this side of your face in the open forum. I wish I could screen shot it, as I am sure it will be edited pronto.

                  Perhaps the mods have taken your self- designation into account in their judgment of your treatment of your fellow posters?

                  I think you should take a break, but come back after you have reflected on all that has been done and said.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bagatelle View Post
                    SendenHorse, Why if you are so innocent is the following true? If I click on your user name just below the avatar it takes me to your profile page. On that page under your screen name (where mine says Mensch) it says 'Proud Stalker" with a smile no less. And you have chosen to hide this side of your face in the open forum. I wish I could screen shot it, as I am sure it will be edited pronto.

                    Perhaps the mods have taken your self- designation into account in their judgment of your treatment of your fellow posters?

                    I think you should take a break, but come back after you have reflected on all that has been done and said.
                    Everyone can see Senden's status. It's based on an ongoing inside joke from a while ago. Kinda like satire in art, theatre, film, etc. Nothing nefarious... and certainly nothing to "reflect" upon.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But for the (thousands of ?) members not in on this private joke it looks quite different then how you portrait it. And even as a private joke it has mean spirited undertones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Somantu View Post

                        Everyone can see Senden's status. It's based on an ongoing inside joke from a while ago. Kinda like satire in art, theatre, film, etc. Nothing nefarious... and certainly nothing to "reflect" upon.
                        Exactly right - and I am not sure why that is somehow indicative of Sendenhorse's need to reflect on herself.
                        No more than Somantu should reflect on Rubenesquestrian (which I love) as some sort of deep meaningful look into her inner psyche and motives.

                        I get weary of seeing certain threads get railroaded into back and forth arguing... and have gotten much better at just considering the source at times - and just turning away. Sometimes you can see it coming a mile away (so to speak) and when a poster falls into their usual habits and posting style, it just reflects badly on them - no need to continue to add to it.

                        That being said - I have never been a fan of dramatic flouncing exit posts and do not think that is the way to go... but that is Sendenhorse's choice. Personally, I would never cave in - not even when I was treated to some particularly nasty PMs back in the CE forum days... in time, they became funny in a sad sort of way.

                        Originally posted by Bagatelle View Post
                        But for the (thousands of ?) members not in on this private joke it looks quite different then how you portrait it. And even as a private joke it has mean spirited undertones.
                        I would read that and not immediately default to "mean, spirited undertones" and think that it just referred to something I was not involved in - and likely a private joke of some kind - hence the "Proud". There have been many status headings that left me scratching my head... but that was about as much thought as I gave them. I do not think they are a reliable or reasonable way to judge another poster...


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by smoofox View Post

                          That being said - I have never been a fan of dramatic flouncing exit posts and do not think that is the way to go... but that is Sendenhorse's choice.
                          It's childish. She'll be back, either on this username or her other one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The 'Proud Stalker' status only displays on the Profile page, not in the open forum. To me, who is not privy to all the cool girl inside jokes, that seems a little like hiding something you know would be frowned on.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bagatelle View Post
                              The 'Proud Stalker' status only displays on the Profile page, not in the open forum. To me, who is not privy to all the cool girl inside jokes, that seems a little like hiding something you know would be frowned on.
                              I think you can actually set that in your own profile page? Or maybe only shows up if you're logged in? But I may be completely wrong.

                              Mine is set up this way, so I can see people's signatures and avatars.

                              Conversation Detail Options
                              Visible Post Elements
                              Show Signatures
                              Show Avatars
                              Edit Post Signature

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Continuing to post the word ''jerk'' in subsequent posts, after it being deleted by moderators is asking to be banned, which makes the flouncing and goodbye cruel board redundant anyway imo.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Can does not always equal should. People hide things for reasons, not always nefarious reasons I grant you.

                                  I am new here, would the site moderators have approved the 'Proud Stalker' status? Is hiding a status the moderation would not approve in keeping with the spirit of the rules of this site? Does flaunting the rules in such a fashion give credence to SendenHorse's pique?

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Bagatelle View Post
                                    Can does not always equal should. People hide things for reasons, not always nefarious reasons I grant you.

                                    I am new here, would the site moderators have approved the 'Proud Stalker' status? Is hiding a status the moderation would not approve in keeping with the spirit of the rules of this site? Does flaunting the rules in such a fashion give credence to SendenHorse's pique?
                                    Why are you on this like a dog with a bone? People can put whatever they want in their profile and I doubt Seden is hiding anything. I think at one point it was visible. Also, why do you feel the need to be up on all the inside jokes here? Although its not really an inside joke as much as past threads and such.
                                    Last edited by Denali6298; Feb. 11, 2018, 07:21 PM.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Oh dear, it seems I sat at the wrong table in the high school cafeteria again. Such is life.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Sendenhorse - I know you are reading - why post this under Dressage? Would it not have been better on OT?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X